Author Topic: Hitting the bottle to cope with the kids and how 'have a magical day' is code for 'go f*** yourself': Staff reveal what it's REALLY like to work at Disney  (Read 944 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Caroline Mcguire
The Daily Mail
May 19, 2016

Working at a Disney theme park is a dream for many children, but it turns out that dressing up like a fairy tale princess isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Employees at the company's theme parks have been sharing revelations about their jobs on the anonymous confessions app Whisper and the stories range from heartwarming to heartbreaking.

Among the secrets shared, staff members revealed that they wanted to kick the children, they are banned from dyeing their hair and that mean guests can often leave them in tears...

One employee said: 'I work at Disney World and being around children and their parents all day every day has taught me how not to raise my children.' ...
More

Offline NavyCanDo

I was expecting to read some ligetiment  complaints, instead I read gripes, like "they won't let me die my hair pink or have body piercings, or have tatoos"    Really?   This is the work ethics of the millennial generation.  I have college interns working for me each summer and I would say the majority have this attitude about work unfamiliar to my or earlier generations. It's a me first generation unwilling to humble themselves and start from the bottom and prove themselves.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I was expecting to read some ligetiment  complaints, instead I read gripes, like "they won't let me die my hair pink or have body piercings, or have tatoos"    Really?   This is the work ethics of the millennial generation.  I have college interns working for me each summer and I would say the majority have this attitude about work unfamiliar to my or earlier generations. It's a me first generation unwilling to humble themselves and start from the bottom and prove themselves.

I got one for you - communal underwear.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink