Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122403 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump will have BOTH Democrats and Republicans looking for an excuse to impeach him for their own self-interests. He will be on a tighter leash then a democrat would.

Queen RINO Sen Lindsey F-in' Graham just came out and said we have to support Trump.  Trump gave out her cell phone number on live television, but she is behind Trump.  So is King RINO Rep Peter King of NY.  Are you sure these guys are a bulwark against the philosophically inconsistent populism that Trump says is completely negotiable?

Offline Mechanicos

Really? You're gonna go there?

You went there.  Honestly - you make Josh Earnest look like an amateur in the spin department.

Yeah going there:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proposal
something (such as a plan or suggestion) that is presented to a person or group of people to consider: the act of presenting a plan, suggestion, etc., to a person or group of people.

Suggestion, Plan and Proposal mean the same thing. Its called the English language.

I think locally.  I don't think in terms of the whole country any more, and I'm not waiting for events or decrees from potentates, courts and their oligarchies regarding what remains of my liberties.  They have no say in that matter whatsoever.  All they have are guns and hired pawns to act on their behalf.   We used to call where we now find ourselves as tyranny. Now we pretend we are free.

Perhaps others are not so lucky and selfish. Yes it is Tyranny and I see no way to avoid a civil war. It would be better tho if we do not have a few million Muslims inside the US when it happens.

Where in the Constitution are they given that kind of authority and power?   Why do you subscribe to that kind of abuse of power as having any "legitimacy"?  You're playing the game of tyranny, thinking you can get your guy into office to put the *right* guys on the court to 'completely change the direction of the country'.

That was never the intent or role SCOTUS was to have.  A Conservative would know that and not bend the knee enabling that to continue.

Of Peaceful options its the only one we really have left. Voting the bastards out has not worked.

So now he's just a hotel chain mogul worried about a lawsuit that will affect his businesses and not a candidate running for POTUS?  You just proved my whole point.  You've just illustrated that Trump will not stand on principle when threat and risk of lawsuits are involved, even if it is the right thing to do.  He will defer to the easier way out and lecture us that perverts and privacy are mutually exclusive and that the pervert has the right to invade privacy at their own discretion.  Sorry - you do not convince your point.

he can do no good if hes derailed by the GayStapo. A smart strategist knows you pick your battles. This is not a battle to be fought during the election. There is No return for the risk.

Please, don't insult our intelligence. You're belittling yourself.   Trump said nothing like that at all.  In fact just a few hours after that list was released Trump said that he may instead nominate someone else who is not on that list.  That was not the result of media-pushback or Trump clarifying that he may run into confirmation problems in the Senate.  Trump offered that statement just a few hours after his team released it.

Actually he did, he alluded to they would be of the same types as he has proposed. It only Bias that creates the fiction its a walk back.

Yawn.  Already been going on for 8 years with the full approval, funding and enabling of the Republican Party. 

Hildabeast doesn't scare me.  I know what she is.

I also know where we have arrived as a country - and why Trump has a fanatical mob following whom love his vulgarity and insulting attacks upon everything any everyone that questions him or poses a political risk to Trump.

Its not Hillary you should be worried about, its who controls her. Mullahs and Soros.

Trump scares me more.  I think his rabid supporters have actually warranted my fears even moreso than Trump himself has.

I want no part of it.  I won't support or enable him or his campaign.

No.  I don't believe that for a moment.  Once Trump shows them the amazing 'deals' he is going to make with them, Trump will finally be able to be a member of their exclusive oligarchy that they tried so hard to keep him out of because he was not groomed from among them.  That, and Trump did tell us that he will have no problems working with Pelosi, Reid and Schumer but would absolutely be unable to work with someone as nasty as Ted Cruz.  In one fell swoop, Trump showed the Establishment he hated Conservatives as much as they do and considered himself a colleague of those who brought us to this point.

And, I'm doubtful Trump will do anything which would risk his impeachment if Trump today will not risk a lawsuit from a bunch of perverts in Homosexual cities he has businesses in.

Principles are never wrong when moored with morality and our foundations.  And since I am not voting for either of them - I'm not contributing to any evils they may perpetrate.

What can DC offer Trump he does not already have better already? 

Evil and wicked people will do what they are going to do in a morally degenerate and historically ignorant society. They will go their own way, and seek their desires by whatever means they demand.  A single vote from me is not going to make any difference in a post-Constitutional, post-velvet coup dictatorship empowered by an oligarchy, especially it is not the votes cast that matters.   Since Cook County went national, it is the votes counted from the living, the dead and the imaginary that matters.

