Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122416 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Focus on the Congress instead.

The framers chose it wisely to be the true power in this country.  The selection of an Executive is a sideshow only, as Congress acting as per Constitution can control anyone who is President.

CAN being the operative word!  They have chosen to abdicate their powers for most of the last century!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We have seen this Congress do nothing while the President abuses his Constitutional authority.

Congress holds ultimate power over both the Executive and Judicial branches.  Congress has the power of the purse, meaning that it can cut off funding for anything the President wants to do.  And Congress has the power to establish and disestablish courts (except for the Supreme Court), meaning that it can dissolve any court that issues rulings that conflict with the Constitution.

These are great powers which is why our Founding Fathers diluted them amongst a group of geographic legislators representing the diverse will of the people and a second group of legislators representing the will of the States.  But those powers exist nonetheless.  Obama has been able to get away with so much because he recognizes that the Republican Party is made up of cowards who will gladly sacrifice our Constitutional liberties in order to maintain their spot at the receiving table.

To bad they have refused to use the powers granted them for a VERY long time now!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

To bad they have refused to use the powers granted them for a VERY long time now!

What we've had and still have is a lot of empty showmanship!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:06:54 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

The framers chose it wisely to be the true power in this country.  The selection of an Executive is a sideshow only, as Congress acting as per Constitution can control anyone who is President.

That is how Congress should act, but we all know it won't. We will be electing a dictator for all intents and purposes.

Offline Rivergirl

Sadly enough, living here in NJ means nothing much.  Two terrible senators, and all down the ticket nothing but a bunch of do nothings.   One republican congressman, Garrett, has been the target of endless attacks on him personally and on his donors.  Recently the Ledger forced PSE&G to withdraw their donations.
The bullying against this true conservative, Scott Garrett, is disgusting. 
But that's life in Chris Christie's NJ.    Looking back I am reminded that CC refused to donate any cash to Cuccinelli of VA, allowing McAuliff to win that election. I will request an absentee ballot and write in Ted Cruz for President.

geronl

But that's life in Chris Christie's NJ.    Looking back I am reminded that CC refused to donate any cash to Cuccinelli of VA, allowing McAuliff to win that election. I will request an absentee ballot and write in Ted Cruz for President.

Trump gave some real money to McAuliffe

Offline verga

To me it looks more like a circus with Trump as the clown and Hillary as the snake charmer.

#NeverTrump
There is nothing charming about either of them.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

"Those who bolstered Trump WILL bear that responsibility going forward" .... :patriot: :patriot:
[/size]

Deserves a big bump, and a bigger font.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

There is nothing charming about either of them.

Definitely not.  In this case, there is no voting for the lesser of two evils; for they are both equally evil.  One is as dangerous to this country as the other.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GilesB

I used to think the hope of our republic lay in Congress....but that was before we elected a GOP congress.  Even worse, with GOP congress and president - the GOP was pathetically unable to distinguish themselves from the jackasses.

geronl

the GOP was pathetically unable to distinguish themselves from the jackasses.

and then the GOP nominated the biggest one ever.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
and then the GOP nominated the biggest one ever.

And when he loses, the GOPe will immediately blame conservatives for nominating the idiot.

Offline Axeslinger

^^^^.  This!

He will so destroy the conservative label, he will be the last conservative nominee and possibly republican nominee for a generation.  Even though he is neither a conservative nor a Republican.

@Cripplecreek
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:20:59 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Oceander

And when he loses, the GOPe will immediately blame conservatives for nominating the idiot.

When he loses, the payback is going to be the biggest b$*ch the world's ever seen.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I used to think the hope of our republic lay in Congress....but that was before we elected a GOP congress.  Even worse, with GOP congress and president - the GOP was pathetically unable to distinguish themselves from the jackasses.

I disagree with your choice of terms!  I would have said "pathetically UNWILLING to distinguish themselves from the jackasses."

Welcome aboard!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:14:38 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

IF he loses....it means the Republican Party is indeed, in the dustbin of history.  For no other Republican named Cruz, or otherwise would be able to 'combat' the leftward media complex against Hillary Clinton.

Trump is Obiwan Kanobe....he's our ONLY hope.   (To slow the advance toward a dissolution of our Constitutional Republic)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
IF he loses....it means the Republican Party is indeed, in the dustbin of history.  For no other Republican named Cruz, or otherwise would be able to 'combat' the leftward media complex against Hillary Clinton.

Trump is Obiwan Kanobe....he's our ONLY hope.   (To slow the advance toward a dissolution of our Constitutional Republic)

***suicide***   **nononono*

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
***suicide***   **nononono*

I'm not speaking about policy, etc..

Speaking about drawing vote power only.

Like it or not, Earl, it's the semi-finals of 'American-Idol'.

And you have to choose between the two....if you ever believed in the concept and power of a single vote.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

And you have to choose between the two....if you ever believed in the concept and power of a single vote.

NO I don't!  And I won't!  Trump is nothing but a stalking horse for Hillary and never has been anything but!

You've been had David and I believe that deep down you KNOW that!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:18:39 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

No, you don't.  That's the beauty of voting:  a gun isn't placed to your head and you can - you are supposed to - vote your conscience.  The way you want to go is the slippery slope to tyranny.

Get off the Trump sauce.

Offline sinkspur

The essence of demagoguery is the idea that the truth of a statement is determined entirely by the size of the following it attracts.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Can anyone picture Cruz doing any of these things?

Trump's last 24 hours:
-Attacked dead soldier's family
-Trashed 4-star general
-Lied about NFL & Koch Bros.
-Accused fire marshal of bias
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Hoodat

You still don't get it.  The finals were already settled in Cleveland.  This was an unwinnable race for Hillary Clinton.  Never before has someone with so much baggage been elevated to be her party's nominee for President.  There wasn't a candidate out there that she could beat, save one - Donald Trump.

Cleveland settled this race.  The Republicans snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory by nominating the worst possible candidate they could have ever come up with.  Every day for the next 100 days, we will see unforced error after unforced error after unforced error by this GOP nominee.  The more people see Trump, the more will know what a complete joke he is.  He is certifiably insane.  There is not a single redeeming quality about him.

Take a look at an electoral map and see it for yourself.  If by some miracle Trump keeps his mouth shut for the next 100 days and hires some professionals to do some high quality ads, he could pull off wins in North Carolina, Florida, Ohio, and Colorado, and he would still lose.  But you and I know that Trump won't shut up.

So back to your first line.  It reveals the root of the problem.  Because it is ALWAYS about policy.  If it had been about policy with you, then we wouldn't be stuck with a candidate who does not hold a single Conservative value.  Think about it.  You nominated a liberal Democrat as the Republican candidate.  And now you come here and say that we have to choose your liberal Democrat over the other liberal Democrat?  If that is your best argument, then this race is already over.

Cleveland settled it.  Cleveland ensured that there would be no one in this race fighting for Republican values.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why?  Do you think any congress is going to stop President Clinton?

If anyone seriously wants to stop her, the last chance is on November 8.

geronl

I don't think I ever voted on American Idol. So there are choices.