Author Topic: First openly gay leader of a U.S. military service branch  (Read 18446 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

First openly gay leader of a U.S. military service branch
« on: May 18, 2016, 12:34:14 am »
Originally titled "It is stuff like this that makes you realize we have a Uniparty... and it's evil.   "   

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-backs-fanning-army-secretary-212849987.html?ref=gs

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate unanimously backed President Barack Obama's nomination of Eric Fanning as secretary of the Army on Tuesday, making him the first openly gay leader of a U.S. military service branch.

43 years ago,  this was considered a mental illness.   Just a couple of decades ago,  it would prevent you from getting clearance or being admitted to many jobs in the military or government.   

Now we put our armed forces under the control of a queer?   And all the Republicans in the Senate were okay with it?     

It makes me think that perhaps Ann Barnhardt has a point. 

Just another battle in the War Against Reality. 

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:51:49 am by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-backs-fanning-army-secretary-212849987.html?ref=gs

43 years ago,  this was considered a mental illness.   Just a couple of decades ago,  it would prevent you from getting clearance or being admitted to many jobs in the military or government.   

Now we put our armed forces under the control of a queer?   And all the Republicans in the Senate were okay with it?     

It makes me think that perhaps Ann Barnhardt has a point. 

Just another battle in the War Against Reality. 

You have no idea how happy I am that I am retired
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline DiogenesLamp

You have no idea how happy I am that I am retired

Reminds me of what Bob Hope said: 

"California just made homosexuality legal.   I'm leaving before they make it mandatory. "

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: First openly gay leader of a U.S. military service branch
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:41:23 am »
Really?   55 views so far and only one comment by someone other than me? 

I'm beginning to think that I didn't leave the party,   the party has left me. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 02:48:54 am »
Was that a BFOQ for the position now?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 02:50:04 am »
This is an insult to all service members and those who support them. **nononono*

Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 02:52:41 am »
In position because he will order troops to fire on American Men Women and Children for daring to resist.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 02:58:15 am »
Really?   55 views so far and only one comment by someone other than me? 

I'm beginning to think that I didn't leave the party,   the party has left me.

Your comments are stupid.

"Queer"?  Really?

The approval was UNANIMOUS.  Republicans and Democrats.

No doubt 40 years ago you'd have opposed a black Army Secretary.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 03:01:17 am »
Was that a BFOQ for the position now?

Under an Obama administration I expect it was. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 03:05:26 am »
I think we can do without that descriptive adjective please.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 03:08:33 am »

There are blacks in the military!?!?!?! What's Trump doin' 'bout that!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 03:08:47 am »
In position because he will order troops to fire on American Men Women and Children for daring to resist.

Let me point out what Ernst Roehm  said about @ueers.   

The Brown Shirts were Hitler's enforcers. According to Nazi historian Louis Snyder, Roehm recruited homosexuals into the SA because Roehm felt Germany needed "a proud and arrogant lot who could brawl, carouse, smash windows, kill and slaughter for the hell of it. Straights, in eyes, were not as adept in such behavior as practicing homosexuals."

People do not grasp the nature of the fire they are playing with. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 03:13:46 am »
Maybe the Republicans did not object because unlike some posters they actually read the guy's resume and decided he was the best  candidate regardless of being gay.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 03:14:30 am »
Personally I can't say I'm excited to see this..... But there have always been gays in the military, I knew several back in the Vietnam era and as long as they did their job and completed their mission I could have cared less.

As long as the guy is competent and does his job, then I can ignore a private life I don't condone......

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 03:16:53 am »
Your comments are stupid.

"Queer"?  Really?

The approval was UNANIMOUS.  Republicans and Democrats.

I suggest you explain to your black friends that in your opinion they are like Homosexuals.    I know all my black friends get quite upset when people make that comparison,   because they think homosexuals are perverts.   

Comparing them to homosexuals is a good way to get a beat down.   They don't like it because it is a disgusting comparison.    What next?   Cross Dressers are like Black people?    How about   the "Dragon Lady"?   Are "Dragons"   comparable to black people too?   

Or are they just mentally ill people who need help?   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 03:17:47 am »

Let me point out what Ernst Roehm  said about @ueers.   

People do not grasp the nature of the fire they are playing with.

And you do not grasp the nature of the fire YOU are playing with if you continue your line of argument.  I suggest you drop your derogatory terms. 

We've had no problems on this forum in the seven years I've been here with homosexual issues and we are not going to start having them now.

The Secretary of the Army is a homosexual.  Homosexuals are welcome in the military.  That you can't deal with that is your problem. 

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 03:20:12 am »

I suggest you explain to your black friends that in your opinion they are like Homosexuals.    I know all my black friends get quite upset when people make that comparison,   because they think homosexuals are perverts.   

Comparing them to homosexuals is a good way to get a beat down.   They don't like it because it is a disgusting comparison.    What next?   Cross Dressers are like Black people?    How about   the "Dragon Lady"?   Are "Dragons"   comparable to black people too?   

Or are they just mentally ill people who need help?

Nice...comparing the tattooed freak to Fanning.  Have you seen his picture and read his resume?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 03:23:42 am »
Skin pigmentation is not the same thing as moral behavior.  It is a sad day in America when a guy who advertises the fact that he lives an immoral and unnatural sexual lifestyle can become a leader in the Army.  That could not have happened even a short time ago.  He would not have been allowed to even be a member of the Army.  But hey.  One more reason for God to harshly judge our country.  We've abandoned our Judeo-Christian roots and act like God owes us His blessing.  He doesn't. 

Reagan said that we should not ask whether God is on our side.  Rather we should ask if we are on His side.  Clearly we are not.

Taking a man's porta-potty part and placing it in another man's porta-poopy part does not a a moral union make.    Part 2 is made for another activity entirely, whether that activity is performed in a men's restroom or a women's restroom.  Conversely, women don't even have parts that can substitute.  They must purchase them.  This idiotic issue was won by the left and their apologists on the right because of dishonest and evolving arguments and because of gutless opposition.  So okay.  You've won.  Just as Trump supporters will own the disaster that follows their candidate, you will own the judgment that follows this issue.

I'll be happy to own it. Gay marriage has been legal for nearly a year now, and my marriage is just dandy.  Gays have been functioning in societies since time began, have contributed to all manner of business, technology, the arts.  Why should they have to be shunned to a second-class place in society? 

What they do in their bedrooms is their business, just as what you do in yours is yours.  You don't like their lifestyles.  Fine.   Have nothing to do with them, if that is your wont.

But all the fear and loathing about gays in various places in society by some (mostly in the evangelical community) has fizzled.  And it will continue to be a big nothing.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 03:24:32 am »
The Secretary of the Army is a homosexual.  Homosexuals are welcome in the military.  That you can't deal with that is your problem.

Not everyone needs to like the same stuff you do. If the poster is not in favor of this activity, who cares?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 03:24:47 am »
Maybe the Republicans did not object because unlike some posters they actually read the guy's resume and decided he was the best  candidate regardless of being gay.

That's likely the case.  They aren't given to knee-jerking.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 03:28:29 am »

The two characteristics are mutually exclusive,   and have been for the last 250 years of this nation's existence,   and for the last 2,000 years of Western civilization as well.   

In 1787 they hanged people for sodomy.   Up till the 1960s,  they tossed them into mental institutions.   

Most homosexuals have sever psychological problems,  and I do mean SEVERE.   They are anything but "gay"  in the original meaning of the word.   The number one cause of deaths among homosexuals is suicide,  (same with transgenders)   and they tend to be rampant with very nasty diseases.   

Again,   the Military has barred them from service for the vast bulk of it's existence because they are not considered mentally stable.   

What has happened is that Hollywood and the New York based media launched a propaganda campaign that has culminated in the public being fed a lot of crap about Homosexuals,  how they behave,  and what they do. 

If you want to get an "not for public consumption"  example of what they do,   check out the Zombietime  section of PJMedia.    The annual   Folsom street fair has been documented pictorially. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2016, 03:36:03 am »
Personally I can't say I'm excited to see this..... But there have always been gays in the military, I knew several back in the Vietnam era and as long as they did their job and completed their mission I could have cared less.

As long as the guy is competent and does his job, then I can ignore a private life I don't condone......

Have you not noticed?   They cannot help but make sure you know all about their private life.    I think they get a sort of satisfaction at making certain everyone around them knows they are @ueer.

There are two prominent examples of them in the old testament,  and in those two examples,   they not only insisted that everyone know they were @ueer,   but that other people (Angels,  Travelers)  were compelled to participate in their acts.     

As Trotsky said:  You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.

You will be made to care. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 03:45:12 am »
And you do not grasp the nature of the fire YOU are playing with if you continue your line of argument.  I suggest you drop your derogatory terms. 

Threatening to ban me is weak sauce compared to what I think may be coming in our future.   

We've had no problems on this forum in the seven years I've been here with homosexual issues and we are not going to start having them now.

It's looking like we're trying to have a free speech problem.    If you haven't been having problems with Homosexual issues,  than you are either not paying attention,   or you've gone over to the other side.   

They are *NOT*  welcome in the Military.   The Great Affirmative Action Poohbah,  elected by media lies and stupid people has *FORCED*  the military to take them,   against all advice,  and against all history.   

Painting it as though this was a desirable outcome for the Military is simply spreading their propaganda for them.    Have you seen the numbers of same sex sexual assaults that the military has been reporting lately?   

http://www.gq.com/long-form/male-military-rape

Stop listening to the agenda driven media,  and look up facts for yourself. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 03:53:13 am »

Have you not noticed?   .     

I haven't noticed this individual making a big deal out of his private life and apparently no one in the Senate did either.

Although, personally I don't disagree much with your sentiment's, I realize many in our society today disagree both with my extreme conservatism and religious beliefs which is why I choose not to publicly discuss them outside of a forum such as this

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 03:53:39 am »

Have you not noticed?   They cannot help but make sure you know all about their private life.    I think they get a sort of satisfaction at making certain everyone around them knows they are @ueer.

Yes, unlike heterosexual people who post pics of their latest squeeze on Facebook, post engagement and wedding announcements in the newspaper, etc etc.
As for your prior post saying they have a high rate of suicide if I was told all my life I should be hanged, jailed, I was freak etc I would have suicidal thoughts also.

As for Folsom... Have you ever been to spring break or Mardi gras?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:57:11 am by mirraflake »