State Chapters > Texas

What's the plan, fellow Texans?

<< < (14/14)

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: txradioguy on June 12, 2016, 03:29:19 pm ---Different kind of cost.  But still just as expensive.

--- End quote ---

I suspect RII (rampant illegal immigration) is MUCH more costly.  And, in many more ways.

austingirl:

--- Quote from: Sanguine on June 12, 2016, 06:19:24 pm ---I suspect RII (rampant illegal immigration) is MUCH more costly.  And, in many more ways.

--- End quote ---
One high cost has to do with importing measles and antibiotic-resistant tuberculosis as well as skin diseases and who knows what else, and then sending the illegal kids to schools in our towns.

IsailedawayfromFR:

--- Quote from: Just_Victor on May 17, 2016, 01:24:31 pm ---The problem is going to be the effect on the real estate economy.  The driving force behind getting undeveloped land on the market is the property tax.  When land owners get sick of paying the taxes on unused land they unload it.  With no tax, most people probably wouldn't sell land because one can afford to just keep it and do nothing with it.  So the supply of land for sale dries up, and prices go through the roof.  Maybe if the state distinguished between residential and commercial/agricultural/industrial/undeveloped land for tax purposes.

I don't know.  The entire concept of property taxes means that the government owns all property and you are just renting it from them.  And I just really loath that.

--- End quote ---

Since property taxes only encompasses Real Estate and improvements to them,  that is not actually true. 

mineral property interests that remain undeveloped are untaxed. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version