Author Topic: Michael Reagan to Romney: 'Time to Shut Up'  (Read 1292 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michael Reagan to Romney: 'Time to Shut Up'
« on: May 13, 2016, 02:01:56 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=728603

Newsmax
Michael Reagan to Romney: 'Time to Shut Up'
Thursday, May 12, 2016 08:30 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Political commentator Michael Reagan told Newsmax TV on Thursday that "the only person who needs to shut up is Mitt Romney" on whether Donald Trump should release his tax returns.

"I can understand other people saying that," Reagan told "The Steve Malzberg Show" in an interview. "But Mitt Romney, who brought you out of your building?"

Watch Newsmax TV on DIRECTV Ch. 349, DISH Ch. 223 and Verizon FiOS Ch. 115. Get Newsmax TV on your cable system – Click Here Now

Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, called on Trump to release his tax returns — saying Wednesday that refusing to do so disqualified him from running for the White House.

Michael Reagan is the author of the new book, "Lessons My Father Taught Me: The Strength, Integrity, and Faith of Ronald Reagan." He is the former president's eldest son.

"He really should have nothing to say," Reagan said of Romney. "He got his shot. He got his chance — and he lost.

"And, essentially, he spent half his time at Trump Tower trying to raise money for his campaign back in 2012," he added. "Now all of a sudden it's a different situation.

"So, if I were Mitt Romney — let me just say this — it's time to shut up."

But now that Trump is the presumptive Republican nominee, he must foster unity within the party. That includes reaching out to his former rivals — he talked for 15 minutes on Wednesday with Lindsey Graham — and particularly Ted Cruz.

"It's not up to me to make amends and unite this party," Reagan told Malzberg. "It's up to Donald Trump to in fact reach out and unite the party.

"It's very smart of him to meet with Lindsey Graham. He should meet with the Bushes. He should meet with everybody else that he ran against because they've got a lot of followers.

"Ted Cruz got a lot of votes too — and you've got to sit there and massage Ted Cruz so Ted Cruz feels comfortable to be able to endorse you and bring all of his voters," Reagan said.

"Forget the delegates now. The voters: that's the important point now."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

Re: Michael Reagan to Romney: 'Time to Shut Up'
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 02:06:44 am »
Whatever.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 02:08:42 am »
"And, essentially, he spent half his time at Trump Tower trying to raise money for his campaign back in 2012," he added. "Now all of a sudden it's a different situation.
It's becoming painfully clear which pundits have literally sold out. These talking points accusing just about anyone they can of wanting money from Trump are direct from Trump himself.

John Flaugher has been making a living off his adopted father's name for decades now. I guess someone has to, since Reagan's own biological kids are liberals.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fantom

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 02:15:00 am »

Yes The Orange One has to unify the party... Trump has to close the deal, or win with Sanders voters.

Personally I do not think trump can unify the party, he cannot close the deal. Scam Wow may...however, win with Sanders voters.

At any rate it is not incumbent upon me to reach out to trump or his supporters. Every stick in the eye they throw out ..here and elsewhere is just one more reason to despise them and  trump.

But hey, if you think you do not need our votes...well trump sporters.. you are doing a great job making sure trump will not get them.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 02:17:36 am »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Bill Cipher

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 02:23:45 am »

:bigsilly:

It takes a lot more to stand firm with your principles when all the STrumpets are demanding you give your principles up and toe the line.

#NeverTrump

geronl

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 02:24:34 am »
Romney is not helpful. He needs to slink back to the shadows.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 02:29:17 am »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 02:32:38 am »
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Fantom

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 02:35:20 am »

Wow, an elephant on meth...... who knew.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 03:19:27 am »
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. One Peter 5:8

No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,” declares the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17

I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. Ezekiel 22:30

In 1 Corinthians 15:52, Paul indicated that believers will be changed (just prior to the Rapture), in the twinkling of an eye, at the "last trumpet."

In Revelation 11:15, John describes the sounding of the "seventh trumpet," which is the last of the trumpets of judgment. It is seen, at this time, that the kingdom of the world will become the kingdom of God and Christ.