Author Topic: Sign Up To Pose Nude At The Republican National Convention  (Read 812 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Be part of a photography project by nude photographer extraordinaire Spencer Tunick.

Calling all feminist activists, nudists, Cleveland-based Democrats, and people overdue for a laundry day. Photographer Spencer Tunick is looking for 100 bold women to pose nude for a Cleveland-based photo shoot on July 17, 2016.

Also -- you'll be baring all at the Republican National Convention.

If you're not familiar with Tunick's work, allow me to briefly summarize: naked people, lots of them. Since the 1990s, Tunick has organized over 70 massive photo shoots in locations spanning the globe, in which hundreds or thousands of people strip down to revel in the glory of unmediated human flesh. In the artist's words: "individuals en masse, without their clothing, grouped together, metamorphose into a new shape."

Snapped from a distance, his final images often resemble a skin-colored mountain range or fleshy ocean waves. Individual body types are lost to the overwhelming impact of the naked whole.

For this particular shoot, titled "Everything She Says Means Everything," 100 naked women will hold up large mirror discs that, according to the artist's website, represent "reflecting the knowledge and wisdom of progressive women and the concept of 'Mother Nature'" onto the convention center where the RNC is taking place.

For our daughters,
    I just couldn't stand by and do nothing. https://t.co/dAR5OA3G7B pic.twitter.com/IPe6hrP23d
    — Spencer Tunick (@SpencerTunick) May 11, 2016

"By holding mirrors, we hope to suggest that women are a reflection and embodiment of nature, the sun, the sky and the land," the statement continues. "The mirrors communicate that we are a reflection of ourselves, each other, and of, the world that surrounds us. The woman becomes the future and the future becomes the woman."

In an interview with the Cleveland Scene, Tunick explained the project's relationship to the Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's reprehensible comments about and treatment of women. "The work is for my daughters, for their future, for them not to grow up in a society with hate, for them to grow up in a world with less violence toward women and more opportunities for them."

Those interested in participating should submit a photo to Tunick's website. While normally the artist's shoots invite as many subjects and as many diverse body types as possible, this particular project is capped at 100 individuals. Those selected will be notified by email with exact details concerning logistics.

As the website explains: "Republicans, Democrats and all other political parties are welcome to take part."

See some of Tunick's earlier works below:
[Photos at site]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sign-up-to-pose-nude-at-the-republican-national-convention_us_5734bb67e4b08f96c1826b18

Finally! Something $neverTrump can do to be noticed.....

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Sign Up To Pose Nude At The Republican National Convention
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 11:31:06 am »
I wonder if Melania Trump has signed up yet?  That's right up her alley.  :silly: :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 11:54:30 am »
I wonder if Melania Trump has signed up yet?  That's right up her alley.  :silly: :silly:

I'm not going there. So she got paid for taking her clothes off. Who hasn't?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GilesB

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 12:15:20 pm »
If the mirrors "communicate"  the message claimed - why does it have to be explained?  Not very adept communicators, those mirrors

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 02:56:31 pm »

Will they be serving lunch?
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 03:04:19 pm »
A good thing the convention is not being held in San Francisco.