Author Topic: dear leader thinks he has the power to give illegal aliens social security and disability:  (Read 553 times)

Offline bob434

dear leader thinks he has the power to give illegal aliens social security and disability:

[[Through Solicitor General Donald Verrilli, President Barack Obama is telling the Supreme Court exactly this right now.

The solicitor general calls what Obama is doing "prosecutorial discretion."

He argues that under this particular type of "prosecutorial discretion," the executive can make millions of people in this country illegally eligible for Social Security, disability and Medicare.]]

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/obama-claims-power-make-illegal-immigrants-eligible-social-security
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:21:23 pm by bob434 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Dear Leader will demonstrate that he does have the power to dictate anything he wishes and make law by decree -

- because no one dares to stop him.

And the precedent has been set that the Executive is now a seat of Dictatorship that the oligarchy enabled.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bob434

[[So for those who say there's no difference between Democrats and Republicans in Congress...this is a pretty big one.]]

I and many others tried to make that case on FR and we were basically labeled as 'traitors' for 'sticking up for the GOPe- (and for defending Cruz by stating he at least tried to stop much of what the left was doing) Do you even post on Fr anymore? I have lost interest in them now- I see 2ndivisionvet isn't posting anymore either- infact lots of familiar faces don't- FR lost a lot of solid conservatives these last few month-s Now it's just a group of people railing against all GOPe- but like you said- the GOPe- for all their faults, have stopped much of what the left has tried to put through- I see there is a bill being introduced by the left to try to 'ban discrimination of refugees and imigrants based on religious ideology'

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What does all this even mean?  Obama has been stopped on a number of issues by the courts.  That's inarguable.  He's also has been frustrated in his efforts to get a lot of his changes enacted into legislation -- that's why he's had to resort to Executive Orders that are far more easily resisted/challenged.  ObamaCare is death spiraling, in large part because Republicans have successfully stopped his efforts to dip into general revenues to insulate insurance companies against losses.

You're letting your apocalyptic worldview determine the facts, rather than the other way around.

The courts have ruled against Obama in numerous cases.  They have not stopped him.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Relic

The oral arguments in this case were about a month and a half ago.

I suspect Obama's going to lose this one.  And I'd point out that the only reason he may lose the issue is because the GOP Congress refused to pass the legislation he demanded.  So for those who say there's no difference between Democrats and Republicans in Congress...this is a pretty big one.

Let's hope he loses, and thanks for pointing that out.

I'm as guilty as anybody of smearing the Republicans in Congress. It's nice to know I'm not 100% right about how useless they are!  :beer:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What does all this even mean?  Obama has been stopped on a number of issues by the courts.  That's inarguable.  He's also has been frustrated in his efforts to get a lot of his changes enacted into legislation -- that's why he's had to resort to Executive Orders that are far more easily resisted/challenged.

My memory is a bit different than yours apparently.  The GOP surrendered the power of the purse and funded nearly Obama's entire agenda.  The senate surrendered their duty to review and approve treaties. 

The Democrats gave us Obamacare.  The Republican Party enshrined it and gave us a defacto-dictatorship.

Now most Americans see the Executive as a monarchy.

I guess I am more cynical than you are, because I have been taught to be by the very party and institutions I wrongly put my faith in over the years.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bob434

[[Which would mean that we couldn't accept refugees who fled because of religious persecution, right?  That's insane -- giving refuge to Christians and others -- like the Yazidis]]

I'll see if i can find that thread later- I'm sure that there will be some clause in it which exempts Christians from protections agiasnt discrimination- like when the administration refused ot call them persecuted- because that would have meant under law he wouldn't refuse them- not classifying the Christians as 'persecuted' (there was another term that was used- but basically it meant persecuted), he was 'free not to admit them ot the US)- I'm sure hte new democrat bill will include some classification criteria as well to excluse Christian refugees-

Offline bob434

[[ that's why he's had to resort to Executive Orders that are far more easily resisted/challenged.]]

The thing to remember though is that once he issues an executive order- such as perhaps allowing trannies the 'right' to use bathrooms- (let's just say he gets that through)- once a republican becomes president, the second they go to reverse that- the media and left will scream bloody hell- and paint hte republicans as 'thoughtless brutes who don't respect the rights of everyone"-

It will be very hard for a republican leader to repeal such things- and survive the massive concerted effort by the msm to label them as intolerant - Dear leader knew this- and this is why he is putting through all these immoral things now- so that IF a republican wins, and tries to repeal, the crowds will go absolutely mental with anger-

They are prepped and ready to go the second a republican tries to undo the HC law as well- they've got their talking points to bludgeon the right with "Millions without insurance thanks to uncaring brutal republicans who don't care if women and children die in the streets" etc

It's going to be very ugly- the msm is going to be insufferable-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
drifdiver wrote:
"The courts have ruled against Obama in numerous cases.  They have not stopped him."

What court in America has the power "to stop" anyone from doing anything?

That's intended as a serious question.

Next question:
In what part of government does that "power" exist?