Author Topic: Trump campaign eyes #NeverTrump blacklist  (Read 1037 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump campaign eyes #NeverTrump blacklist
« on: May 13, 2016, 01:59:49 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-campaign-eyes-nevertrump-blacklist-223147

Candidates’ aides and allies want anti-Trump vendors barred from lucrative general-election contracts.

By Kenneth P. Vogel and Ben Schreckinger

05/13/16 05:11 AM EDT

Donald Trump’s campaign is considering hitting his Republican enemies where it hurts: Their wallets.

As Trump moves to work in closer concert with the Republican National Committee apparatus, some campaign aides and allies are pushing him to block lucrative party contracts from consultants who worked to keep him from winning the nomination, according to four sources familiar with the discussions.

“The Never Trump vendors and supporters shouldn’t be in striking distance of the RNC, any of its committees or anyone working on behalf of Donald Trump,” said a Trump campaign official.

The blacklist talk — which sources say mostly targets operatives who worked for Never Trump groups, but also some who worked for Trump’s GOP presidential rivals or their supportive super PACs — strikes against a Republican consulting class that Trump has assailed as a pillar of a corrupt political establishment. It’s a sweet bit of turnabout for Trump aides and consultants who in recent months were warned that their work for the anti-establishment billionaire real estate showman could diminish their own career prospects.

If Trump’s team makes good on the blacklist, it could elevate a whole new crop of vendors, while penalizing establishment operatives who attacked him, often in deeply personal terms. But it also could put Trump’s campaign at a competitive disadvantage as it scrambles to quickly beef up capabilities in highly technical campaign tactics that it largely eschewed in the primary, including voter data, direct mail and phone banking.

Newly minted presidential nominees typically install staff at their respective parties’ national committees, and have been known to steer contracts to at least some of their favored vendors, which often provokes backlash. Since Trump all but clinched the GOP nomination this month with a lopsided victory in Indiana’s primary, his staffers including political director Rick Wiley have spent considerable time at the RNC’s Capitol Hill headquarters discussing joint fundraising and field operations.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump campaign eyes #NeverTrump blacklist
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 02:17:33 pm »
Trump is Nixon.  He's demonstrating that fact more and more.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 02:29:37 pm »

Hell, I remember posting before that Hillary is Nixon.  Both candidates are like Nixon, with the paranoid, clannish mentalities of mobsters with enemies lists and threats of retribution. 

Damn it all, we deserve better this fall. 

No, sadly, that's wrong - we get exactly what we deserve.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 02:43:42 pm »
Fine by me. Those types don't want to serve you anyway. At least I would hope.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 02:45:09 pm »
I don't have enough 'clout' to be on the black list.  Damn it!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 03:48:06 pm »
I'm too white to be on a black list.  :tongue2:
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 03:57:52 pm »

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 04:01:16 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-campaign-eyes-nevertrump-blacklist-223147

Candidates’ aides and allies want anti-Trump vendors barred from lucrative general-election contracts.

If he wins, this will be followed by "Presidents' aides and allies want anti-Trump vendors barred from lucrative Federal jobs contracts"
I thought everyone said Trump wasn't Presidential enough?
He is being Presidential, provided those Presidents are Nixon and Clinton.
Does anyone remember the name Craig Livingstone?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 04:10:00 pm »
If he wins, this will be followed by "Presidents' aides and allies want anti-Trump vendors barred from lucrative Federal jobs contracts"

Except Trump will take the mob mentality out five decimal places.  Threatening media outlets, singling out individuals for childish tweets, and naming companies he's going to punish for taking steps to improve profitability.

It's all considered normal in the world of the Trumpkin.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 04:15:34 pm »
Hey, has Trump given the vets the money he collected for them in February?  Just curious.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 04:16:10 pm »

Is Anthony Pellicano out of the hoosegow yet?   He seems like a Trump kind of guy.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 06:59:22 pm »

To keep track, authorized vendors will be issued armbands.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 07:08:42 pm »
To say I dislike Trump is to put it mildly - but what's wrong with this? I'm seeing no problem with the Trump campaign not requiring the services of companies or persons that don't approve of the Trump campaign. It's part of the free market. You are free to say what you wish and I am free not to hire you.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:09:23 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 07:12:27 pm »
To say I dislike Trump is to put it mildly - but what's wrong with this? I'm seeing no problem with the Trump campaign not requiring the services of companies or persons that don't approve of the Trump campaign. It's part of the free market. You are free to say what you wish and I am free not to hire you.

If it were he doing the hiring, that's one thing, but it's for the party...and he is not the party.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline r9etb

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 08:23:43 pm »
To say I dislike Trump is to put it mildly - but what's wrong with this?

For one thing, it's ridiculously stupid. 

What Trump ought to be doing -- needs to be doing, if he's serious about winning -- is trying to erode the effectiveness of the #NeverTrump movement.... But of course that would require him to act like a responsible adult (assuming it's not already months too late).

Instead, everything he's doing seems aimed directly toward hardening the opposition within his "own" party, and making him look Nixonian to everybody else.

Thus making the #NeverTrump movement look that much more credible.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 08:25:34 pm »
Worked so well for Richard Nixon..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”