Author Topic: Minimum Wage Blowback: Wendy's To Put Kiosks In all 6,000 Restaurants.  (Read 748 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When government uses force, people (and companies) adapt. No one likes to be a punching bag. When the health-bullies tax or fix a high price on cigarettes or marijuana, people do their business on the black market. They still get the cigarettes. They still get the marijuana.

If government says a company must pay someone $15/hr no matter what, companies adjust. First, they will let go the employees that are not productive enough or skilled enough to earn the $15/hr.

Companies will also consolidate tasks. For example, if someone was being paid $8/hr to sweep the floor, that person will be fired and (A) either the floor won't be swept at all, or (B) someone else will just add that job to their list of responsibilities.

Companies will not pay $15/hr for an $8/hr task just because the government tells them to. Government can go pound sand..

Read more: http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2016/05/minimum-wage-blowback-wendys..-to-put.html
The Republic is lost.

Bill Cipher

Finally I'll be able to place orders that aren't effed up.

Offline sinkspur

Finally I'll be able to place orders that aren't effed up.

I can get $200 out of an ATM, but can't order a $5 hamburger from a machine?

Or order off a menu via a table-based kiosk?  And I don't have to tip the kiosk?

These circle-jerk $15/ minimum wagers are going to discover they've created a nightmare for themselves 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.