Author Topic: Obama to Order Public Schools to Open Restrooms to Transgender Students  (Read 5141 times)

geronl

There isn't anything in the dictate that says guys must pee in a bathroom, is there?  If people can pee where they want, and are comfortable, why not in a stairwell, under a desk at the library, in a closet?  If my puny brain can think like this, I will guarantee you some conduct disorder will think of it and do it.  Whether the news will cover such an event is unlikely because it would make his "order" look stupid.

NYC says public urination is now fine

Offline bob434

[[NYC says public urination is now fine]]

NYC thinks the whole world is a  urinal- That, apparently, is their idea of utopia- where everything smells of urine

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

It has nothing to do with Trump.

Except when he was asked about this today, Trump said he "has no opinion" about whether or not boys should use the Boys bathroom and girls should use the Girls Bathroom.  He kept repeating that the "minority must be protected" and "States should decide" yet when informed that Obama has circumvented the States and imposed it by his own will and Directives, Trump went back to sounding like a parrot.

Asked if he would reverse this decision - Trump said he has no opinion and said we should not discriminate against gender identity.

How inspiring!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HAPPY2BME

http://5newsonline.com/2016/05/13/state-officials-respond-to-obama-administrations-transgender-bathroom-directive/

Posted 5:48 pm, May 13, 2016, by Shawnya Meyers

ARKANSAS (KFSM) — After President Obama and the US Department of Education issued guidance telling public schools to allow transgender students to use bathrooms matching their gender identity on Friday (May 13), several state officials shared their opinions on the directive.

Governor Asa Hutchinson responded by recommending that school districts disregard the Obama administration’s announcement.

Governor Asa Hutchinson issued the following statement:

“The recent letter from the federal government providing guidance to Arkansas schools on gender identification is offensive, intrusive and totally lacking in common sense.  There is no recognizable problem in Arkansas on this issue. The federal government is stirring the pot and meddling in the local control and administration of our schools.

“As Governor, I recommend that local school districts disregard the latest attempt at social engineering by the federal government and continue to use common sense to ensure a safe and healthy environment in Arkansas schools. While the letter implies federal money could be withheld, the letter is nothing more than guidance and is not legally binding.”

Attorney General Leslie Rutledge issued a statement in support of Governor Hutchinson:

“I stand with Governor Hutchinson in urging local districts to disregard this latest attempt from the administration to force a social agenda on the states. I will also work with my colleagues across the country to determine if legal action against this directive is necessary in order to keep our students safe.”

The American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas said the governor’s call for schools to ignore the federal ruling is “dangerous and irresponsible.”

“Violation of Title IX can lead to lawsuits and possible lost funding as well as violations of students’ rights,” said Holly Dickson, legal director of Arkansas ACLU.

Offline bob434

one more very important point i will note here- and I'm not sure I'll explain it well- but this whole edict by the pre4siident about it beign a civil rights case is nonsense- because the civil rights acts bans discrimination against gender-

Stay with me here- as it gets a bit confusing- We have laws agaisnt men in women's bathrooms- and for good reason- because it's immoral- So it is NOT discriminating against a man to pass a law barring him from using a women's bathroom-

Now- a transgender claims they are a gender that they actually are not- a man pretending to be a woman is still a man- period- no amount of surgery will change that- He still has the Male Chromosome- So it can not be discrimination against HIS gender to bar him from using a woman's bathroom be- IF however He was able to defy nature, and acquire a female Chromosome- and We passed a law saying 'previous males may not use female restrooms' then yes, this would be gender discrimination because the man would have, in this hypothetical situation, actually successfully changed his gender- and could no longer be barred from using as womans' bathroom because he would now be a true woman- that would amount to discriminating against a gender- but since men can not become females- biologically- it is NOT discrimination to bar them from using a woman's bathroom

The LAW states that men may not use women's bathrooms- period- and to the trannies out there- no amount of self mutilation or hormone therapy will change your Chromosome to that of a female- and it doesn't matter what you claim to feel like- you are still a male if you have a male chromosome- period- So no SIRS- we are not discriminating against you by barring you from using women's bathrooms- The law states no male shall use a women's bathroom- When you successfully change your chromosome to a female- let us know and we will consider a special bathroom for you all- but NOT a woman's- as you will still be an un nnatural woman

Offline Optiguy

Where in the Constitution does the government have authority to mandate the use of bathrooms?

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
Where in the Constitution does the government have authority to mandate the use of bathrooms?

Nowhere. But I'm afraid the country has become post-constitutional in a sense. Those type of arguments fall on deaf ears to such an extent that the Constitution is ignored. So in trying to make lemonade out of lemons I use these kinds of issues to smoke out phony libertarians. A libertarian who claims to value the Constitution would be aghast at such things. Also asking them if they would repeal the Civil Rights Act and Title IX makes for a good litmus test.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And a good point I heard, if one's transgender is female from male, then, what is to keep one from trying out for the girl's basketball team? It seems like nothing would.

Same thing with that woman, Rachel Dolezal who was a white woman acting like a black woman, why not choose our race then?

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
And a good point I heard, if one's transgender is female from male, then, what is to keep one from trying out for the girl's basketball team? It seems like nothing would.

Same thing with that woman, Rachel Dolezal who was a white woman acting like a black woman, why not choose our race then?

