Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122219 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nope.

Hillary's the enemy.

You keep repeating that mob, traitor, line 'em up and shoot 'em rhetoric about Trumpers - I've asked for links to such terrible talk.  Would like to see that myself!

Links?

I was quoting directly from Mechanios' post earlier in this thread.  He referred to those that don't support Trump as supporters of the "real enemy" Hillary.

So now in his thinking...WE are the enemy because we don't bow at the alter of Orange Wonderful.

ONC said to me about a page ago in this thread that the only hope for me was "re-education".

it doesn't get more Stalinist/Maoist than that.

You don't like the talk...tell your fellow Trumpers to knock it off.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I don't even understand why they care about that meme at all.  Sure, there are a lot of former Cruz supporters and others who won't vote for Trump no matter what.  They are a lost cause as far as the Trump campaign is concerned.  But there are also a lot of "maybe Trump" types out there who really are persuadable.  But Trump/supporters who just can't let go of the "Lyin' Ted" meme are just further alienating those people.  It's senseless.

Good luck trying to explain that to them.

We are the "enemy"; "traitors" - deserving of punishment for treason according to their most vocal acolytes out in the forum world and on social media.

The concept of winning over "maybe Trump" doesn't compute in their minds because as they have told us - either everyone is for Trump or we are aiding and abetting treason for the enemy and will be 'dealt with later'.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:40:05 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/politics/at-new-york-reception-ted-cruz-is-said-to-strike-different-tone-toward-gays.html
http://austinist.com/2012/07/06/ted_cruzs_big_gay_donor.php

Dude....

This is why I hate this election.  The more I listen to pissed-off Cruz supporters, the more I feel like voting for Trump.  And the more I listen to pissed-off Trump supporters, the more I feel like not voting for Trump.  Both sides seem perfectly willing to trash the truth just to get in their digs.  The pleasure in watching each side be disappointed is sooooo tempting....

That meme is an utter crock.  Completely debunked, and actually appeared on Facebook from a website with a disclaimer stating that it was for "entertainment purposes only".  Did you even attempt to verify the validity of it before posting it?

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2015/apr/08/facebook-posts/meme-facebook-says-ted-cruz-declared-no-place-gays/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:43:58 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline GrouchoTex

Thats the picture. I cannot confirm where it was said. Are you denying Cruz is two faced on this issue telling Christians one thing and his Gay mega donors the opposite?

Your picture shows Liberty U. with the date on it, and it is false. Period. End of story.

You are spreading a lie.

And, I might add, a lie about something that took place over a year ago.

I am done. I will not re-run the Cruz campaign anymore.
Your other question is frankly a religious question that the constitution doesn't deal with, thereby left to the states via 10th amendment, or Article 5, but I don't want to fight this anymore.

Frankly, it is left up to the Trump and Clinton campaigns to tell us where they stand on this issue now.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:46:52 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Posted by: txradioguy
« on: Today at 03:34:08 PM »

Quote from: alicewonders on Today at 03:31:08 PM
Nope.

Hillary's the enemy.

You keep repeating that mob, traitor, line 'em up and shoot 'em rhetoric about Trumpers - I've asked for links to such terrible talk.  Would like to see that myself!

Links?

I was quoting directly from Mechanios' post earlier in this thread.  He referred to those that don't support Trump as supporters of the "real enemy" Hillary.

So now in his thinking...WE are the enemy because we don't bow at the alter of Orange Wonderful.

ONC said to me about a page ago in this thread that the only hope for me was "re-education".

I wasn't replying to you - I was replying to INVAR!

Quote from: INVAR on Today at 03:06:24 PM
Well, after all - we are "the enemy" of the people, according to them.

Why shouldn't we expect Mao treatment at the hands of such a mob?

I've asked for the third time now for links showing that Trump supporters have said that NeverTrumpers are traitors, should be lined up and shot, blah, blah, blah.  Three times now.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Did you even attempt to verify the validity of it before posting it?

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2015/apr/08/facebook-posts/meme-facebook-says-ted-cruz-declared-no-place-gays/

No he didn't.  It's a flat out lie that he will do his very best to hold onto the thinnest of straws to claim is the truth.

that's Exhibit A as to why you still have "pissed-off Cruz supporters"...the Trump supporters don't know how to win graciously.  It's too much for them to win with dignity and move on and maybe extend an olive branch to people who supported Cruz to possibly get us to pull the lever for him in November.

