Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122286 times)

Online libertybele

When did your homeroom teacher ask you to be a hall monitor, Weird?    :smokin:

This thread is just fine, and as far as I know, one person's random opinion as to whether or not it needs to be shut down doesn't hold much water.

btw, libertybele's last post was far from "dumb."  Nothing she ever says is "dumb."

Thank you very much. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
When did your homeroom teacher ask you to be a hall monitor, Weird?    :smokin:

This thread is just fine, and as far as I know, one person's random opinion as to whether or not it needs to be shut down doesn't hold much water.

btw, libertybele's last post was far from "dumb."  Nothing she ever says is "dumb."

I didn't mention LB. Frankly everyone is blurring together on this tedious thread.

Offline aligncare

Cruz only represents the people who elected him.  When he was running for President, he also represented that portion of the GOP electorate that supported him.  But it was never anywhere close to 50%.

You're seeing everything through Cruz-colored glasses, like when you said that Cruz could unite the entire country.  He can't.  The very things that you like about him are also the very things that make others detest him.  It is impossible for any candidate to unite the country.  Period.

I'm a conservative, so I supported him when he and Kasich were the only alternatives left to Trump, but I still wasn't blind to his weaknesses as a candidate.  If you agree with him 100%, he's the perfect candidate, but his manner of speaking and overtly religious messaging is a turn-off for a lot of people.  It makes him a very difficult candidate to win a general election, though he might have had a shot at Hillary.

Mayor Koch of NYC (a pretty popular mayor in his day) used to say, if you agree with me on eight out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I didn't mention LB. Frankly everyone is blurring together on this tedious thread.

So, the obvious question is...why are you here?  Not that you shouldn't be, you just obviously don't want to be, so why?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
So, the obvious question is...why are you here?  Not that you shouldn't be, you just obviously don't want to be, so why?

Keeps popping up on my unread items.

Offline musiclady

Thank you very much.

You're most welcome.   I mean that sincerely.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Since libertybele and I made the last comments on a thread you said was getting "dumber and dumber" that was the implication of your post.

Also.......... you don't have to demand that a thread end because you don't want to keep getting notices on it.  That happens to all of us all the time.  All you have to do is click on it and then go away if a thread becomes too tedious for you.  That also happens all the time.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RoosGirl

Keeps popping up on my unread items.

I use the "mark all threads as read" button frequently. :)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Mayor Koch of NYC (a pretty popular mayor in his day) used to say, if you agree with me on eight out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist.

I agree with that approach, and a good candidate can sell that.  The problem is that things like personal demeanor, speaking style, etc., may well determine how many voters buy into that logic, and it gets dicier depending on the importance of those particular 8 issues, or when it gets down to 6 or 7.

To put it differently, maybe a candidate should be nothing more than the sum of his policies/beliefs, but that ended in 1960.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:06:36 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
IMHO I see personal attacks in here far and few between and personal attacks really aren't permitted or accepted.

I've lost count of the number of times I've read something like "bleep" or "Cruzbots", or other personal insults.

This particular thread IS about Cruz's statement; "those who bolstered Trump will bear that responsibility going forward". 

That statement borders on a tautology, so of course it is true.  But obviously, it's veered off quite a bit from addressing that simple statement.

Sooo... in this particular thread you either agree with Cruz's statement or you don't.

As I said, the statement itself is virtually inarguable, and applies to anyone who supported any candidate, at any time.

I wish that Trump was a candidate that we could all stand behind, but he isn't.  That isn't the fault of those who support or did support Cruz, or Rubio or Kasich or Bush, etc.  That is the fault of Trump himself.  How the heck do you defeat Hillary when we don't have a candidate that can defeat her because of how he represents himself?  All she has to do is point out his personality and attach it to an issue and she makes him look wrong regardless if he's right or not.

I agree with all that, but that goes beyond the initial "bearing responsibility" narrative.  By the same token, I agree that he's a horrible nominee, but whether someone else would have been better is rather beside the point now.  Right?

In fact, how do you defeat Hillary when the objective of our nominee is to hijack the GOP in the first place?  He didn't go after Hillary and hasn't gone after Hillary with the same intensity that he used against members of his own party.

I think the last statement is something that at least looks forward -- something we'd like to see him do even if we can't personally support the guy.

Online libertybele

I agree with all that, but that goes beyond the initial "bearing responsibility" narrative.  By the same token, I agree that he's a horrible nominee, but whether someone else would have been better is rather beside the point now. 

Sure, I'd like to see Trump go after Hillary but IMHO he's not going to; that's never been his objective.

Getting back on topic, Cruz' made a very accurate statement; and in going back to one of my original comments in this thread, Cruz was treated like a red-headed stepchild by members of his own party and the MSM.  Those are the people most responsible for bolstering Trump and in retrospect some of those same members  applauded him when he came back to the Senate and the MSM is now giving him more media attention than was granted  to him as a candidate and reporting what he says without actually ripping him to shreds.