I agree there is much vote fraud, saying that I am willing to try a peaceful solution here. I have been in combat, nobody who knows it wants to go thru it again if it can be helped.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Perhaps others are not so lucky and selfish. Yes it is Tyranny and I see no way to avoid a civil war. It would be better tho if we do not have a few million Muslims inside the US when it happens.

Too late.  On all counts. 

The only question that remains to be seen is whether or this people resist what will continue to be done to them in every-increasing torques, or if they willingly walk themselves to boxcars, gulags, and/or oblivion out of vain hopes that someone will save them.

Of Peaceful options its the only one we really have left. Voting the bastards out has not worked.

There are those who believe Article V is our last option.

I am not of that opinion.  The lawless in power will never permit restraints to be put upon them in the name of the law.  Never.  Fact of history.

You cannot stop tyranny via civil means.

he can do no good if hes derailed by the GayStapo. A smart strategist knows you pick your battles. This is not a battle to be fought during the election.

Neither do we trust that he will decide that it is a battle to be fought at all.  If he will not do so when running for office in a primary to win over his base, we can assume he will not do so while in office either.  We have absolutely no confidence he has any principles that we are beholden to, that he will stand up for if they are not in his personal interest.

Actually he did, he alluded to they would be of the same types as he has proposed. It only Bias that creates the fiction its a walk back.

Not the perception he left with me, and a host of others. 

Its not Hillary you should be worried about, its who controls her. Mullahs and Soros.

I'm aware they currently influence the Executive and much of Congress and have their foot soldiers spread throughout the government and country.

The leaders of the Velvet coup are expecting a counter-revolution from us.  They have already prepared for that contingency.

That does not remove the concerns I have about what motivates or influences Trump.  Given what he has displayed - I remain of the opinion I have more to fear from him and his followers than I do from Hildabeast and her handlers.  As you alluded, Civil Wars are ugly and brutal.

What can DC offer Trump he does not already have better already? 

Power.  Power to decree law, punish those nations and companies he deems worthy to punish in the name of American workers and jobs, reward those he determines deserve reward and make the country into his image and likeness as he sees fit, even if it benefits those he has funded in the past - and get away with it because the populace believes he is a great businessman who knows what he is doing.

I agree there is much vote fraud, saying that I am willing to try a peaceful solution here. I have been in combat, nobody who knows it wants to go thru it again if it can be helped.

I no longer believe the ballot box is an honest means of redress in this post-Constitutional society any longer.  Elections do not bring peace as the last 8 years have demonstrated. Neither does it change the course of stopping tyranny as the last 4 years have proven.  Rather the oligarchy does what it will in complete contempt of us. 

More than half the populace wants a pound of our flesh and our wealth and the other third want revenge and punishment on those they blame for it all. A significant majority find no use for the Constitution and want their political champion to circumvent it on their behalf.  A vast majority are ignorant of our true history and heritage, and nearly all the people in this land no longer share a common belief, faith or shared understanding of what liberty as intended actually means.  Your neighbors do not trust you with liberty and our posterity has been taught to hate what made this the most powerful and prosperous nation on earth in all human history.

The math is not hard except for those who do not want to accept what it adds up to because it is too horrible to contemplate.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:02:37 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What decent man did Trump and his followers smear?

I can think of two right off the bat.  One of whom he compared to a child molester.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And following the law means nothing.

What law was violated?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline libertybele

Interesting.  The ones that 'lost' are actually the American people big time.  Cruz as a presidential candidate lost.  Trump won, or at least he is presumed to be our nominee.  Cruz gained a new respect in the Senate.  He now has name recognition, which he didn't before.  He is seen as a Constitutional conservative. People who got to know him, know that he says what he means and he means what he says. Above all else, he retained his dignity, honor and integrity...so in that light, compared to Trump, he actually won.  And he won big!  Those who bolstered Trump, will bear that responsibility going forward.  Amen!!

Cruz. Reigniting the Promise of America.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:10:21 pm by Mod1 »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Henry Noel

So now he's just a hotel chain mogul worried about a lawsuit that will affect his businesses and not a candidate running for POTUS?  You just proved my whole point.  You've just illustrated that Trump will not stand on principle when threat and risk of lawsuits are involved, even if it is the right thing to do.  He will defer to the easier way out and lecture us that perverts and privacy are mutually exclusive and that the pervert has the right to invade privacy at their own discretion.  Sorry - you do not convince your point.

Imagine any one of the billionaire moguls who donate big money to Hillary Clinton in the hope of some quid pro quo finding himself President of the United States. He wouldn't need his quids to get his quos.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I'm not going to quote your post because it's obscene and stupid all at once.   It's hard to strike that balance, but you managed. 

You need to figure out why you're so angry that you feel the need to post this kind of stuff.

