Author Topic: Venture Capitalist Calls for $28 Minimum Wage...  (Read 657 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Venture Capitalist Calls for $28 Minimum Wage...
« on: May 13, 2016, 02:16:23 pm »
 “People think I am insane, but I would argue that if the minimum wage had tracked what the top one percent made — and it was $28 today — we would have an unbelievably robust economy,” said venture capitalist Nick Hanauer (an early investor in Amazon.com and co-founder of aQuantive), according to Geekwire.

While there would be unemployment, Hanauer said “I bet you, it would work out really, really well.”

Proving once again that just because you are skilled as a venture capitalist, it doesn't mean that you know a damn thing about how the economy works...

Read more:

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2016/05/venture-capitalist-calls-for-28-minimum.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline oldmomster

Re: Venture Capitalist Calls for $28 Minimum Wage...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 02:27:03 pm »
I love when Rush gets one of these guys on the show - when he suggests that $50/hr would make everyone rich, they kinda get it.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 03:03:19 pm »
What scares me is that there are a lot of people who will agree with this doofus.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 03:09:45 pm »
 :chairbang:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 03:18:48 pm »
If anyone doesn't know, a venture capitalist is just a dude whit a lot of money who throws money at people with good ideas. They generally don't have any skills or ingenuity themselves. Nick Hanauer's family was already well off and he lucked out getting involved with Bezos very early. He is no great thing.