Author Topic: Kasich: 'I Am Undecided' on Endorsing Trump  (Read 874 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich: 'I Am Undecided' on Endorsing Trump
« on: May 17, 2016, 01:00:37 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=729099

Newsmax
Kasich: 'I Am Undecided' on Endorsing Trump
Monday, May 16, 2016 08:48 PM

By: Greg Richter

Ohio Gov. John Kasich told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Monday he hasn't yet made up his mind on endorsing his former rival for the GOP presidential nomination Donald Trump.

"I am undecided," Kasich said in an interview aired on "Anderson Cooper 360."

"At the end of the day, endorsing will mean a lot," Kasich said, "and frankly my wife and my daughters have watched this, and if I were to turn around today and endorse him, they would be like, 'Why, Dad?' And that matters to me."

Kasich said he is watching to see what Trump, the presumptive party nominee, does.

"He has a chance to move to the positive side and unify this country," Kasich said. "I made it clear that I need to see a positive approach. And if there's not one forthcoming, it will be a real problem."

Republicans are divided over Trump's candidacy, with some prominent members of the party declining the endorse Trump over either his social or foreign policies. Some, including writers P.J. O'Rourke and Max Boot have said they will vote for Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Others, reportedly led by 2012 nominee Mitt Romney, are seeking a third-party conservative candidate.

Still others warn that a third-party move would hand the election – and several Supreme Court appointments – to Clinton.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Kasich: 'I Am Undecided' on Endorsing Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:14:02 am »
Actually, it is very difficult to sit and listen to Kasich make the statement regarding Trump; "He has a chance to move to the positive side and unify this country... Really??  Kasich himself had a chance to do something positive for the party and to unify this country; he could have dropped out after winning OH (the only state he won in) and made a pathway for Cruz the ONLY candidate who had any possibility of stopping Trump.  Kasich either stayed in because of pride, stupidity or Trump bought him.  I'm not buying this song and dance he's playing right now.  He's waiting for Trump to make him an offer of the VP slot before he'll endorse him.  Who is he trying to kid? Shame on you John Kasich, shame on you!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 01:28:56 am »
Kasich stayed in the race because a lot of us thought he would be an outstanding candidate for President.   The polls showed it, week after week -  he beat Clinton while Cruz and Trump lost.   My apologies for wanting to defeat Clinton,  with the only Reagan conservative in the race. 

Cruz ultimately didn't win because he was too polarizing.  And I say that as an admirer of his; he's a good man.  Don't blame his loss on Kasich.  Kasich was for many of us the real revolutionary.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 02:17:43 am »
Kasich stayed in the race because a lot of us thought he would be an outstanding candidate for President.   The polls showed it, week after week -  he beat Clinton while Cruz and Trump lost.   My apologies for wanting to defeat Clinton,  with the only Reagan conservative in the race. 

Cruz ultimately didn't win because he was too polarizing.  And I say that as an admirer of his; he's a good man.  Don't blame his loss on Kasich.  Kasich was for many of us the real revolutionary.

No apologies necessary in wanting to defeat Clinton; I do as well.  As for Cruz being too polarizing, there are a whole lot of people right now who are kicking themselves....hmm... let's see...a Constitutional Conservative vs. a liberal narcissist who doesn't have a clue.  I'll take my polarizing conservative.

I do blame Kasich to a degree. Kasich is a little too liberal for me, but he obviously had experience and I wouldn't have hesitated voting for him over Hillary. I saw some good qualities in him, but I've lost respect.  I truly feel he let the country down as he could have done what was right and let Cruz stop Trump.  There was a point where Trump could have been stopped - Kasich staying in hindered that opportunity -- we'll never know for certain.  Secondly, he reneged on the deal with Cruz  within hours after it was reported.  Why?  Secondly, current requirements to even be considered at the convention state that a candidate win at least 8 states.  Kasich did not qualify, yet he stayed in the race. Why? IMHO either he is in Trump's pocket or he hates conservatism that much. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:18:43 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 01:11:53 pm »
Cruz was the TEA party conservative, Kasich was the Reagan conservative.  Kasich was a leader in the Reagan revolution when Cruz was in short pants.

Unfortunately,  we are both in the same boat of having no conservative at all in the race this fall - just two amoral, corrupt establishment cronies.   I'll just have to pick the least awful choice.   
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:46:31 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 01:18:23 pm »
No apologies necessary in wanting to defeat Clinton; I do as well.  As for Cruz being too polarizing, there are a whole lot of people right now who are kicking themselves....hmm... let's see...a Constitutional Conservative vs. a liberal narcissist who doesn't have a clue.  I'll take my polarizing conservative.

I do blame Kasich to a degree. Kasich is a little too liberal for me, but he obviously had experience and I wouldn't have hesitated voting for him over Hillary. I saw some good qualities in him, but I've lost respect.  I truly feel he let the country down as he could have done what was right and let Cruz stop Trump.  There was a point where Trump could have been stopped - Kasich staying in hindered that opportunity -- we'll never know for certain.  Secondly, he reneged on the deal with Cruz  within hours after it was reported.  Why?  Secondly, current requirements to even be considered at the convention state that a candidate win at least 8 states.  Kasich did not qualify, yet he stayed in the race. Why? IMHO either he is in Trump's pocket or he hates conservatism that much.

I find it truly remarkable you actually believe that whole "Constitutional Conservative" bullshit.  What a grifter.  What a flim-flam artist.  Ted Cruz is nothing more than a caricature of what the Left believes what a born-again Conservative should be.  He's a ham.  I'm surprised he's not walking around Yorick's skull in his hand.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.