Author Topic: First openly gay leader of a U.S. military service branch  (Read 18812 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: First openly gay leader of a U.S. military service branch
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2016, 07:41:11 pm »
Bull.  It's a sexual choice.  There's no gay "gene" that someone is born with.

There is no Christian gene, or American gene, or conservative gene either.

But many ask for standing/acceptance of those qualities, for their own self-identity.

Then next, another says--"no you cannot be a true Christian for you do not believe as do I, and I am a True Christian."

Etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2016, 07:46:06 pm »
There is no Christian gene, or American gene, or conservative gene either.

But many ask for standing/acceptance of those qualities, for their own self-identity.

Then next, another says--"no you cannot be a true Christian for you do not believe as do I, and I am a True Christian."

Etc.

And Christians...even though they are the majority in the U.S. are persecuted ridiculed and pretty much banned form the public square.  But let one person demand that their gayness be accepted and a whole group of people will steamroll whomever they must to protect the special snowflake.

There are no "rights" being denied to gays.  There is NO comparison to the Civil Rights struggle of the 60's.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2016, 07:55:38 pm »
And Christians...even though they are the majority in the U.S. are persecuted ridiculed and pretty much banned form the public square.  But let one person demand that their gayness be accepted and a whole group of people will steamroll whomever they must to protect the special snowflake.

There are no "rights" being denied to gays.  There is NO comparison to the Civil Rights struggle of the 60's.

Christians are not persecuted and banned from the public square, where I live. Benny Hinn lives in my county. The Chrystal Cathedral used to be nearby. The TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) has Hq. in the town one over. Rick Warren's Saddleback church is a few miles from here. Chuck Smith's Calvary Chapel campus is in the next town also.

In the next county can be found Greg Lurie of the Harvest Crusade. There are Catholic parishes, Mormon wards, and various branches of evangelical denominations, etc.

Christianity is alive and thriving. If you see something to the contrary perhaps your prescriptions need adjusting.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2016, 08:02:23 pm »
Christians are not persecuted and banned from the public square, where I live. Benny Hinn lives in my county. The Chrystal Cathedral used to be nearby. The TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) has Hq. in the town one over. Rick Warren's Saddleback church is a few miles from here. Chuck Smith's Calvary Chapel campus is in the next town also.

In the next county can be found Greg Lurie of the Harvest Crusade. There are Catholic parishes, Mormon wards, and various branches of evangelical denominations, etc.

Christianity is alive and thriving. If you see something to the contrary perhaps your prescriptions need adjusting.

So you deny completely the left's assault on Christians...on the freedom of religion and religious expression?

None of that happens to Christians?  Is that what I'm hearing you say correctly in between your name dropping of a handful of Megachurches?

Let me know how that non existent persecution is working out the next time a christian family that runs a bakery or a photography studio refuse to do a job for a gay couple because of their personal religious beliefs.

Get back to me the next time a football coach is fired because he prays with players in the end zone after a game.

Then we shall see who exactly needs their prescriptions adjusted.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »
"So you deny completely " is your distortion of my remarks. Find somebody else, willing to have their words twisted, distorted.

This discussion is a waste of my time.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2016, 08:47:35 pm »
Please...by all means...if you know something the rest of the world doesn't...don't hesitate to share.

You're the one who said in no uncertain terms that there wasn't a genetic origin to homosexuality.

ETA:  Seems some scientists are pretty sure I'm right.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/445/study-no-theres-no-evidence-gay-gene-pardes-seleh

Others don't:

"A new study of twins provides the strongest evidence yet that homosexuality has a genetic basis, researchers say, though they say other factors like social conditioning may be important. "

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/17/science/gay-men-in-twin-study.html

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2016, 09:16:33 pm »
Imagine what he'll do when he finds out there are Muslims in the military, too.

Soldiers at Fort Dix and Fort Hood found out the hard way.  Vet much, we should.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2016, 09:36:48 pm »
Dont forget the University of Chicago study on lifetime partners...

By that, you mean the positions held by the vast majority of Americans throughout the vast majority of our history?   

I study this issue.   I've been studying it since the 1990s,   and people have no idea how the wool has been pulled over their eyes relating to this issue.   They are shocked to hear an opinion different from what the Liberal media has conditioned them to believe. 

And how would you know?  Do you go to gay bars or hookups with them?   First of all,   I will point out that lesbians are very different creatures from male homosexuals.   I'm not going to get into  it,  (at this time)  but their behavior and motivation is at the opposite end of the spectrum from queer males.   

If you are basing your opinions on the behaviors of Lesbians,   you aren't going to be able to apply them to the crazy promiscuity demonstrated by the "gay"  males.   Queer males exhibit the male sex drive,   while queer females still exhibit the female sex drive.   

To get an idea of how this works in practice,   imagine you are a normal horny young male,   and then imagine that you have no moral inhibitions and that there are thousands of beautiful young girls who are eager to have sex with you the first time you meet them.    In other words,  Females with strong male sex drive,  instead of the more normal  less aggressive female sex drive.   

Well most young males would go crazy.   They would be hopping into two or three beds per day for days at a time.   They would do this for weeks,  until they were exhausted.   After a break,  they would resume for as long as they could keep it up.   (Believe me,  I know servicemen who were stationed in the Philippines,  and that is exactly what they did. ) 

So now imagine those thousands of young females were males,   with real male sex drive,  and that you were attracted to them,   and wanting to do to them what the normal males wanted to do with the females.  Imagine that,   and you will have an idea of what Male "gay"  culture is like.   

