Author Topic: Chick-fil-A Dominates in NYC Despite de Blasio's Call for a Boycott  (Read 279 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: PJMEDIA

URL: https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/05/12/chick-fil-a-dominates-in-nyc-despite-de-blasios-call-for-a-boycott/

by: Debra Heine

Mayor Bill de Blasio called for a city-wide boycott of Chick-fil-A last week, and it appears the people of New York have answered that call. The answer is a resounding "no." Both midtown Manhattan locations are reportedly raking it in, with long lunchtime lines that often stretch around the block.

Chick-fil-A boycott in New York not getting much traction ... https://t.co/KkYczjfXQf @ChickfilA @toddstarnes pic.twitter.com/Fs0Ogxq01L

— Joni Hannigan (@JoniHannigan) May 5, 2016

Last week, Mayor de Blasio-- who is currently fending off several state and federal ethics probes -- urged New Yorkers to avoid eating at the politically incorrect eating establishment.

"What the ownership of Chick-fil-A has said is wrong," the mayor told reporters on Tuesday. "I'm certainly not going to patronize them and I wouldn't urge any other New Yorker to patronize them. But they do have a legal right."

City Councilman Danny Dromm piled on, accusing Chick-fil-A of "forcing their employees and volunteers to adhere to a policy that prohibits same-sex love," which is not even remotely true.

In the wake of their city government's anti-Chick-fil-A temper tantrum, New Yorkers are demonstrating that they just "don’t give a cluck" about what the the chain's CEO said about same-sex marriage four years ago. While their rivals are struggling, Chick-fil-A is doing so well in the Big Apple, the company is planning to add 12 new restaurants in the New York metro area over the next year.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Good food, good service, good price.

Having two out of the three beats the crap out of politics any time. Having all three? ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

I don't know how the Chik-fil-a is where you live, but ours is great! For a fast food joint the service is superb.  After the order is placed, the waiter or waitress brings the food to the table, if there is any problem whatsoever with the food, they replace it.  I even accidentally ordered the wrong item once and they replaced the item for free.  They also come around to make sure that everything is to your liking.  The ask if they can get you anything else, napkins, extra sauce, ketchup, etc.  Free ice cream cones to the little kiddies.  The food is always hot and delicious (fries are great especially with the Chik-fil-a sauce) and the price is affordable.  The eating area always has a fresh cut flower at each table and is always clean and the play area and bathrooms are always clean.  The only problem is they need to build another one, because the place is always packed! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.