Author Topic: Carson: Sarah Palin on Trump VP List  (Read 2990 times)

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Re: Carson: Sarah Palin on Trump VP List
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 08:40:49 pm »
Carson: Sarah Palin on Trump VP List

Yeah that has worked out so well in the past. GOP-e is also about doing dumb #$%^ and tRump is all GOP-e :chairbang:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 08:46:16 pm »
Palin lost her cred with me as well. I think Kasich would take the VP slot in a heartbeat. I sincerely hope Cruz would never consider it after the lies, smears, and name-calling thrown at him by the Trump camp.

Amen.  Anyone who accepts that position is going to have their hands full with trying to give Trump on the job training of his constitutional limitations, and I don't think Trump is used to taking advice.  It would be terribly frustrating for a strict constitutionalist like Cruz.  Plus, any failures of a Trump administration would also taint whoever is his VP.

Someone at TOS actually said that they didn't want Cruz chosen because then it would look like Trump had been lying about Ted.   :thud:

I see Trump choosing a strong-arm guy like Christie, but that doesn't balance out the ticket with two candidates from NY / NJ.  So maybe Kasich will be the one.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 08:47:01 pm »
I've been saying that for a while. It is almost like he keeps trying to sandbag himself. I still think running initially was just a publicity stunt like in 2000 and 2012, but this time it got out of hand- underestimating the people's 'hope for change' and desperation for something different. That publicity stunt turned into a yuge ego boost.

I think this may well be true. Trump appeared to be stunned when Cruz dropped out and then Kasich. He was visibly struggling with the reality of the situation. I don't think he ever intended it to go this far and now he is stuck. And he is woefully unqualified.
Principles matter. Words matter.

A-Lert

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2016, 08:50:39 pm »
16 Years between Reagan's last film appearance and becoming POTUS.  Maybe after 16 years away from the camera, maybe we can take these two clowns (Trump and Palin) serious too.

http://millercenter.org/president/biography/reagan-life-before-the-presidency

Reagan was grateful to FDR for providing work for his father and brother in New Deal relief programs. He voted for FDR each of the four times he was elected President and continued to speak well of him even after he became a conservative Republican.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 08:52:48 pm »
But Trump/Palin would just be so perfect....

Two who are mentally "off", perfect pair.

A-Lert

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2016, 08:56:33 pm »
Two who are mentally "off", perfect pair.

8bs8

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2016, 08:57:52 pm »
Someone at TOS actually said that they didn't want Cruz chosen because then it would look like Trump had been lying about Ted.

Deceptive Donald, the smear-merchant, would regret labeling Cruz as a liar if he had any principles or morals. But he doesn't.
Principles matter. Words matter.

A-Lert

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2016, 09:04:01 pm »
Someone at TOS actually said that they didn't want Cruz chosen because then it would look like Trump had been lying about Ted.

Deceptive Donald, the smear-merchant, would regret labeling Cruz as a liar if he had any principles or morals. But he doesn't.

Why do you care what someone at TOS posts?

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2016, 10:15:15 pm »
My opinion - Palin had a potentially very high upside. The many choices she made showed me she had different goals and priorities than her ardent supporters projected upon her.

I first began to get into some trouble at TOS for daring to point out what I saw as her shortcomings.

She had just enough talent to get recognized. Instead of using that recognition to advance politically she jockeyed it into making herself a celebrity. I'm not impressed with her, or her redneck family.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2016, 10:17:08 pm »

That was then, when he needed to win a primary. This is now. Two completely different worlds.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2016, 02:59:36 pm »
Trump doesn't need her on the ticket, he has already got the bubba/bubbet vote.

Heck, that's his base!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2016, 03:35:35 pm »
Can anyone believe that Palin brings a single additional vote Trump's way?

Seems that Ben has learned to enjoy seeing his name in print.

Nope.  In fact, I think she would lose him potential voters.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:36:08 pm by Eowyn »