They will literally have thousands of partners in their lifetime.   Not 10 or 20,   Thousands.    Studies of the San Francisco bath houses (during their heyday)  demonstrated that they were having on average,  10  sexual encounters per night.   

You want to discuss this topic like adults?   Let's get into it.   I always encourage people to look up reliable sources of information regarding this topic.   The reality is far uglier than the fantasy story that has been pedaled by activists and the media.   (Same thing nowadays.)   

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2016, 09:57:25 pm »
I knew about Burke and Smith, but did not know they were close personal friends.

You teach us much, DL

Edmund Burke is regarded as the Father of social conservatism,  and Adam Smith is regarded as the Father of Fiscal conservatism,   but what most people don't know is that not only were the two men contemporaries,   but they were in fact close personal friends who developed their ideas in tandem with each other.   

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2016, 10:02:29 pm »
Bull.  It's a sexual choice.  There's no gay "gene" that someone is born with.

Caused by abnormal chemical mixup while during gestation

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2016, 10:09:21 pm »
Soldiers at Fort Dix and Fort Hood found out the hard way.  Vet much, we should.

Soldiers have much greater chance of being killed by another heterosexual soldier blinking the first soldiers wife of gf.  Stories of these murders /adultery are posted on the daily mail on acregualr basis

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2016, 10:45:57 pm »
Different degrees and examples of bad conduct.  All consequences of our permissive society.

Soldiers have much greater chance of being killed by another heterosexual soldier blinking the first soldiers wife of gf.  Stories of these murders /adultery are posted on the daily mail on acregualr basis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2016, 02:08:42 am »
Luis wrote:
"There is no Religion forum in TBR, and that is by deliberate design."

Interesting, in view of the reality that the greatest struggle in human history -- one which will come to a head in this century sooner rather than later -- is about "religion".

Or. perhaps more appropriately, a form of totalitarian control that masks itself as if it were a religion...
... behind a burqha.

Offline CaliGirl

« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2016, 02:22:00 am »
I a wondering why all of the homosexual have the need to broad cast to the American people that they are gay??? I have never ever heard of any person who was not gay announce it to the American people!!! I honestly wonder what is wrong with this picture???

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2016, 02:37:46 am »
I a wondering why all of the homosexual have the need to broad cast to the American people that they are gay??? I have never ever heard of any person who was not gay announce it to the American people!!! I honestly wonder what is wrong with this picture???

When a male and female places their engagement or wedding announcement in the paper they are announcing they are heterosexual. I could give a 1000 other examples where heterosexuals announce they are heterosexual.

Why can't gays do the same?
@CaliGirl
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:39:59 am by mirraflake »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2016, 02:47:50 am »

In my life experience, they ALL do not do that. Back during my corporate era (74-89), there were a few, that I later confirmed. But they made no fuss over it in the workplace. One was a VP in an energy industry Fortune 500 firm.

We have gone from a time when they generally did NOT come out in the open about it, to a time when some of them do.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2016, 03:29:19 am »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2016, 08:38:00 am »

Write this down...may not happen ever again.

Great post.

That's the state of religious "freedom" in the U.S. these days.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2016, 10:45:23 am »

It's what they're in business to do.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2016, 11:45:20 am »
You're the one who said in no uncertain terms that there wasn't a genetic origin to homosexuality.

Others don't:

"A new study of twins provides the strongest evidence yet that homosexuality has a genetic basis, researchers say, though they say other factors like social conditioning may be important. "

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/17/science/gay-men-in-twin-study.html

So basically we have here the same kind of debate that others have about Global Warming.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2016, 11:45:48 am »
It's what they're in business to do.

They also have the right to refuse service.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2016, 12:18:33 pm »
They also have the right to refuse service.
They should have that right, yes.  But a lot of these anti-discrimination laws make that impossible.  My own politically incorrect solution to this would be to do away with the anti-discrimination laws entirely but require businesses to clearly identify who they will not serve.  Bakeries and florists could post "We do not serve homosexuals" and then let the market sort things out.  Those who choose to patronize them regardless of their policy will do so.  Those who decide not to patronize them because of their policy will do so.  There will be no surprises, no embarrassments, no need for lawsuits.  As for the business, if they don't specify then they have to serve whoever walks in the door.  It could be the same for race, religion, nationality, whatever.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2016, 12:19:52 pm »
So basically we have here the same kind of debate that others have about Global Warming.

You could say that.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2016, 12:22:40 pm »
They should have that right, yes.  But a lot of these anti-discrimination laws make that impossible.  My own politically incorrect solution to this would be to do away with the anti-discrimination laws entirely but require businesses to clearly identify who they will not serve.  Bakeries and florists could post "We do not serve homosexuals" and then let the market sort things out.  Those who choose to patronize them regardless of their policy will do so.  Those who decide not to patronize them because of their policy will do so.  There will be no surprises, no embarrassments, no need for lawsuits.  As for the business, if they don't specify then they have to serve whoever walks in the door.  It could be the same for race, religion, nationality, whatever.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion nor prohibit the free expression thereof." Seems all these pervert enabling laws do is restrict the free expression of religion. Its the Courts dammit.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RedHead

« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2016, 12:29:29 pm »
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion nor prohibit the free expression thereof." Seems all these pervert enabling laws do is restrict the free expression of religion. Its the Courts dammit.
And my proposed solution would let the business refuse to serve people for any reason whatsoever, not just on religious grounds.  Freedom of association used to be an accepted practice.  Being in business should not take that away.  All I'm proposing is that businesses be required to identify who they choose to associate with to avoid any confusion.