Author Topic: Lindsey Graham Talks to Trump on Defense Policy  (Read 311 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham Talks to Trump on Defense Policy
« on: May 13, 2016, 12:56:24 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=728578

Newsmax
Lindsey Graham Talks to Trump on Defense Policy
Thursday, May 12, 2016 04:40 PM

By: Greg Richter

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham talked to presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump about national security policy on Wednesday, Politico reports.

Graham, who ran against Trump for his party's nomination before dropping out of the race in December, called the 15-minute telephone conversation "very cordial" and "funny," but said he still has no intention of supporting Trump's candidacy.

"He's got a great sense of humor," Graham told reporters on Thursday. "He's from New York, he obviously can take a punch. I wished him well, and that's where we are."

Graham said it was he who phoned Trump, but he did so after hearing from "mutual friends" that Trump wanted to talk, The Post and Courier reports.

"I gave him my two cents' worth," Graham said. "[Trump] won, I lost, but the fact that he's reaching out and wants to talk to me about something I've spent a lot of time on is reassuring."

Graham's office later issued a statement saying Trump asked "good questions" about national security, but that Graham still has no plans to endorse his old rival who has dubbed Graham a "lightweight" and gave out Graham's cellphone number at a campaign rally.

"My position remains the same regarding both candidates running for president," Graham's statement read. "I will do what I can in the Senate to help the next president. The next president will inherit a mess."

The call came a day ahead of Trump meeting with House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in Washington, D.C.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Lindsey Graham Talks to Trump on Defense Policy
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 01:00:25 pm »
Another positive for Trump. Linda opposes him...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17