Author Topic: Mom wants answers one year after Waco biker melee: 'Who killed my son?'  (Read 1088 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Mom wants answers one year after Waco biker melee: 'Who killed my son?'

By Dane Schiller
May 13, 2016

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Mom-wants-answers-one-year-after-Waco-biker-7467774.php

Club members dubbed the May 17, 2015 gun battle the Waco Biker Massacre, and it cast a national spotlight on the insular world of motorcycle clubs.

It is also one of the largest criminal conspiracy cases ever prosecuted in Texas, and appears to have overwhelmed the local criminal justice system in McClennan County.

No trial dates have been set for the 157 people later indicted, despite pleas from defense lawyers for their day in court.

Authorities still have not spelled out who among the bikers is believed to have shot, stabbed or punched another, and who may have been killed or wounded by police.

The names of the officers involved in the shooting remain secret, and officials won't say if their actions were ever reviewed by internal affairs or a grand jury.

Even where and how a trial would be held is unclear. McLennan County's historic domed courthouse, built in 1901, seems far too small to handle so many defendants and lawyers, let alone spectators and media.

"It is remarkable," said Sandra Guerra Thompson, director of the Criminal Justice Institute at the University of Houston Law School. "The number of people killed, the number arrested, the number of officers - it is very much like the Wild West. ... I don't think anyone has seen a case where there have been so many defendants."

Authorities point to a judge's gag order that prohibits them from commenting publicly.

"Our investigation on the Twin Peaks case is ongoing," Waco Police Sgt. Patrick Swanton said. "We are under a gag order and by such are not allowed to comment on matters related to the case."

excerpted

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is a very strange story.  I've followed it closely since it happened, and I still don't understand what happened or why.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
This is a very strange story.  I've followed it closely since it happened, and I still don't understand what happened or why.

It absolutely stinks to high heaven on multiple levels.

Online roamer_1

w00t! IB4TG MUHUHUHAHAHA!

It's SO nice.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
w00t! IB4TG MUHUHUHAHAHA!

It's SO nice.

Huh?

Online roamer_1

Huh?

Sorry - inside joke... TexasGator would troll any Waco thread on FR. Very anti-Gypsy leather type.

And *not* here  :tongue2:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sorry - inside joke... TexasGator would troll any Waco thread on FR. Very anti-Gypsy leather type.

And *not* here  :tongue2:

OK, fine.  I'll just sit here and feel left out.  8888crybaby

Online roamer_1

Naw. You're just fine... TG's out! Wheee!

but really, @don-o is right. This thing stinks like roadkill. And it hardly gets any press.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Not knowing of Texas Gator is no loss. We had a lot of Waco threads at TOS (keyword search will bring then up.)

One year anniversary coming and no one charged with murder, manslaughter, assault, attempted murer, illegal weapons....nada except for a bullshit conspiracy charge.

No trial dates set. No decisions on multiple pleadings to lift gag orders.

And evidently, no plea deals for the D A to make.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3358662/posts

106 People Indicted in Waco Biker Brawl That Killed Nine (Waco)

Here's a thread about the amazing McLennan County Grand Jury that was able to hear evidence on 106 individuals. Allowing ten hours of actual work (probably high) that results in 5.7 minutes per case.

Also note the six month lag between the alleged crimes and the presentment to the GJ. The prosecution was supposed to be collecting mountains of evidence. And they presented it against each of the accussed in 5.7 minutes????

Yeah, right.