Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122415 times)

Online libertybele

I think they have fallen for the Trump trap and succumbed to drinking the orange juice. Time to abandon that sinking ship.

At this point, how can one not see what has happened?  Trump has hijacked the GOP and derailed the attempt to stop the Washington cartel.  The ship may eventually completely sink after the Clinton/Trump wrecking ball smashes it's hull.  However, I believe that the conservative movement hasn't died and will grow and unite like never before; even if out of nothing more than sheer desperation.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump has hijacked the GOP and derailed the attempt to stop the Washington cartel. 

I do disagree with this analysis to a degree.  I wouldn't call what Trump has done, a hijacking.  A hostile takeover perhaps which tends to happen when a company is weak and vulnerable often having little market share or value.

The GOP did this to itself.  It capitulated and surrendered their duty, their power, their principles and joined the velvet Coup that Obama and the Democrats imposed on the nation.  The oligarchy became self-aware and sought to protect Mordor on the Potomac rather than the Constitution they swore to uphold.  After we handed them the Senate, they immediately kicked us in the nethers, and fully joined the Democrats to hand Obama a defacto Dictatorship.

The Conservative and American base was so disgusted and put off by the GOP Ruling Class - that Trump did what Trump has done in the corporate world and swept in to remake the failed property into his own image and likeness by telling the disaffected what they wanted to hear and expected the GOP to do all this time.

So they do not care who or what Trump truly is - he said the right things at the right time to close the deal - and now Trump will remake both the GOP and redefine Conservatism to match his Liberal Democrat Northeastern values and make the pact between the GOP and the Democrat Uniparty official.

The ship may eventually completely sink after the Clinton/Trump wrecking ball smashes it's hull. 

And that I am sure was all part of the plan all along.

After all - Trump has a long history of funding the Clintons.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:51:10 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GAJohnnie

And those "Conservatives" who have thrown a childish hissy fit of total ignorance for months about Trump will bear responsibility for their actions going forward...forever.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
And those "Conservatives" who have thrown a childish hissy fit of total ignorance for months about Trump will bear responsibility for their actions going forward...forever.

Hey it's you. Who moved the rock?

And what "total ignorance" by the way? Please illuminate us.

Offline Hoodat

And those "Conservatives" who have thrown a childish hissy fit of total ignorance for months about Trump . . .

This ought to be good.  Do tell.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

So what do you plan to do about it tough guy???  Join your rabid compatriots on Social media and promise that we are going to be rounded up and executed for treason or arrested for "lying"???

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
So what do you plan to do about it tough guy???  Join your rabid compatriots on Social media and promise that we are going to be rounded up and executed for treason or arrested for "lying"???

Oh look!   Another drama queen!!  :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

You didn't answer his question.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Trump did America a service. Thanks to him sane people now know who to trust when the SHTF and why Trump fanatics should be left to fend for themselves. It's sorta neat reading around the web about just how many 'disaster plans' have been restructured without a lot of neighbors being involved anymore.

HonestJohn

Says the one who supports Trump because he would 'blow up the GOP'.

Pot... kettle... black.

Oh, and I'll use my vote to help you 'blow up the GOP'. 

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:33:04 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Offline Norm Lenhart

The GOP did this to itself.  It capitulated and surrendered their duty, their power, their principles and joined the velvet Coup that Obama and the Democrats imposed on the nation. 

Same exact thing applies to the lesser evil voters. They surrendered everything of importance to advance liberalism. It's right there in the name. "lesser evil". They weren't opposed to evil. They didn't try to stop the advancement of evil. They just wanted evil on their timetable. Pretty selfish really.

They could have stood like men but willingly chose not to. They were exactly the people Franklin refered to about deserving neither freedom or liberty. But whats really funny is how they think that those words don't apply to them. They aren't responsible. It's always someone else responsible for the actions of the people they themselves gave power.

I guess the Democrats elected Mitch and Bhoner and Ryan and tried to elect Romney (who then went on to sabotage conservatism every day since his great fail. Certainly it was no fault of their voters. Of course not.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Same exact thing applies to the lesser evil voters. They surrendered everything of importance to advance liberalism. It's right there in the name. "lesser evil". They weren't opposed to evil. They didn't try to stop the advancement of evil. They just wanted evil on their timetable. Pretty selfish really.

They could have stood like men but willingly chose not to. They were exactly the people Franklin refered to about deserving neither freedom or liberty. But whats really funny is how they think that those words don't apply to them. They aren't responsible. It's always someone else responsible for the actions of the people they themselves gave power.

I guess the Democrats elected Mitch and Bhoner and Ryan and tried to elect Romney (who then went on to sabotage conservatism every day since his great fail. Certainly it was no fault of their voters. Of course not.

Post of the day and probably the week!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Same exact thing applies to the lesser evil voters....

I don't understand this argument.

Sure, there were a lot of peoole for whom Romney and McCain were not their preferred candidate, but who voted for them in the general election as a "lesser evil" than Obama.

But given that Romney (and McCain) both lost their elections, how is anything to be blamed on those who cast those losing votes? Had they not cast those votes in the general election, the only effect would have been to increase Obama's margin of victory.