Regardless if Cruz is a presidential candidate or not, is irrelevant to me.  He is still a U.S. Senator and one of the few conservatives we have left still fighting for the Constitution and conservative valuesr; therefore I continue to defend him and support him.  I will also continue to defend him as falsehoods and rumors continue to surface. It's not a matter about my guy v. someone else.  The TRUTH is the truth.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:32:30 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

I've lost count of the number of times I've read something like "bleep" or "Cruzbots", or other personal insults.

Here you go. I've compiled a comprehensive list for you. I can only speak to those personal insults that were directly specifically at me as an early Trump supporter both here and at FR. Of course, if you confront them they'll only deny they ever did it....

Trumpys
Trumpholes
Trumpaloompa
Trumpsters
Trumpanzees
Trumpenistas
Trumpers
bleep
Trump Cult
Trump Diehards
The Trumpkin Proletariat
Trumpites
Trumpkins
Trumpettes
Trumpists (thanks Rush Limbaugh)
Turmpeteers
Trumpbots
Trumpnutters

Good, huh? Boy do I feel thoroughly insulted....

Offline RoosGirl

Here you go. I've compiled a comprehensive list for you. I can only speak to those personal insults that were directly specifically at me as an early Trump supporter both here and at FR. Of course, if you confront them they'll only deny they ever did it....

Trumpys
Trumpholes
Trumpaloompa
Trumpsters
Trumpanzees
Trumpenistas
Trumpers
bleep
Trump Cult
Trump Diehards
The Trumpkin Proletariat
Trumpites
Trumpkins
Trumpettes
Turmpeteers
Trumpbots
Trumpnutters

There's been name calling on both sides.  I don't like using the names, I have only ever used Trump supporters, though I don't really see much harm in Trumpers/Cruzers just for brevity.  I've never seen Trumpaloompa though, I have to admit it made me chuckle.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Don't forget "Trumpazoids".    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

I just call em "liberals". ;)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Trumpdavidians.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

AC I think you ought to patent and market the Trump tush cush...who needs a t-shirt or a ball hat?   :silly:

Good grief.  Back to topic.  Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'. His statement was a response to a question he was given on the Barry show when he was asked whether he thought he was treated fairly in the GOP primary, with the host mentioning Fox News specifically. There is no denying that Trump lied and he created a media frenzy in order to get the nomination. It would seem that since the Trump supporters (notice I did not use the word Trumpsters or Trumpeteers or Trumbots) find that this statement is offensive that they feel that the media doesn't hold any responsibility? Considering Trump was allowed more air time and the fact that even his rallies were televised is hard to dismiss.

Offline sinkspur

Trumproids.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

Trumproids.

...hmmm... Trumproids ... are they anything like a nasty hemorrhoid?    :silly:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
AC I think you ought to patent and market the Trump tush cush...who needs a t-shirt or a ball hat?   :silly:

Good grief.  Back to topic.  Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'. His statement was a response to a question he was given on the Barry show when he was asked whether he thought he was treated fairly in the GOP primary, with the host mentioning Fox News specifically. There is no denying that Trump lied and he created a media frenzy in order to get the nomination. It would seem that since the Trump supporters (notice I did not use the word Trumpsters or Trumpeteers or Trumbots) find that this statement is offensive that they feel that the media doesn't hold any responsibility? Considering Trump was allowed more air time and the fact that even his rallies were televised is hard to dismiss.

And when the media starts helping anyone that immediately should tell any conservative all they need to know!

I want the guy the media and the inside the beltway bastards hate!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

There's been name calling on both sides.  I don't like using the names, I have only ever used Trump supporters, though I don't really see much harm in Trumpers/Cruzers just for brevity.  I've never seen Trumpaloompa though, I have to admit it made me chuckle.

:beer: Sort of like using RINO's just for brevity ... that's also a no-no!

Online libertybele

And when the media starts helping anyone that immediately should tell any conservative all they need to know!

I want the guy the media and the inside the beltway bastards hate!

:amen: :patriot:

Offline RetBobbyMI

Trumpys
Trumpholes
Trumpaloompa
Trumpsters
Trumpanzees
Trumpenistas
Trumpers
bleep
Trump Cult
Trump Diehards
The Trumpkin Proletariat
Trumpites
Trumpkins
Trumpettes
Turmpeteers
Trumpbots
Trumpnutters

You forgot Orange Baboon or Baffoon, although it doesn't start with a T.  LOL
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online libertybele

You forgot Orange Baboon or Baffoon, although it doesn't start with a T.  LOL

Those are words reserved for Trump himself and not his supporters...we could make a whole other list:

Orange Orangutan
Orange Jello Brain
Orange Baboon (not permitted in here by the way)
Buffoon
Bombastic Narcissistic Psychopath
Hay haired mountebank
Don the Con
Herr Drumpf
The Manhattan bully
Trumpitler
Golden Wrecking Ball (courtesy of Palin)
Short-Fingered Vulgarian
Tangerine Tornado
The New Führer
Cheeto-Dusted Bloviator
Trump of Doom
Donald Duck
The Donald
Donny
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:24:04 pm by libertybele »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I just call em "liberals". ;)

And the most apt of all.....  (s)Trumpets
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.