They are having too much fun with the schoolyard childish BS and showing that the Left doesn't have the market cornered when it comes to low information voters.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Good luck trying to explain that to them.

We are the "enemy"; "traitors" - deserving of punishment for treason according to their most vocal acolytes out in the forum world and on social media.

The concept of winning over "maybe Trump" doesn't compute in their minds because as they have told us - either everyone is for Trump or we are aiding and abetting treason for the enemy and will be 'dealt with later'.

Its a valid point because several people who call themselves GOP have come out for Hillary already.

Thanks for admitting what you people are insisting those of us who refuse to vote for Trump are in your estimation.

The Mao and Lil' Benito references to you people are so very appropriate and accurate to describe the zealotry and mob fanaticism you display.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Posted by: txradioguy
« on: Today at 03:34:08 PM »

I wasn't replying to you - I was replying to INVAR!

I've asked for the third time now for links showing that Trump supporters have said that NeverTrumpers are traitors, should be lined up and shot, blah, blah, blah.  Three times now.

And yet I answered your question and you refuse to accept that I provided what you asked for.

Funny how that works.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
And yet I answered your question and you refuse to accept that I provided what you asked for.

Funny how that works.

You're not the one that keeps saying that Trump wants people lined up and shot - are you?  Have you said that?  IF you have - I will ask you for links please?  No one on this site has said that - that I am aware of.  That's why I would like to see it for myself. 

It's not too much to ask, is it?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

No he didn't.  It's a flat out lie that he will do his very best to hold onto the thinnest of straws to claim is the truth.

I'd never heard of/scene that meme until this thread.  It was a such a bizarre, over the top statement that it seemed it would have been plastered all over everywhere had he actually said it.  So I googled it, and it literally took me 15 seconds to find something debunking it.

I tell my mom this all the time -- if you read something that strikes you as unbelievably outrageous, then you probably should trust your instincts and be skeptical until it is verified.  What's happening here is that a lot of people on both sides of the Trump/Cruz fight are jettisoning their normal skepticism, and just accepting anything negative about the other guy.  And that benefits nobody.

that's Exhibit A as to why you still have "pissed-off Cruz supporters"...the Trump supporters don't know how to win graciously.  It's too much for them to win with dignity and move on and maybe extend an olive branch to people who supported Cruz to possibly get us to pull the lever for him in November.

In fairness, I've seen more than one critique of Trump on here that is also based on dodgy sourcing, or twisted interpretations of what he said.  It is going both ways, and the partisans on each side keep ramping it up to continue the fight.

And I'll say this -- I wasn't a fan of either of these guys in the primary, and this kind of zealotry is validating that opinion.

Offline Mechanicos

Thanks for admitting what you people are insisting those of us who refuse to vote for Trump are in your estimation.

The Mao and Lil' Benito references to you people are so very appropriate and accurate to describe the zealotry and mob fanaticism you display.
You have very selective filters for what you let get thru. NOBODY called you the enemy NOBODY called you a traitor, NOBODY wants to line you up against a wall.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

My dear, without sending you across the hinterlands of the internet, just read the reply 516 up above from Mechanicos.  He already admits that it is a valid charge that never Trump voters are traitors.

That said - as this very thread illustrates - it's pointless to throw links or pearls before those who have already trampled underfoot every link and proof provided to counter the smears from Trump's Squadrisi here.

But you can go to TOS, Breitbart's and Hoft's commentary section, Facebook and myriad other former "Conservative" forums that have gone in the tank for Trump to read the subtle, the direct and the promises of what Trump's mob declares neverTrump to be and what they would like to do to those who will not vote for their King Presumptive.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:00:46 pm by INVAR »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You're not the one that keeps saying that Trump wants people lined up and shot - are you?  Have you said that?  IF you have - I will ask you for links please?  No one on this site has said that - that I am aware of.  That's why I would like to see it for myself. 

It's not too much to ask, is it?

You asked for proof that things like that were being said.  I provided two instances on this very thread.  One from Mech and one from ONC.  They are right there for you to read with your own eyes.

But you want to move the goalposts in order to not be wrong.

Offline olde north church

Are you for effin' real?
Typical Cruz and supporter.  Instigate and whine.  Instigate and whine.
Par for the course.  Everything Cruz says is metaphor or symbol.  Whatever Trump says is Torah tight.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Mechanicos

You asked for proof that things like that were being said.  I provided two instances on this very thread.  One from Mech and one from ONC.  They are right there for you to read with your own eyes.

But you want to move the goalposts in order to not be wrong.
You misquoted me to slide your argument around.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline GrouchoTex

Thats the picture. I cannot confirm where it was said. Are you denying Cruz is two faced on this issue telling Christians one thing and his Gay mega donors the opposite?

You can't even confirm if it was said, but never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Offline Mechanicos

Are you for effin' real?
Par for the course.  Everything Cruz says is metaphor or symbol.  Whatever Trump says is Torah tight.
#neverTrump is Losing, Trump is winning and they are getting more upset and angry everyday. This will escalate and contine I suspect until Trump is named the Nominee....

Online Maj. Bill Martin

No I did [not] try to verify it because its not the issue.

If you post a meme with that kind of text on it, it is "the issue" whether that was your intention or not.

It is very damaging to a core platform of #neverTrump. If the false perception of Cruz's image as a Bible Thumper and as a Constitutional Conservative is questioned you lose many of the Cruz supporters for #neverTrump.

Of course, since Cruz isn't going to be the nominee, whether or not he was a true blue "bible-thumper" or not isn't of much relevance any more.  But what is damaging to the Trump platform is the seeming inability of him and so many of his supporters to just let fecal matter go.

Wake up.  People who don't like Trump (whether because they preferred Cruz or for some other reason) don't need anything from Trump or his supporters.  They don't care whether or not you like them or their candidate because their guy isn't going to be running.  But Trump, and his supporters, certainly want something from those who are not yet supporting Trump.  Specifically, you want (or should want if you're rational) their votes and support.  It is up to the guy who won to rally support to him, not the other way around.  The sooner you guys realize that those who "lost" have no obligation to support your guy, the sooner you might start thinking of ways to convince at least some of them to support Trump.

As it is, the tone of the debate from a lot of Trump supporters is alienating people, and confirming some of their worries about Trump as a candidate.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:08:07 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline GrouchoTex

#neverTrump is Losing, Trump is winning and they are getting more upset and angry everyday. This will escalate and contine I suspect until Trump is named the Nominee....

All I can do is repeat this:

"Frankly, it is left up to the Trump and Clinton campaigns to tell us where they stand on this issue now."

...and all the other issues, as well.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Wake up.  People who don't like Trump (whether because they preferred Cruz or for some other reason) don't need anything from Trump or his supporters.  They don't care whether or not you like them or their candidate because their guy isn't going to be running.  But Trump, and his supporters, certainly want something from those who are not yet supporting Trump.  Specifically, you want (or should want if you're rational) their votes and support.  It is up to the guy who won to rally support to him, not the other way around.  The sooner you guys realize that those who "lost" have no obligation to support your guy, the sooner you might start thinking of ways to convince at least some of them to support Trump.

As it is, the tone of the debate from a lot of Trump supporters is alienating people, and confirming some of their worries about Trump as a candidate.

Best explanation of what the current situation is I've read yet.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Are you for effin' real?

Tantrum much?

So now you're denying you said that?

You're denying that you busted out with this little gem:

I'm under the impression only de-programming will be of any assistance.

I said and did nothing to "instigate" that kid of Maois response from you.

Pure projection on your part.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You have very selective filters for what you let get thru. NOBODY called you the enemy NOBODY called you a traitor, NOBODY wants to line you up against a wall.

If you say so. 

The truth is, it wouldn't matter if someone said all of the above right here in this thread.

You would discount it, declare it is not what they meant in context, declare us paranoid for taking their words at face value and then submit a barrage of Gifs and pics to ridicule the fact we dared pointing it out. 

I call you Squadrisi for a reason.

Offline GrouchoTex

Pay attention: The issue is Cruz lying. The Sub issue is Did Cruz say one thing to Christian supporters and something else to his Gay mega donors that shows he lied to the first Group? Attacking me will not change the issue.

No, frankly, the issue was you posting a lie.
You have a picture, with a quote, a place, and a date, that just did not happen.
Pay attention.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
NOBODY called you the enemy

A certain someone did...in this very thread.

But like everything else they post...they deny and lie about what they've said and posted.