Author Topic: Donald Trump could be your next Commander-in-Chief. Here’s how he wants to keep America “safe.”  (Read 434 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Donald Trump could be your next Commander-in-Chief. Here’s how he wants to keep America “safe.”

As a businessman-turned-reality show personality, Donald Trump is a foreign policy novice—but he’s a foreign policy novice who could be our next Commander-in-Chief.

So as he solidifies his standing as his party’s frontrunner for president, including sweeping all five Republican primaries last night, it’s time to start considering what it would mean if Trump—a candidate who admits he gets his military advice from “the shows” and learns about foreign policy from “various newspapers”—became Commander-in-Chief.

Here are seven of his “best” (read: worst) ideas for how to keep our country safe.

“By the way, torture works,” Trump told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in response to the terrorist attacks in Brussels. And he wouldn’t just bring back waterboarding, one of the worst legacies of the Bush administration. He says he would “absolutely” go further.

Trump has called for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States. And when asked if his ban would include Muslim Americans—United States citizens—who are currently out of the country, Trump’s spokesperson responded, “Everyone.”

Not only that, but Trump has also toyed with creating a database to track Muslims in the United States and shrugged off comparisons to Nazi registries of Jews or World War II–era internment camps in the United States—one of the darkest parts of our country’s history. “What I’m doing is no different than what FDR [did],” he said. “FDR’s solution for Germans, Italians, Japanese, you know, many years ago.”

After 15 years of conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq, most U.S. foreign policy experts agree that it would be a serious mistake for us to stumble into another costly ground war in the Middle East—local forces should be responsible for securing their communities instead, with the U.S. supporting them. But Trump has said he would send in 10,000 U.S. ground troops to fight ISIS. “I’d knock out the capital and I’d knock it out big and strong,” he said.

Here’s the other part of Trump’s “plan” to defeat ISIS: “You have to take out their families. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families.”

This is a violation of international law—but Trump says he’d do it anyway. Asked what he would do if the military refused to obey his illegal orders, Trump responded, “They’re not going to refuse me. Believe me.”

It's been U.S. policy for decades to prevent more countries from obtaining nuclear weapons and reduce the number of nuclear weapons worldwide. But Trump believes that “at some point,” we would be “better off” if Japan, South Korea and Saudi Arabia get one. And if the thought of nuclear proliferation under Trump’s watch isn’t frightening enough, consider this: He says “we need unpredictability” when it comes to nuclear weapons—one of the most reckless statements made by a major presidential candidate in memory.

Trump has publicly praised some of the most brutal dictators and regimes around the world, citing their use of force as a leadership quality he admires.

On the Chinese government’s actions in Tiananmen Square, which he recently dismissed as a “riot”: “When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength.”

On North Korea’s Kim Jong Un: “You’ve gotta give him credit. … He goes in. He takes over. He’s the boss. It’s incredible.”

On Russia’s Vladimir Putin: “I think in terms of leadership, he’s getting an A … .”

On former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein: “There were no terrorists. He would kill them immediately. He didn’t do it politically correct.”

Trump has said that the U.S. spends “a fortune” defending NATO countries like Germany. And he added, “If we have to walk, we have to walk.”

Actually, NATO is one of the best investments America has ever made—and it remains vital to our national security. Previous Commanders-in-Chief on both sides of the aisle have understood that America’s alliances make us stronger and more effective—and they provide a significant advantage that our adversaries cannot match. Turning our back on our allies would do irreparable damage.

It’s clear: We can’t let Trump anywhere near the Situation Room. Because no matter who’s sitting next to him, as Trump reminds us, “ultimately it’s my thought more than anybody else’s”—and that should terrify you.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/donald-trump-could-be-your-next-commander-chief-heres-how-he-wants-keep-america-safe/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=20160516feed-trumpfopo

#neverTrump approved....

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline libertybele

As Mike Lee stated, "Trump scares me to death"!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I got it.  000hehehehe

Cute.  You never have anything intelligent to say.  I can see why you support Trump.  He doesn't either.  I guess that there is no defense for the indefensible.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

Cute.  You never have anything intelligent to say.  I can see why you support Trump.  He doesn't either.  I guess that there is no defense for the indefensible.

Sometimes not saying anything is wise. You should consider it sometime. Specifically in this case. :silly:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
As Mike Lee stated, "Trump scares me to death"!

