Author Topic: Carson: Sarah Palin on Trump VP List  (Read 3007 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carson: Sarah Palin on Trump VP List
« on: May 15, 2016, 02:40:16 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=728898

Newsmax
Carson: Sarah Palin on Trump VP List
Sunday, May 15, 2016 10:34 AM

Former presidential candidate and neurosurgeon Ben Carson says former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin is being considered as Donald Trump’s running mate.

The short list, Carson told The Washington Post, also includes Ohio Gov. John Kasich, Sen. Marco Rubio, Sen. Ted Cruz and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

Palin has said she likely wouldn't consider being Trump’s running mate, and there are few signs that either Rubio or Cruz have made up with Trump. Newsmax and Bloomberg have reported that former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is also on the list.

"Well, I want to help and not hurt, and I am such a realist that I realize there are a whole lot of people out there who would say 'anybody but Palin,' " the former Alaska governor said on CNN's "State of the Union" last week.

"I don't want to be a burden on the ticket, and I realize in many eyes, I would be a burden," she said. "I just want the guy to win, and I don't know if I would be the person to help him win."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

Re: Carson: Sarah Palin on Trump VP List
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 02:42:22 pm »
May the farce be with you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 03:07:26 pm »
The buffoon circus continues, LOL.

I wonder if this is just a line being fed to her supporters.  Personally I don't think Trump would want her.  I remember the expression on his face the day she endorsed him with that godawful screeching rant.  You could see his mind working to try to figure out how to unload her already.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 03:09:50 pm »

I wonder if this is just a line being fed to her supporters.  Personally I don't think Trump would want her.  I remember the expression on his face the day she endorsed him with that godawful screeching rant.  You could see his mind working to try to figure out how to unload her already.

I hope that is the case..or maybe Carson is just rambling again....I hope.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 03:11:12 pm »

It could very well just be more "truthful hyperbole" being fed to her supporters to keep them in line. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 03:37:32 pm »
I hope that is the case..or maybe Carson is just rambling again....I hope.

Lord knows that's always a possibility.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 04:00:25 pm »
Can anyone believe that Palin brings a single additional vote Trump's way?

Seems that Ben has learned to enjoy seeing his name in print.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 04:03:50 pm »

Seems that Ben has learned to enjoy seeing his name in print.

I was one of Palin's biggest supporters on TOS and do not regret any of it. In 08/12 she was right. That said, she lost all support and any good will I had for her when she abandoned conservatism for Trumpism.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 04:11:00 pm »
I was one of Palin's biggest supporters on TOS and do not regret any of it. In 08/12 she was right. That said, she lost all support and any good will I had for her when she abandoned conservatism for Trumpism.

My opinion - Palin had a potentially very high upside. The many choices she made showed me she had different goals and priorities than her ardent supporters projected upon her.

I first began to get into some trouble at TOS for daring to point out what I saw as her shortcomings.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 04:11:48 pm »

Trump doesn't need her on the ticket, he has already got the bubba/bubbet vote.
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 04:21:41 pm »
My opinion - Palin had a potentially very high upside. The many choices she made showed me she had different goals and priorities than her ardent supporters projected upon her.

I first began to get into some trouble at TOS for daring to point out what I saw as her shortcomings.

She did have shortcomings. From my perspective, they were minor compared to the upside. But they were there. Where I began my break with her was her one statement support of Romney. I still supported her after. But it made me understand she would play the game like the others. From there, history is what it is. She largel stepped out of politics (and I can't really blame her) but then Trump. And she sealed the deal on 'playing the game.'

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 04:24:38 pm »
Pass the popcorn, it is about to get cray cray.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 04:29:40 pm »

I see Carson as the one who tosses out names to see what kind of blow-back or support they might get.  Sarah would be an awful choice on multiple levels, unless as some have opined, Trump is trying to lose.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 04:37:24 pm »
Seriously: are they trying to lose all 50 states?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 04:43:46 pm »
I see Carson as the one who tosses out names to see what kind of blow-back or support they might get.  Sarah would be an awful choice on multiple levels, unless as some have opined, Trump is trying to lose.

I am not yet disabused of that notion.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 05:19:56 pm »
I am not yet disabused of that notion.

I've been saying that for a while. It is almost like he keeps trying to sandbag himself. I still think running initially was just a publicity stunt like in 2000 and 2012, but this time it got out of hand- underestimating the people's 'hope for change' and desperation for something different. That publicity stunt turned into a yuge ego boost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 07:39:21 pm »

Palin lost her cred with me as well. I think Kasich would take the VP slot in a heartbeat. I sincerely hope Cruz would never consider it after the lies, smears, and name-calling thrown at him by the Trump camp.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 07:49:09 pm »

You mean the same Sarah Palin that stabbed JD Hayworth in the back in 2010, and gave John McCain his last re-election?  Palin and Trump deserve each other.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:51:05 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

A-Lert

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 07:52:38 pm »
You mean the same Sarah Palin that stabbed JD Hayworth in the back in 2010, and gave John McCain his last re-election?  Palin and Trump deserve each other.

:baby:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 07:53:58 pm »
Palin lost her cred with me as well. I think Kasich would take the VP slot in a heartbeat. I sincerely hope Cruz would never consider it after the lies, smears, and name-calling thrown at him by the Trump camp.

I dislike Paul Ryan as much as the next conservative, but to see Trump unleash his Palin attack dog on him, I almost made me felt sorry for him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 07:56:18 pm »
I've been saying that for a while. It is almost like he keeps trying to sandbag himself. I still think running initially was just a publicity stunt like in 2000 and 2012, but this time it got out of hand- underestimating the people's 'hope for change' and desperation for something different. That publicity stunt turned into a yuge ego boost.

I'd vote for publicity stunt too.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 07:58:13 pm »

Same here.  I was one of her fiercest defenders at TOS and elsewhere, but she lost me when she embraced Trump and then called Cruz and Steve King liars--the ultimate betrayal!  Now I could care less about her, and would like nothing more to see her slink away back into the Wasilla wilderness and obscurity forever.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 08:01:28 pm »
I'd vote for publicity stunt too.

Sadly, Reality TV stars (Trump and Palin) are hastening the demise of this country. 

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 08:18:06 pm »
Sadly, Reality TV stars (Trump and Palin) are hastening the demise of this country.

:silly:   :odrama:  Bedtime for Bonzo  starring Ronald Reagan, Diana Lynn, and Peggy as Bonzo.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2016, 08:36:01 pm »
:silly:   :odrama:  Bedtime for Bonzo  starring Ronald Reagan, Diana Lynn, and Peggy as Bonzo.

16 Years between Reagan's last film appearance and becoming POTUS.  Maybe after 16 years away from the camera, maybe we can take these two clowns (Trump and Palin) serious too.