Offline libertybele

I'm not going to quote your post because it's obscene and stupid all at once.   It's hard to strike that balance, but you managed. 

You need to figure out why you're so angry that you feel the need to post this kind of stuff.

:beer: :beer:  :amen:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline olde north church

puppies kittens chicks and bunnies
probably get booted for this too
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline libertybele

Queen RINO Sen Lindsey F-in' Graham just came out and said we have to support Trump.  Trump gave out her cell phone number on live television, but she is behind Trump.  So is King RINO Rep Peter King of NY.  Are you sure these guys are a bulwark against the philosophically inconsistent populism that Trump says is completely negotiable?

I have little doubt that the RINO's are realizing that Trump is willing to keep the 'cartel' status quo and isn't the so-called outsider as he at first proclaimed himself to be.  All are very good at pretending we still are a two party system.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I have little doubt that the RINO's are realizing that Trump is willing to keep the 'cartel' status quo and isn't the so-called outsider as he at first proclaimed himself to be.  All are very good at pretending we still are a two party system.
Until these people feel pressure or a threat from the right, they will continue their path to implosion.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Until these people feel pressure or a threat from the right, they will continue their path to implosion.

As long as the GOP keeps nominating people like Trump...they'll never feel any pressure at all.

Offline RetBobbyMI

As long as the GOP keeps nominating people like Trump...they'll never feel any pressure at all.
That's my point.  The pressure needs to come from outside the GOP, to their right. The GOP as it is now is a lost cause.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

That's my point.  The pressure needs to come from outside the GOP, to their right. The GOP as it is now is a lost cause.

Trump's objective was to hijack the GOP.  I still believe that the Constitutional conservative principles and the core values upon which this country was founded will eventually prevail; it just may not happen under the 'GOP' umbrella.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I don't really believe it is "the GOP" that matters.  It's the voters who nominate and elect these guys.  There's this logic sometimes that the party "needs to be taught a lesson", or "pressured", but I think that entire paradigm is wrong because the GOP is not some monolithic entity with a hive mind.  There is nobody to learn the lesson because what we are really talking about his the collective votes of all the millions of people who make up the party, and they're not going to be "taught" anything.  They all have their own issues, preferences, beliefs, and hot-button issues.  And those can swing pretty dramatically based upon a whole bunch of factors, including things as mundane as the personal charisma of a particular candidate.

My point is that the idea that the party can/should be "taught a lesson" do they better people get nominated is fighting a foe that does not exist.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I don't really believe it is "the GOP" that matters.  It's the voters who nominate and elect these guys.  There's this logic sometimes that the party "needs to be taught a lesson", or "pressured", but I think that entire paradigm is wrong because the GOP is not some monolithic entity with a hive mind.  There is nobody to learn the lesson because what we are really talking about his the collective votes of all the millions of people who make up the party, and they're not going to be "taught" anything.  They all have their own issues, preferences, beliefs, and hot-button issues.  And those can swing pretty dramatically based upon a whole bunch of factors, including things as mundane as the personal charisma of a particular candidate.

My point is that the idea that the party can/should be "taught a lesson" do they better people get nominated is fighting a foe that does not exist.
So the alternative, since it can't be done from within anymore, is to vote for a candidate and/or a party to the right of the "current" GOP.  If enough voters would vote this way, the GOP wouldn't think that the DemRats are their only competition, hence drawing it to the left.  Much the same way Bernie Saunders is dragging the DemRats further left, someone needs to drag the GOP back to the right, OR just forget them altogether if enough conservative voters can band together.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So the alternative, since it can't be done from within anymore, is to vote for a candidate and/or a party to the right of the "current" GOP.  If enough voters would vote this way, the GOP wouldn't think that the DemRats are their only competition, hence drawing it to the left.  Much the same way Bernie Saunders is dragging the DemRats further left, someone needs to drag the GOP back to the right, OR just forget them altogether if enough conservative voters can band together.

Okay, look at what happened with Bernie, because that's exactly my point.  It is happening during the primary process, and is forcing Hillary to move left to appease some of his voters, to win the nomination and hold their support for the upcoming general election.  That's a perfectly viable strategy that I think can work very easily.

Where I think it falls apart is when you get to "protest votes" in the general election.  Either sitting home, or voting for the other guy.  I don't think that message gets sent, or received.  Because the reality is that each election is different -- its own entity independent of how "protest votes" were cast in the last election.  And voters make their decisions and cast their votes based on what they hear that election only.

