Author Topic: Did Politico just bust the Donald Trump narrative on new voters?  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Did Politico just bust the Donald Trump narrative on new voters?
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 09:19:14 pm »
#neverTrumpers being told what to think by Politico. If their analysis had any credibility why then is Trump record breaking all other GOP primary voting records ever? #neverTrump is very gullible.

You need to stop huffing paint in between posts. There is no one here who is anti Trump that is pushing for Cruz since he dropped. The CCG is disbanded. What you are going to have to sober up and realize is that there is a sizable amount of people who hate Trump. Even some of his supporters hate him but hate Hitlary more. Trump got 5 million less votes that all the other candidates combined this election so far. When running unopposed, he is still losing 30 to 40% of the Primary voters in those states. He is not a popular guy unless you are big into statism and centralized federal govt'.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 09:37:59 pm »
That is just not true.  Only the trumpers can find anything unlikable about Ted Cruz.

Sorry ma'am, but I am certainly not a "trumper." 

Partly I don't like him because he, like Obama, is over-ambitious: reaching for the presidency before he even finishes his first term in the Senate.  That's reason enough to distrust him.

In any case, judging by conversations with a lot of other "non-trumpers," I'm far from alone in finding him somehow repellent.  I don't know if it's because his answers are often slippery and calculating, or what ... but there's something about the guy I just don't like.

Offline bilo

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 09:43:47 pm »
The donor to the Clinton Crime Family will ensure a Clinton victory unless the delegates wake up at the convention and nominate Cruz.

At this point that would end up being a disaster as well.

FWIW, I think Politico is wrong. Trump really got his surge in open primary states. He had to have gotten a lot of cross over votes. If Politico is right it's going to be a real bad defeat in Nov.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 09:46:47 pm »
All the dimocraps that crossed over in the open primaries to case mischief will go running back to Hitlery in the general as well. Just one more false narrative from the Trump train wreck.

Maybe the one good thing that will come out of this mess that is called Trump is the GOP will close the nominating process to Pubs only.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 10:00:36 pm »
I'm not a fan of the Media, but the reason Cruz did so badly is because more Conservatives found him to be dishonest then you did.
No.  The reason Cruz did so badly, is because Trump did everything he could and then some, to falsely slander, smear and attack Cruz' character. 

The reason Cruz did so badly, is because he isn't a reality TV star who is big on saying asinine obnoxious things and pandering for the most attention.

The reason Cruz did so badly, is because he didn't get 24/7 media coverage and hype, the ENTIRE TIME he was campaigning.

The reason Cruz did so badly, is because our society has become an immoral, valueless, unprincipled society, who cares more about "getting even", "getting revenge" and "making someone pay", than they are about actually fixing things.

The reason Cruz did so badly, is because he expressed a sane, rational, logical and common sense approach to SHRINKING government, reigning in the out of control elites, and putting the people back in charge.  But because our society is so dumbed down, they can't grasp logic or reason any more.

When you have a candidate, that is given 24/7 media coverage, that feeds into EMOTIONS and curiosity of the under educated and low informed populace, luring them in on reality tv type antics and obnoxious behaviors, who isn't fact checked, isn't vetted, isn't questioned, and is allowed to say whatever he wants and given a free pass with everything, it is very difficult to over come that.  The stupid believe everything he says...every lie he tells, every smear he tosses out there.

I'd wager, if Trump were not in the picture, at all, Cruz would be the nominee, hands down.  Trump is the symptom of a larger problem......our government isn't just broken, our society is.

Offline bilo

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 10:02:19 pm »
I'm not a fan of the Media, but the reason Cruz did so badly is because more Conservatives found him to be dishonest then you did.

This is just a damnable lie.

Trump and his campaign staff are the ones who personally attacked, denigrated and lied about his opponents. The fact that so many people found this vulgar, boorish, low character behavior refreshing and supported it speaks to how far we've fallen as a people.

I sure didn't hear any of the folks who are Trump supporters today running down Sen Cruz when he was one of the few conservatives who refused to "fall in line" with the DC Cartel. It only began when a life long liberal decided he was a conservative. I don't turn my back on my friends and allies. Obviously, Trump supporters don't look at things the same way. It's one of the reasons I don't mind not supporting them.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 10:07:46 pm »
Sorry ma'am, but I am certainly not a "trumper." 