You must be appalled that we interned Japanese, Germans and Italians during WWII; not coincidentally the last major conflict that we decisively won. We were politically incorrect and called them"Japs" and "Gerries," by the way.

I suspect we did a bit of torture, but were smart enough to keep quiet, also unlike the present.

Reagan scared the Iranians enough, that after holding Americans as hostage, they released them on the day he was inaugurated.

Reagan believed in "peace through strength" and so does Trump.

That after I explain it to you, you and Mike Lee still do not understand, scares me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:53:23 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RedHead

Donald Trump could be your next Commander-in-Chief. Here’s how he wants to keep America “safe.”

As a businessman-turned-reality show personality, Donald Trump is a foreign policy novice—but he’s a foreign policy novice who could be our next Commander-in-Chief.

So as he solidifies his standing as his party’s frontrunner for president, including sweeping all five Republican primaries last night, it’s time to start considering what it would mean if Trump—a candidate who admits he gets his military advice from “the shows” and learns about foreign policy from “various newspapers”—became Commander-in-Chief.

Here are seven of his “best” (read: worst) ideas for how to keep our country safe.

“By the way, torture works,” Trump told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in response to the terrorist attacks in Brussels. And he wouldn’t just bring back waterboarding, one of the worst legacies of the Bush administration. He says he would “absolutely” go further.

Trump has called for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States. And when asked if his ban would include Muslim Americans—United States citizens—who are currently out of the country, Trump’s spokesperson responded, “Everyone.”

Not only that, but Trump has also toyed with creating a database to track Muslims in the United States and shrugged off comparisons to Nazi registries of Jews or World War II–era internment camps in the United States—one of the darkest parts of our country’s history. “What I’m doing is no different than what FDR [did],” he said. “FDR’s solution for Germans, Italians, Japanese, you know, many years ago.”

After 15 years of conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq, most U.S. foreign policy experts agree that it would be a serious mistake for us to stumble into another costly ground war in the Middle East—local forces should be responsible for securing their communities instead, with the U.S. supporting them. But Trump has said he would send in 10,000 U.S. ground troops to fight ISIS. “I’d knock out the capital and I’d knock it out big and strong,” he said.

Here’s the other part of Trump’s “plan” to defeat ISIS: “You have to take out their families. When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families.”

This is a violation of international law—but Trump says he’d do it anyway. Asked what he would do if the military refused to obey his illegal orders, Trump responded, “They’re not going to refuse me. Believe me.”

It's been U.S. policy for decades to prevent more countries from obtaining nuclear weapons and reduce the number of nuclear weapons worldwide. But Trump believes that “at some point,” we would be “better off” if Japan, South Korea and Saudi Arabia get one. And if the thought of nuclear proliferation under Trump’s watch isn’t frightening enough, consider this: He says “we need unpredictability” when it comes to nuclear weapons—one of the most reckless statements made by a major presidential candidate in memory.

Trump has publicly praised some of the most brutal dictators and regimes around the world, citing their use of force as a leadership quality he admires.

On the Chinese government’s actions in Tiananmen Square, which he recently dismissed as a “riot”: “When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength.”

On North Korea’s Kim Jong Un: “You’ve gotta give him credit. … He goes in. He takes over. He’s the boss. It’s incredible.”

On Russia’s Vladimir Putin: “I think in terms of leadership, he’s getting an A … .”

On former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein: “There were no terrorists. He would kill them immediately. He didn’t do it politically correct.”

Trump has said that the U.S. spends “a fortune” defending NATO countries like Germany. And he added, “If we have to walk, we have to walk.”

Actually, NATO is one of the best investments America has ever made—and it remains vital to our national security. Previous Commanders-in-Chief on both sides of the aisle have understood that America’s alliances make us stronger and more effective—and they provide a significant advantage that our adversaries cannot match. Turning our back on our allies would do irreparable damage.

It’s clear: We can’t let Trump anywhere near the Situation Room. Because no matter who’s sitting next to him, as Trump reminds us, “ultimately it’s my thought more than anybody else’s”—and that should terrify you.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/donald-trump-could-be-your-next-commander-chief-heres-how-he-wants-keep-america-safe/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=20160516feed-trumpfopo

#neverTrump approved....

So are you posting this because those are all point of pride for you as a Trump fanatic?  Or is this your way of admitting that Trump has no workable plans suggestions for foreign affairs, immigration, cutting government, reining in entitlements, replacing Obamacare, balancing the budget, etc., etc., etc.?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:49:08 pm by RedHead »