So I think the whole logic of "we can't keep nominating these people or the party won't get the message" misses the mark.  Because the day after the election, nobody is going to care about who voted, and why.  All they're going to care about is who won, and as 2020, what those candidates are saying then.  Nobody will care about 2016.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Okay, look at what happened with Bernie, because that's exactly my point.  It is happening during the primary process, and is forcing Hillary to move left to appease some of his voters, to win the nomination and hold their support for the upcoming general election.  That's a perfectly viable strategy that I think can work very easily.

Where I think it falls apart is when you get to "protest votes" in the general election.  Either sitting home, or voting for the other guy.  I don't think that message gets sent, or received.  Because the reality is that each election is different -- its own entity independent of how "protest votes" were cast in the last election.  And voters make their decisions and cast their votes based on what they hear that election only.

So I think the whole logic of "we can't keep nominating these people or the party won't get the message" misses the mark.  Because the day after the election, nobody is going to care about who voted, and why.  All they're going to care about is who won, and as 2020, what those candidates are saying then.  Nobody will care about 2016.

Where your argument isn't entirely true, is if for example the Constitution Party were to get 10-20%, Libertarian Party another 15-20%, neither of the current "two" parties would get a majority of the total vote.  But would in fact tell the GOP they are heading in the wrong direction.  Me, I prefer the Constitution over Libertarian or GOP.  Both are too socially liberal.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Where your argument isn't entirely true, is if for example the Constitution Party were to get 10-20%, Libertarian Party another 15-20%, neither of the current "two" parties would get a majority of the total vote.  But would in fact tell the GOP they are heading in the wrong direction.  Me, I prefer the Constitution over Libertarian or GOP.  Both are too socially liberal.

Look, the GOP doesn't care what you or I think.  They hold us in the same contempt that the Democrats do. They are never going to 'get the message' - because they don't care about Conservatives.  They are embarrassed by Conservatives.   They want us as gone from their party as the Democrats do.  It's why they got Jeb to say he was going to win the election without the 'base'.  They do not want us.

So no, they are never going to get the 'message' even if a third party got 40% of the vote.

They would join with the Democrats publicly and behind the scenes (as McConnell is so expert at doing)  to thwart third party 'outsiders' from threatening their gravy train.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RetBobbyMI

Look, the GOP doesn't care what you or I think.  They hold us in the same contempt that the Democrats do. They are never going to 'get the message' - because they don't care about Conservatives.  They are embarrassed by Conservatives.   They want us as gone from their party as the Democrats do.  It's why they got Jeb to say he was going to win the election without the 'base'.  They do not want us.

So no, they are never going to get the 'message' even if a third party got 40% of the vote.

They would join with the Democrats publicly and behind the scenes (as McConnell is so expert at doing)  to thwart third party 'outsiders' from threatening their gravy train.
I am in total agreement. I am not trying to push the GOP, quite the opposite. I will go by way of the Constitution Party. Not that I agree with 100 % of their platform, but because it is more in line with my beliefs, morals and brand of conservative thinking than any other party. By a long shot!

Offline libertybele

The only way the Washington cartel is going to get the message is if enough people vote them out and enough of them lose their seats.  They could care less if it's Trump or Hillary -- both joined the country club along time ago.  This isn't going to be done in one or two election cycles and it appears that it is far from becoming a reality.  Voting conservative at the state and local level is much more feasible and effective. While a Convention of States is risky it's about the only option we really have left.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:42:17 pm by libertybele »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The only way the Washington cartel is going to get the message is if enough people vote them out and enough of them lose their seats.  They could care less if it's Trump or Hillary -- both joined the country club along time ago.  This isn't going to be done in one or two election cycles and it appears that it is far from becoming a reality.  Voting conservative at the state and local level is much more feasible and effective. While a Convention of States is risky it's about the only option we really have left.

Yes, a Convention of States is probably the only legal option we have left.  We need to do it.  @libertybele, do you know much about it?  Can we start a thread for it? 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

If we agree that the Federal Beast is corrupt, and has corrupted our institutions and installed an oligarchy and a dictatorship in the Executive …. why do we continue to put faith in the belief we can vote out corrupt tyrants or put our faith in the legitimacy of the election system???

Look, I lived in Cook County once upon a time - served as a precinct captain long ago.  That institutional corruption has gone NATIONAL.  You've seen your last legit national election.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
If we agree that the Federal Beast is corrupt, and has corrupted our institutions and installed an oligarchy and a dictatorship in the Executive …. why do we continue to put faith in the belief we can vote out corrupt tyrants or put our faith in the legitimacy of the election system???

Look, I lived in Cook County once upon a time - served as a precinct captain long ago.  That institutional corruption has gone NATIONAL.  You've seen your last legit national election.

Born and raised in Chicago.  Lifelong Republican in the town of the democrat machine and voter fraud.
Principles matter. Words matter.