State Chapters > Texas

What's the plan, fellow Texans?

(1/14) > >>

Sanguine:
I am of the opinion that working on reforming the federal government is useless.  The fed is just too big and too entrenched.  We don't have many choices.  The states have to reassert their rights and reestablish the correct relationship with the federal government.

However, in Texas we have a possible opportunity in that, for now we Texans are still Texans, and we have a state government (Abbott, Patrick, etc.) that is seems amenable to the idea of states rights.

I think we need to establish a fairly short list of goals and work towards them.  To that end, I've created the above poll and would really appreciate your votes and input.

TheMom:
Texas should definitely focus on education.  Get away from those stupid standardized testing and go back to old school teaching.

Bigun:
Tax Reform!

Texans are being taxed out of their homes and property and fixing that is job one IMHO!

Just_Victor:
I wish we could find a way to eliminate property taxes.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: Just_Victor on May 17, 2016, 12:51:39 pm ---I wish we could find a way to eliminate property taxes.

--- End quote ---

We can! All we need to do is expand the base of the sales tax to include services and we can lower the overall sales tax rate and eliminate property taxes entirely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version