Author Topic: Boehner wouldn't be surprised if Clinton 'has to withdraw'  (Read 809 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/279701-boehner-talks-cruz-trump-at-salt-conference

May 12, 2016, 01:23 pm
Boehner wouldn't be surprised if Clinton 'has to withdraw'
By Rebecca Savransky

Former Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Thursday took shots at Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and said he wouldn't be surprised if Hillary Clinton ends up withdrawing from the presidential race.

Addressing the SALT Conference in Las Vegas, the former Speaker suggested that Democrats might have to turn to Vice President Biden to be their 2016 nominee.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Boehner wouldn't be surprised if Clinton 'has to withdraw'
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 06:18:13 pm »
Did he cry when he said it?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 06:19:51 pm »
Considering Bonehead's close personal relationship with Obammy, who cares about his opinion?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 06:20:27 pm »
Why would she do that?

Offline r9etb

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 06:31:36 pm »
Considering Bonehead's close personal relationship with Obammy, who cares about his opinion?

Well, maybe we might care -- it could be that Boehner is hearing things from people in positions to know.

It's silly to auto-ignore people just because you don't like them....

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 06:33:20 pm »
Well, maybe we might care -- it could be that Boehner is hearing things from people in positions to know.

It's silly to auto-ignore people just because you don't like them....
Or maybe that's not at all what I said.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 06:38:22 pm »
Boehner has lost all credibility since stepping down from Speaker of the House. He makes a comment about Clinton, but also takes shots at Cruz?  Why??  Cruz is in the Senate ... why would someone in the House take such issue with him?  Let's see...Cruz is intelligent, a Constitutional Conservative with enormous integrity and backbone and Boehner is a RINO with no integrity who seems to solve his problems with the bottle.  Perhaps Boehner was hoping he would be the next president?   :silly: :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 06:38:58 pm »
OK, then what does "who cares about his opinion" actually mean, then?

Because it sure looks like an "auto-ignore because you don't like him" to me....

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 06:55:34 pm »
There are rumors Hillary may have serious enough health issues to force her to step down.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline r9etb

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 07:23:43 pm »
There are rumors Hillary may have serious enough health issues to force her to step down.

Those rumors have been around for a long time, though. 

"Health reasons" would certainly be a face-saving way for her to drop out, and one could certainly imagine that the political deal would be to choose between that and an indictment.

But suppose she refuses, according to the old the Clinton strategy from back in the Monica Lewinksi days: "we'll just have to win, then."

The political calculus then would be based on whether it's less damaging to Democrats to suppress the indictment and deal with the leaks that follow; or to let it go through and find a different candidate. 

The decision is not necessarily a slam-dunk, but given that the Democrat alternative at this point pretty has to be Bernie Sanders, and given also that the media will still cover for Hillary regardless.... my money would be on suppressing the indictment.

But maybe her health really is that bad....?

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 07:40:16 pm »
I'd be surprised.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 08:53:22 pm »
Perhaps Johnny's conscious is getting the best of him. Boehner himself is not without corruption; I believe he dodged the bullet with Benghazi ... he knows exactly what happened and he knew about weapons being smuggled out of Libya into the hands of Syrian rebels by the CIA. I also believe he cut some kind of deal with Clinton and Obama. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 09:30:50 pm »

I think there is a good chance she's going to stroke out.   She doesn't have much self control,  and she's not used to people mocking her in public.    Also that indictment thing has got to be very worrisome for her. 

I think Donald Trump is going to give her apoplexy.   She is going to get the "Rosie O'Donald"  treatment,  and she's not going to handle it well. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline verga

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 09:36:47 pm »
The political calculus then would be based on whether it's less damaging to Democrats to suppress the indictment and deal with the leaks that follow; or to let it go through and find a different candidate. 

The decision is not necessarily a slam-dunk, but given that the Democrat alternative at this point pretty has to be Bernie Sanders, and given also that the media will still cover for Hillary regardless.... my money would be on suppressing the indictment.

But maybe her health really is that bad....?
If Hillary is out the convention will be a free for all with Slow uncle Joe Biden swooping in to save the day.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 09:45:38 pm »
If Hillary is out the convention will be a free for all with Slow uncle Joe Biden swooping in to save the day.

The Sanders vs. Biden dynamic would be extraordinarily fun to watch, in that case.

And the Creepy Uncle Joe meme would be a killer.

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 09:50:49 pm »

I think there is a good chance she's going to stroke out.   She doesn't have much self control,  and she's not used to people mocking her in public.    Also that indictment thing has got to be very worrisome for her. 

I think Donald Trump is going to give her apoplexy.   She is going to get the "Rosie O'Donald"  treatment,  and she's not going to handle it well.

After the convention when Trumps numbers keep climbing and Hillary's continue to decline, rather than face the humiliation of defeat, Hillary will withdraw for "health concerns".