So exactly what are the negative consequences of casting a losing vote for Romney for which those voters should bear "fault"?

Offline WAC

....POLITICAL REALITY.....

Offline Norm Lenhart

I don't understand this argument...

...t were a lot of people for whom Romney and McCain were not their preferred candidate, but who voted for them in the general election as a "lesser evil" than Obama.

But given that Romney (and McCain) both lost their elections, how is anything to be blamed on those who cast those losing votes? Had they not cast those votes in the general election, the only effect would have been to increase Obama's margin of victory.

So exactly what are the negative consequences of casting a losing vote for Romney for which those voters should bear "fault"?

Simple.

When your kid goes out and accidently shatters the neighbor's window playing baseball, who should bear the responsibility of his action? Little Suzie 3 blocks over playing with her puppy?

No. your kid should because it was his action that broke the window right? Because actions have consequense. Because actions require an actor by the very definition of the word.

So who should bear the responsibility of KNOWINGLY electing liberal Republicans who govern indistinguishably from an open Democrat? Should it be the person that voted them into power? Of course it should. Because actions have consequense and actions require actors. The Democrat did not try electing Romney. The Democrat did not Try electing John Mc. The Democrat did not elect Mitch and Jonbon and Ryan who gave Obama 100% of every major issue. WE did.

Some of us gave up cutting our throat long ago. I did not learn my lesson until McCain threw the election. But there hasn't been, ever, an excuse and NEVER is 'someone else' responsible for what we do. That's leftist magical thinking territory to pretend we are somehow existing outside outside the action/consequence law of nature.

So Who is responsible if not those of us that cast those votes? The people responsible.

So what is the consequence? We live in it. And we can either STOP being idiotic sheep and being led by people committed to continuing leading us to hell, or stop. Treat these people as the danger to America their actions show they are. Because at this stage, no one is unaware of the world around them. And if somehow there is, that person does not belong in an election booth.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:08:02 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You'd be more believable if you weren't holding pom-poms when you say stuff like that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ConstitutionRose

You'd be more believable if you weren't holding pom-poms when you say stuff like that.

I have to  tell you.  Your posts make me laugh all the time.  Not in scorn.  In amusement and appreciation.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online libertybele

I don't understand this argument.

Sure, there were a lot of peoole for whom Romney and McCain were not their preferred candidate, but who voted for them in the general election as a "lesser evil" than Obama.

Not quite comparing apples to apples here...for one, no one gave Romney or McCain the excessive media attention that Trump has received. I can't remember ANY presidential candidate having his 'rallies' televised.  His rallies were televised even before he was named the presumptive nominee. 

Romney was not my preferred candidate, but I didn't see him as a lesser evil than Obama, I saw him clearly as a much better choice for directing our country into a better direction and he certainly had the foresight as to where we were headed; he called it right on Putin and the caliphate. I didn't hesitate for a moment to vote for Romney.  I found him admirable, honest, knowledgeable, open, genuine and moderately conservative.  Trump doesn't possess any of those qualities; in fact I find Trump just the opposite, dishonest, deceitful, ignorant, fraudulent and a liberal.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:04:18 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

I found [Romney] admirable, honest, knowledgeable, open, genuine and moderately conservative.  Trump doesn't possess any of those qualities; in fact I find Trump just the opposite, dishonest, deceitful, ignorant, fraudulent and a liberal.

Ditto!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Silver Pines

Trump said he didn't need us, remember?  So did many Trump supporters, earlier in the game...we were told he'd win without us, that the Trump train was unstoppable.

What changed?

Online libertybele

...hmm ignorance about Trump?  Let's see...he doesn't have a clue about the Constitution or how government functions, he makes outlandish statements, i.e.,; Trump backed off his call for raising the Social Security retirement age to 70. He told 60 minutes that he would instead save Social Security by having "other countries pay for it." He is for building the wall but has softened that position (at least to the mayor of Laredo), he wants to ban Muslim refugees from coming into this country - unless they are rich Muslims.  He's running as a non-establishment candidate, but claims he needs to be a little more establishment, etc. Now, who's the ignorant one?? :silly: :silly:

I will have absolutely no problem in accepting responsibility for not voting for Trump;  I see it as my duty to my Country!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:03:45 am by libertybele »

Offline RetBobbyMI

...hmm ignorance about Trump?  Let's see...he doesn't have a clue about the Constitution or how government functions, he makes outlandish statements, i.e.,; Trump backed off his call for raising the Social Security retirement age to 70. He told 60 minutes that he would instead save Social Security by having "other countries pay for it." He is for building the wall but has softened that position (at least to the mayor of Laredo), he wants to ban Muslim refugees from coming into this country - unless they are rich Muslims.  He's running as a non-establishment candidate, but claims he needs to be a little more establishment, etc. Now, who's the ignorant one?? :silly: :silly:

I will have absolutely no problem in accepting responsibility for not voting for Trump;  I see it as my duty to my Country!
Touché!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Hoodat

Ditto for me too.  Unfortunately, there are many people in this country who are now ready to embrace fascism as long at it is their guy in charge of it.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ditto for me too.  Unfortunately, there are many people in this country who are now ready to embrace fascism as long at it is their guy in charge of it.
bttt
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.