Author Topic: David Petraeus: Be Nice To Muslims, Or They Might Blow Us Up  (Read 652 times)

rangerrebew

David Petraeus: Be Nice To Muslims, Or They Might Blow Us Up
Photo of Jonah Bennett
Jonah Bennett
National Security/Foreign Policy Reporter
4:29 PM 05/13/2016

Former CIA director David Petraeus leaves the Federal Courthouse in Charlotte, North Carolina, April 23, 2015. Petraeus was sentenced to two years of probation and ordered to pay a $100,000 fine after pleading guilty to mishandling classified information. REUTERS/Chris Keane.   

In an op-ed for The Washington Post published Friday, former CIA Director David Petraeus said increasing anti-Muslim rhetoric in the United States threatens to drive more “moderate” Muslims to terrorism.

For Petraeus, the rapid increase of ugly rhetoric against Muslims and Islam threatens to engulf even “moderate” Muslims. This is exactly what terror groups like al-Qaida and the Islamic State want, as it supports their vision of the world as one divided between the forces of Islam and the forces of the decadent, satanic west. These groups then seize on a sort of “clash of civilizations” rhetoric to drive recruitment and push moderate Muslims into their ranks.

Muslims in the West are apparently so at risk of joining up with al-Qaida, that Petraeus thinks we need to police our own speech, as not to offend them and face the potential consequence of a growing, violent fifth column taking shape in the West.

“Rather than making our country safer, they will compound the already grave terrorist danger to our citizens,” Petraeus wrote. “As ideas, they are toxic and, indeed, non-biodegradable — a kind of poison that, once released into our body politic, is not easily expunged.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/13/petraeus-be-nice-to-muslims-or-they-might-blow-us-up/#ixzz48cd5p4e8

rangerrebew

Re: David Petraeus: Be Nice To Muslims, Or They Might Blow Us Up
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 09:51:30 am »
Might?  MIGHT?  Just what does he call 9/11, tea and crumpets?  I guess more than that, having an ex (thankfully, apparently) military leader making statements cowardly statements the enemy can make into propaganda. :bullie smokin:  Can anyone here imagine George Patton saying any such thing? **nononono*

Offline bob434

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 07:09:24 pm »
Goog Golly- Et Tu Betrayus? Et Tu?

Lost much respect for this man- Sadly- You are right- the terrorists WILL use hi words as propaganda claiming America is running scared and are too afraid to defend ourselves- No i can not imagine patton- now can i imagine Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf saying such cowardly things

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 12:52:39 am »
And this guy became a -general- ??
In -our- army ??

Mr. Petraeus, WAKE UP!

muslims don't behave the way they do towards us because of what we say to them or about them.

They hate us because of who we are -- infidels.
They hate us simply because we EXIST.

Listen, folks, I'm a dummy, a troglodyte (see pic below).
But approaching age 67 even I have learned a reality about life:
Those who hold the highest positions above us are no SMARTER than the poor ol' folks like me (and possibly you).
Indeed, for all their education and intelligence, they often act just plain dumb.

Fishrrman trying to figure out what to do with the keyboard:

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 07:28:55 pm »
David Petraeus: Be Nice To Muslims, Or They Might Blow Us Up

Define being "nice".

You allow them to live in the USA, you allow them freedom to worship and build their own mosques as they see fit, you give them the same opportunities to succeed in school and business as every other American, you protect their civil right,  isn't that being "nice" enough? How much  "nicer" do they need us to be?

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 09:39:02 pm »
Hello, Sir! :beer:  Welcome to our community of concerned Americans. :broc:  We look forward to your profound words of wisdom to make us more knowledgeable.  :0001: