Author Topic: Cruz: Those who bolstered Trump 'will bear that responsibility going forward'  (Read 122067 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

And what If I'm a Mac user '''

Then you have more problems than anyone but God can fix ;)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Then you have more problems than anyone but God can fix ;)

Especially when Lil' Benito dumps a massive punitive tax on Apple products because they operate overseas instead of where he demands they must operate.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

@INVAR   

PM me immediately!!   That's some heady sh*t you got going on there!

Maybe we can work something out?       

:laugh:

You might find it funny, however I/likeminded people had one freeper say we should be taken out and shot for refusing to elect the guy that profits from the incineration of the dead babies his laws as Governor created. And if you browse FR, you will find several of your fellow Trump travelers openly claiming us non Trump people 'traitors' who should 'get the treatment' given to traitors.

In case your grasp of American history is lacking, I shall educate you. That 'treatment' is death.

So don't laugh too hard there sport. That is unless you agree with what the fanatical wing of your candidate's supporters are saying openly.

A-Lert

You might find it funny, however I/likeminded people had one freeper say we should be taken out and shot for refusing to elect the guy that profits from the incineration of the dead babies his laws as Governor created. And if you browse FR, you will find several of your fellow Trump travelers openly claiming us non Trump people 'traitors' who should 'get the treatment' given to traitors.

In case your grasp of American history is lacking, I shall educate you. That 'treatment' is death.

So don't laugh too hard there sport. That is unless you agree with what the fanatical wing of your candidate's supporters are saying openly.

That poster has been ptoperly vetted?

Offline Norm Lenhart

On the Romney thing? Sure. Longtime freeper Lakeshark. July 14 - 16. I forget the date but it's I believe the 14th.  Mods were made aware. Robinson was made aware by several people. It was later discussed on threads Robinson was on and there is no way he missed it even if he somehow did not read his email. That post remained and he suffered zero consequence. Check his FR post history. It's likely still there. Message was a reply to "Logical Me"

As for the Trump posters, They are all members in good standing over there. And remain so. Several of those comments were reposted here on the Welcome thread last week IIRC.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

True Believers will never recognize nor admit any such threats exist, and when proven that such threats have been made, directs and subtle, they laugh it off as just paranoia.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

True Believers will never recognize nor admit any such threats exist, and when proven that such threats have been made, directs and subtle, they laugh it off as just paranoia.

Well the dictator types always manage to rid themselves rather permanently of those who the history books refer to as 'useful idiots' once power is grabbed. So if they want to Darwin themselves, I feel as an American that I should allow them the freedom to participate in their delusions and nominate them post-humously.

A-Lert

On the Romney thing? Sure. Longtime freeper Lakeshark. July 14 - 16. I forget the date but it's I believe the 14th.  Mods were made aware. Robinson was made aware by several people. It was later discussed on threads Robinson was on and there is no way he missed it even if he somehow did not read his email. That post remained and he suffered zero consequence. Check his FR post history. It's likely still there. Message was a reply to "Logical Me"

As for the Trump posters, They are all members in good standing over there. And remain so. Several of those comments were reposted here on the Welcome thread last week IIRC.

Romney thing? How long ago was that? I believed you were referring to something recent.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Romney thing? How long ago was that? I believed you were referring to something recent.

In July 2015, we had a deranged Romney supporter declare that we should be killed for voting in a manner inconsistent with their wishes.

In the last couple months of 2016, the same intent was put forth in support of a different candidate. I'm not sure how much more recent you require for relevance.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

...but before your execution you will get a delicious last meal from the Trump Tower Grill...made out of hispanics.

A-Lert

It's sometimes difficult to track this down, but many cars with American nameplates include parts/components manufactured overseas.  Tariffs will also add to the cost of steel and any other imported raw materials.  So, it is entirely possible that Trump's proposed tariffs will increase the price of those vehicles.

Those vehicles  prices increase every year with or without increased tariffs.

Offline libertybele

Properly vetted?  Seriously?  Are you trying to tell me that Trump supporters have properly vetted Trump?  That's a joke. He's been as well vetted as Barrack HUSSEIN Obama!  With the violence that Trump has projected at his rallies this mindset from some of his supporters doesn't surprise me in the least.

Funny thing, you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep.  #NeverTrump

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:41:12 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

Trump does not feel he needs to ask God Himself for forgiveness- one more reason to view him negatively.
Fixed it for you.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I am simply stating that 53% of the voters in Texas DID NOT WANT TED CRUZ. 

You cannot accurately make that statement.    You are attempting to "lead"  the facts as one would a witness.   You can only accurately say that 17% preferred Rubio,  and 31% preferred Trump.   There is no proof at all that they "didn't want"   Cruz,   there is proof that they did, in the fact that he is a Senator,  meaning he got better than 50% of the vote previously.   

There is no proof at all that they didn't want him,   they just wanted someone else more.   Without those other people in the race,   they may very well have wanted him just fine.   

Please do not attempt to manipulate the facts to fit your preferred narrative.   You are arguing a non-sequitur.   

If Cruz wants to be reelected to the Senate, he needs to pay attention to THIS number, and not concern himself anymore with Trump's victory.

You keep trying to force this to be about "bitterness"  rather than a clear and objective reading of the fact that Donald Trump has  a habit of saying whatever he feels he needs to say at the time. 

Donald Trump is not a conservative.   I will be shocked if he actually proceeds to enact a conservative agenda.    What I expect him to do is to make deals with Big Government Democrats,   they same as I would expect from any New York Big City Liberal.   

Ted Cruz is merely pointing out,  and accurately I might add,   that those people who think they have nominated someone who is going to support their agenda,   will be very disappointed.   

That is exactly the prediction I am going to  make,  and I am going to be supporting Trump this fall.   He's better than Hillary,  but that's about all I can say about him. 

I expect him to do a "George HW Bush"  on us,  except much worse.     
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:22:25 pm by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You cannot accurately make that statement. 

Of course I can.   Everything else is spin.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:06:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DiogenesLamp

Aligning yourself with Marxists to promote one of their Sacraments doesn't exactly inspire Conservative confidence.

When this "Global Warming"  crap first appeared,   only the very astute (such as Limbaugh)   might have been able to perceive that it was a left wing vehicle for power and control.    We were being presented it as if it were a legitimate scientific concern with a valid set of data to support it.   

Now in the intervening years,  those of us who have been paying attention realize it's a crap theory that is unsupported by facts and evidence,  and that it is merely a left wing effort to gull people into handing them massive power.   

But not everyone has figured this out,  and i'm not going to call people stupid or treasonous just because they have fallen for the constant bombardment of us by pseudo-scientific crap. 

I hate crowds and mobs, most often they are emotional blobs of euphoria or anger that I tend to stay clear of or oppose.  Perhaps I am uninformed, but I posted an actual visual example of what I was informed about.

I did that for awhile with a lot of folks I voted for over the years that started out Conservative - but ended up raving Lefties and staunch Protectors of the Oligarchy. 

There is a powerful herd mentality in Washington D.C.  and the entire social framework over there constantly bombards everyone with the premise that left-wing ideas are correct.   It's weird,   and it affects all but the strongest with it's insidious effect,  and even them it wears down over time.   

I've been to Washington D.C.,  and I felt the effects of the local news broadcasts and newspaper articles.   They simply present everything left-wing as "normal"   and the corrosive influence this has on otherwise clear thinking individuals is apparent in how many people we keep losing to this influence.   

There is this magical thing that happens to just about everyone that breathes the air at Mordor on the Potomac for any extended period of time.  So I reserve my skepticism at all times.

I think you know exactly what I mean.    Yes,   it is a sort of Mordor,  where just being their starts tampering with your mind and with your thinking.    It's like there is some sort of evil spell on the place.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

First off most Trump supporters aren't blind. We see the imperfect candidate. We also see a congress and POTUS that repeatedly let us down, lied  and broke promises.

And this I fully understand.   In addition to this,   many people are working on a priority basis.   Economic issues and Immigration issues are front and foremost.   What good does it do us to make headway on social issues if we have an economic collapse?     

A lot of Trump supporters have deliberately chosen to put out the fire before worrying about the rot.   If you can't save the nation from a fire,   the rot isn't going to matter anyways.   

The SOS over and over again. You accuse Trump of being a fake conservative because  he isn't conservative enough for you. (NeverTrumps seem to believe they are perfect) He supports securing our borders, the 2nd Amendment, strengthening our military and fair trade.

So he says,  but will he really do it?   The probabilities are not looking so good.   He's already backtracking on the Muslim ban and trying to sound conciliatory about the fence.     Does he have any absolutely core values that he will defend and support no matter what?   

I can't tell,   and I doubt that anyone else can tell for sure.    Trump is a "Joker",   meaning a "Wild Card"   whom we can't really tell will help us or not. 

I'll take that over the broken promises, pledges and lies that we've been handed  the last few decades. Trump is going to be the GOP candidate and there are a number of people more conservative and intelligent  than you who support Trump's candidacy.

I can see Trump as a protest vote.   After all,  how much worse can he be than bastards like McConnell or Boehner?   The thing I most like about him is the fact that the Establishment people didn't want him. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

He's not a politician.

What are you talking about?  Of course he is.   He's one of the best i've ever seen.   He's been politicking all his life,   it just wasn't in government,  it was in business and real estate.   He's good at it.   He's a natural. 

I've put my faith and trust in politicians for years and have been constantly disappointed. I'm willing to give a businessman a chance. He's far from being perfect, but imperfect and irreverent is what I believe is needed to get this country back on track.

I can't believe you don't think he's a "politician."   Yes,  he comes from "business",   but that is a form of politics in and of itself.    He's a D@mn shrewd one,  and has been for most of his life. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Of course I can.   Everything else is spin.

"Spin"  is saying that a man wasn't wanted because the vote was split three different ways.   Back in 1992,   Ross Perot split the Libertarian vote off from the George HW Bush vote and allowed Clinton to win on a plurality.   

Had Ross Perot not been in the race,  that Libertarian vote would have ended up in the George HW Bush column,  and we would have avoided the Clinton disaster.   

Stop trying to "spin"  the primary as proof that Texas didn't want Cruz.   Obviously they did,  and I expect he will be reelected again.   Had Rubio not been in the Primary,   I expect Cruz to have run away with it in Texas.   

— Lord Melbourne —

A-Lert

Properly vetted?  Seriously?  Are you trying to tell me that Trump supporters have properly vetted Trump?  That's a joke. He's been as well vetted as Barrack HUSSEIN Obama!  With the violence that Trump has projected at his rallies this mindset from some of his supporters doesn't surprise me in the least.

Funny thing, you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep.  #NeverTrump

Why change the subject? I made query about about a poster, not Trump.

Your Trump obsession is telling. Trump is an open book. He has been covered/uncovered by the medai for at least 40 years. There is probably more known about him than any candidate in history. The good, the bad and the fabricated.

You can tell a lot about people by how they judge others.

A-Lert

Well sure they do.  But isn't a larger increase in price worse than a smaller one?

How will the average consumer know?  Prices rise, we complain, it changes nothing  and life goes on.

A-Lert

And this I fully understand.   In addition to this,   many people are working on a priority basis.   Economic issues and Immigration issues are front and foremost.   What good does it do us to make headway on social issues if we have an economic collapse?

How long can we sustain the increasing debt load?   

A lot of Trump supporters have deliberately chosen to put out the fire before worrying about the rot.   If you can't save the nation from a fire,   the rot isn't going to matter anyways. 

The rot is already present and it runs deep.

So he says,  but will he really do it?   The probabilities are not looking so good.   He's already backtracking on the Muslim ban and trying to sound conciliatory about the fence.     Does he have any absolutely core values that he will defend and support no matter what?

How many promises of past and sitting politicians have been fulfilled?  I believe Trump will do at least as well as any present day candidate. He's not trying to enhance or embellish a political career.

I can't tell,   and I doubt that anyone else can tell for sure.    Trump is a "Joker",   meaning a "Wild Card"   whom we can't really tell will help us or not.

What politician can be fully trusted?

I can see Trump as a protest vote.   After all,  how much worse can he be than bastards like McConnell or Boehner?   The thing I most like about him is the fact that the Establishment people didn't want him.

When the Establishment tries to derail their own party candidate we know he's right on target.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Trump is an open book.

Yet he won't release his tax returns - the first major candidate to refuse to do so in decades.

You lack credibility, A-Lert,  because you are incapable of introspection and skepticism when it comes to your Leader.   I'm not saying you're a shill, but your perspective is indistinguishable from one.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

Yet he won't release his tax returns - the first major candidate to refuse to do so in decades.

So what? I heard other Republicans, some former presidential candidates, say he should NOT. There is no requirement to do so and all it does is cause more controversy.

You lack credibility, A-Lert,  because you are incapable of introspection and skepticism when it comes to your Leader.   I'm not saying you're a shill, but your perspective is indistinguishable from one.

You, a Kasich worshipper and shill, critical of my credibility?  :silly: I'm skeptical of any politician. Just because I chose not  to support the SOS,  actually proves  I'm introspective and skeptical.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

"Spin"  is saying that a man wasn't wanted because the vote was split three different ways.   Back in 1992,   Ross Perot split the Libertarian vote off from the George HW Bush vote and allowed Clinton to win on a plurality.   

Had Ross Perot not been in the race,  that Libertarian vote would have ended up in the George HW Bush column,  and we would have avoided the Clinton disaster.   

Stop trying to "spin"  the primary as proof that Texas didn't want Cruz.   Obviously they did,  and I expect he will be reelected again.   Had Rubio not been in the Primary,   I expect Cruz to have run away with it in Texas.

I'm a Texan and will assure you that Ted Cruz will be a U. S. Senator from Texas for as long as he wants to be.  The vast majority of Texans absolutely LOVE the man.

Lots of love and appreciation for Ted Cruz, a 5 minute standing ovation at the beginning, a dozens standing Os during his fine speech. No doubt he was and is the choice of practically all RPT delegates. Ted Cruz thanked all and gave a message of hope and optimism. He will continue to fight for the cause, OUR cause.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 07:57:22 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien