Author Topic: The Latest: House committee chairs endorse Donald Trump  (Read 267 times)

Offline Paladin

"WASHINGTON  —

The Latest on the 2016 presidential campaign (all times Eastern Daylight Time):

9:15 p.m.

Republican Donald Trump's presidential campaign is announcing new endorsements from several House committee chairs ahead of his trip Thursday to Washington.

In a press release posted on his Facebook page Wednesday evening, Trump announced the backing of House Budget Committee Chairman Tom Price of Georgia, Rules Committee Chairman Pete Sessions of Texas, Agriculture Committee Chairman Mike Conaway of Texas, and Lamar Smith of Texas, who chairs the Science, Space and Technology Committee.

Trump already had the public backing of Reps. Candice Miller, Jeff Miller and Bill Schuster, also committee chairs.

The seven say in a joint statement that the path for Republicans winning in November "comes through unity."

"It is paramount that we coalesce around the Republican nominee," they say."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article76921282.html

How sad. More bad news for the anti-Trumpsters. It just never stops for them.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Paladin

Re: The Latest: House committee chairs endorse Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 05:39:17 am »
"LAS VEGAS—Oil billionaire T. Boone Pickens, who previously backed former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush’s presidential campaign, on Wednesday endorsed presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump and said he supports the candidate’s proposal to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the U.S.

Mr. Pickens, who donated $100,000 to the super PAC backing Mr. Bush last February, said he would welcome a president with no elected experience.

“Yes, I’m for Donald Trump. … I’m tired of having politicians as president of the U.S.,” he said, speaking at the economics-focused SALT Conference at the Bellagio Hotel here. “Let’s try something different.”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/11/t-boone-pickens-endorses-donald-trump/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.