Partly I don't like him because he, like Obama, is over-ambitious: reaching for the presidency before he even finishes his first term in the Senate.  That's reason enough to distrust him.

In any case, judging by conversations with a lot of other "non-trumpers," I'm far from alone in finding him somehow repellent.  I don't know if it's because his answers are often slippery and calculating, or what ... but there's something about the guy I just don't like.
If you did some research on Cruz and what he's done since high school, it might give you a better perspective as to why he is so ambitious, why he reached for the President position so soon, since becoming Senator and where his heart and ambitions truly lie.

The man is all about the Constitution.  He joined a group in HS, memorizing, studying, discussing and debating the Constitution.  From there, he has spent his entire career, discussing, arguing and defending the Constitution and the rights we are all endowed.  Arguing up to the Supreme Court on 9 cases and winning.  Writing 80 briefs for the Supreme Court. 

For someone who knows what it means to come here and become an American, because of what his family went through (Cuba), he understands what it means to BE an American, to gain FREEDOM, LIBERTY and not be ruled by dictators or authoritarians.  If you listen to him speak, (although I understand his speaking pattern is weird and hard to get used to, by some), when he talks, you can clearly tell the Constitution and American ideals are in his heart.

As an example, most people can look at GW Bush and KNOW he loves the military.  Same thing is true with Cruz, and the Constitution.  He believes in what he's saying.  He has solid convictions, solid principles, solid integrity.  And if this election season has proven anything, it's that Ted can take the hits and still keep his cool, still keep his integrity in tact and still hold his head up, knowing he didn't compromise his principles.  It's how he lives his life.

Trump....not so much.

Offline bilo

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 10:08:22 pm »
No.  The reason Cruz did so badly, is because Trump did everything he could and then some, to falsely slander, smear and attack Cruz' character. 

The reason Cruz did so badly, is because he isn't a reality TV star who is big on saying asinine obnoxious things and pandering for the most attention.

The reason Cruz did so badly, is because he didn't get 24/7 media coverage and hype, the ENTIRE TIME he was campaigning.

The reason Cruz did so badly, is because our society has become an immoral, valueless, unprincipled society, who cares more about "getting even", "getting revenge" and "making someone pay", than they are about actually fixing things.

The reason Cruz did so badly, is because he expressed a sane, rational, logical and common sense approach to SHRINKING government, reigning in the out of control elites, and putting the people back in charge.  But because our society is so dumbed down, they can't grasp logic or reason any more.

When you have a candidate, that is given 24/7 media coverage, that feeds into EMOTIONS and curiosity of the under educated and low informed populace, luring them in on reality tv type antics and obnoxious behaviors, who isn't fact checked, isn't vetted, isn't questioned, and is allowed to say whatever he wants and given a free pass with everything, it is very difficult to over come that.  The stupid believe everything he says...every lie he tells, every smear he tosses out there.

I'd wager, if Trump were not in the picture, at all, Cruz would be the nominee, hands down.  Trump is the symptom of a larger problem......our government isn't just broken, our society is.

Great post!
 :amen:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 10:55:38 pm »
That is just not true.  Only the trumpers can find anything unlikable about Ted Cruz.

Are you kidding. He's hated by anyone not on the extreme right, and that includes virtually every colleague of his in the US Senate. Cruz is a smart, conservative guy with little charisma and a personality that generates disgust and disdain with the majority of people he's worked closely with.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 11:00:10 pm »

The Reason Cruz did so bad was he was exposed as a liar and nasty person willing to to do any dirty trick to win.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 11:03:02 pm »
The Reason Cruz did so bad was he was exposed as a liar and nasty person willing to to do any dirty trick to win.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2016, 11:22:02 pm »
If you did some research on Cruz and what he's done since high school, it might give you a better perspective as to why he is so ambitious, why he reached for the President position so soon, since becoming Senator and where his heart and ambitions truly lie.

And yet I find him repellent.  Sorry, I just do.  Can't bring myself to trust him.