Exactly. Just ask Tamikka Brents, a female UFC fighter who had her eye socket crushed and was given a concussion by a male UFC fighter posing as a female.

geronl

Trump says he doesn't care.

The pimp and pervert does not care about grown men following little girls into the bathrooms.

I saw a news article about a man who choked an 8-year old unconscious and was caught carrying her into a stall (we can guess)... but the left would have us not be suspicious of their motives if we see them follow a child inside.

Trump doesn't care about this.

That says a lot about him.

Online mountaineer

An administration that would nationalize restrooms will nationalize just about anything, seems to me.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

If I self-identify as the president, can I reverse Obama's edict?

HAPPY2BME

Trump says he doesn't care.

The pimp and pervert does not care about grown men following little girls into the bathrooms.

I saw a news article about a man who choked an 8-year old unconscious and was caught carrying her into a stall (we can guess)... but the left would have us not be suspicious of their motives if we see them follow a child inside.

Trump doesn't care about this.

That says a lot about him.

============================

It's OBAMA that is forcing this on the nation.

O-B-A-M-A!!!

BTW:  Barack Hussein Obama could not have been made possible without George W. Bush.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
============================

It's OBAMA that is forcing this on the nation.

O-B-A-M-A!!!

BTW:  Barack Hussein Obama could not have been made possible without George W. Bush.

Worth repeating, thanks Happy!   :beer:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Roscoe Proudfoot

And a good point I heard, if one's transgender is female from male, then, what is to keep one from trying out for the girl's basketball team?

Sigh, you are behind the times. The NCAA has already said that men can play on the women's team. They just have to undergo testosterone suppression first. Women can take testosterone treatment and still play on the men's team.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2011-09-13/new-policy-transgender-athletes

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sigh, you are behind the times. The NCAA has already said that men can play on the women's team. They just have to undergo testosterone suppression first. Women can take testosterone treatment and still play on the men's team.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2011-09-13/new-policy-transgender-athletes

That's quite a different scenario all the same whereas the proposed law just needs a note from home stating the student identifies as the other sex.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Refuse and Resist – Obama’s bathroom diktat.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,206478.0.html

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I wonder how many pastors and priests will make mention of this tomorrow.

And let me anticipate any "separation..." objections.

If there were a rabid dog loose, the pastor has every right, indeed an obligation, to make his congregation aware of it.

Offline The_Reader_David

Most likely in those penumbrae that contained the right to privacy and made that phrase synonymous with the phrase "right to have an abortion".
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Schools offer lessons on accommodating transgender students

Lisa Leff
AP
May 14, 2016

From locker rooms and sex education classes to dress codes and overnight field trips, many U.S. public schools already are balancing the civil rights of transgender students with any concerns that classmates, parents and community members might have.

The U.S. Department of Education is drawing on those practices to guide other schools as they work to comply with the Obama administration's directive that transitioning children be treated consistent with their gender identity.

That has been the policy since 2013 of the Arcadia Unified School District in Southern California. As part of a settlement with the federal departments of Justice and Education that became the foundation for the national mandate issued Friday, students may use the bathroom, locker room or wilderness cabin that corresponds with their recognized gender outside school, Superintendent David Vannasdall said.
More

Offline flowers

Geez.....makes one wonder if he is doing this now, what other monstrous things does he have planned down the road???    **nononono*

Online mountaineer

Geez.....makes one wonder if he is doing this now, what other monstrous things does he have planned down the road???    **nononono*
He has free rein until Jan. 29, 2017, doesn't he?  :nometalk:

Offline flowers

He has free rein until Jan. 29, 2017, doesn't he?  :nometalk:
Yes  **nononono*

geronl

... his name was Donald...

Offline bob434

[[ students may use the bathroom, locker room or wilderness cabin that corresponds with their recognized gender outside school,]]

Biologically, a student is 'recognized' as either male or female based on their chromosome- x or y - ANY other claim to gender is NOT recognized as biologically correct- period!

And again- Parents do not want their children sharing bathrooms with people of the opposite sex who are mentally sick in the head in the first place- many kids claimign to be the opposite sex are doing so because they were sexually abused and thus become abusers themselves- this is a statistical fact-- Parents do not want mentally sick males who are much stronger than females, and who have been sexually abused, and likely to become abusers themselves,  in the same bathrooms with their little girls- It is a parent's duty to do everything they can to make sure their kids are safe from PREDATORS- and allowing sick individuals with a predilection to predatory/abusive behavior into bathrooms with young girls is NOT doing everything we can to ensure our child's safety- You are INCREASING the risk that children will be attacked-

Hell- a woman was just recently arrested for allowing her children to walk by themselves to a neighborhood pool- She was arrested for endangering the welfare of a child because 'something could have happened to those children IF someone bad was in the neighborhood' How the hell is she arrested (and not the myriad other parents who also allowed their kids to walk to the pool) but we aren't arresting school officials for endangering our kids with something that is far more likely to occur? These school officials are INCREASING the risk to our children! They are Not doing everything they can to DECREASE the potential risk!

How many attacks have already happened? Well likely never know because the gov will keep it secret because they don't want their 'homosexualization of America' agenda seen in a bad light-
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 06:55:13 pm by bob434 »