Author Topic: Boehner lashes out at 'knucklehead' conservatives. 'To this day I don't know what they want'  (Read 280 times)

rangerrebew

ON CAPITOL HILL
Boehner lashes out at 'knucklehead' conservatives
'To this day I don't know what they want'
Published: 11 hours ago

If Hillary Clinton wins the presidency and the House and Senate stay Republican, there’s likely to be a bit of rancor between the two sides.

So, too, would arguments and disagreements be expected if Donald Trump wins, between his brash throw-out-tradition style of operating and, well, the establishment.

But it appears a good part of that division actually might not be attached to Clinton, or Trump.

It’s inside the U.S. House.

That surfaced on Thursday when former House Speaker John Boehner, who left the leadership post when conservative members of the GOP unleashed a barrage of criticism, took to name-calling.

“Knuckleheads” was his label for the House Freedom Caucus, among the most conservative of the various GOP factions in Congress.

Hillary for prosecution, not president! Join the sizzling campaign to put Mrs. Clinton where she really belongs

His blast came at a conference in Las Vegas, where he said, “Still to this day I don’t know [what they want].”

In a series of social media posts reported on the Talking Points Memo, he said, “I did my best to bring our party together, but I don’t know what the knuckleheads want. Still to this day I don’t know.”

He also responded to a question about the Freedom Caucus with the comment, “Knuckleheads. We call them knuckleheads.”

The Freedom Caucus joined in the conversation, patiently explaining to Boehner, “We want GOP to actually be the party of ltd govt, less spending; hold WH accountable for exec overreach.”

Boehner also said he disagrees with Donald Trump on his Muslim ban plan, his Mexican border wall plan, and his tariffs plan.

But Trump is the nominee, and he’ll support him, the social media chain explained.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/boehner-lashes-out-at-knucklehead-conservatives/#yQVtbTDXTpIsRwXy.99

Offline uglybiker

Ya can't fix  stupid.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline mountaineer

To this day I don't know why people like rap. I guess aficionados of that form of music are as foreign to me as conservatives are to Bonehead.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

To this day I don't know why people like rap. I guess aficionados of that form of music are as foreign to me as conservatives are to Bonehead.

Don't forget when Lurch ran for POTUS he said he really enjoys rap.  Sure he does. :3: