Author Topic: Whole Foods Shouldn't Drop Lawsuit Against Fake Gay Cake Scammer  (Read 259 times)

rangerrebew

Whole Foods Shouldn't Drop Lawsuit Against Fake Gay Cake Scammer
May 16, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/262875/whole-foods-shouldnt-drop-lawsuit-against-fake-gay-daniel-greenfield

LOVE WINS FAG. That’s not the cake I ordered, @WholeFoods and I am offended for myself & the entire #LGBT community pic.twitter.com/cuxuv6mL3G
    — Jordan D Brown (@PasJordanBrown) April 18, 2016

Jordan Brown decided to get some attention by faking an anti-gay slur on a cake that he ordered at Whole Foods. His lawsuit claimed that after receiving the hate crime cake, "Jordan spent the remainder of the day in tears. He was and is extremely upset."

His lawsuit contends that, "At the time of filing this Petition, it is impossible to calculate the emotional distress that these events have caused." And informs us that, "Plaintiff suffered severe emotional distress, including painful emotion and mental reactions like embarrassment, fright, horror, grief, shame, humiliation, and worry, of the kind that no reasonable person could expect to endure without undergoing unreasonable suffering."

The lawsuit also states that, "The potential for racial, sexual, religious, and anti-LGBT slurs to be written on personalized cakes is high, and Whole Foods knew or should have known that slurs or harassing messages could be written on cakes and then presented to a customer without any oversight or prior warning."

To his misfortune, the woman who was handling the icing was gay and Whole Foods had been taping. Whole Foods sent a lawsuit his way and Brown has posted an apology.
What's This?

"Today I am dismissing my lawsuit against Whole Foods Market. The company did nothing wrong. I was wrong to pursue this matter and use the media to perpetuate this story. I want to apologize to Whole Foods and its team members for questioning the company's commitment to its values, and especially the bakery associate who I understand was put in a terrible position because of my actions. I apologize to the LGBT community for diverting attention from real issues. I also want to apologize to my partner, my family, my church family, and my attorney."

At no point in time does Brown admit to having actually faked the whole thing. Instead he offers an apology that works around it without specifying what he actually did.

Whole Foods chose to drop its lawsuit in response. That's a mistake because there have been far too many of these faked hate crimes against businesses and the next one will learn from Brown's example to be cleverer about it.

These social justice scammers need to be taught a lesson or they're going to keep preying on businesses.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:41:49 pm by rangerrebew »