Author Topic: The developping coup  (Read 545 times)

Offline kartographer

The developping coup
« on: May 18, 2016, 04:13:09 am »
The developping coup

daniel-venezuela.blogspot By Daniel 5/17/16

http://daniel-venezuela.blogspot.com/2016/05/maduro-developping-coup-venezuela.html

You need to keep following closely what is going on in Venezuela. Any distraction, the more so if you are overseas like yours truly these days, and you may miss the gran finale.

As expected, a cornered regime has started its moves to abolish the national assembly and establish a bona fide dictatorship. It has no choice: elections are not an option for them, they cannot win them even with massive fraud. And lose they cannot because a change of government means that too many of them will go to jail. Thus in front of the perspective of a recall election on Maduro that all indicate will be a sure defeat for Maduro there is nothing else left but to block the drive for recall election.  This is underway at great risk as the mood of the country is clearly set for change. Not necessarily in favor the opposition  but most definitely to kick out Maduro.
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Optiguy

Re: The developping coup
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 04:26:29 am »
From the report: "And thus we are now on the "my way or the highway" moment we were all awaiting eagerly."
Seems to be a lot of that going around. Our GOPe congress has allowed their powers to be so undermined, I can see the remainder of this presidential term and whichever fool occupies next, continuing this trend.

Offline kartographer

Re: The developping coup
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 04:27:41 am »
I can see the remainder of this presidential term and whichever fool occupies next, continuing this trend.

Needs repeating!
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."