Author Topic: Trump takes credit for Budweiser name change  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump takes credit for Budweiser name change
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 12:11:38 am »
His platform is Americanism.

With all due respect, anyone who thinks his platform is "Americanism" has a twisted view of what America is.  Trump's a man who believes America is not great, and he seems to have no concept that at the core of "America" is its beautiful Constitution.

You don't hear him advocate for freedom from government, individualism, federalism, weak central government,  and other foundational tenets of America.

(And if you ever do hear him advocate for something, just wait a few days, and you'll hear him say the opposite, of course.)

So his platform has nothing to do with true Americanism.

Instead, he advocates for a nationalism that's coupled with a strong(man) central government and a focus on business.  What did I just describe?   Fascism.

I don't use that term lightly or in the colloquial sense.  I mean it as a form of government that can be legitimately debated.  I personally don't find Fascism to my preference.  I also think it's not "American".

But I'm willing to listen to arguments from Trump supporters who'd like to try to convince me otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:13:44 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 12:17:04 am »
Idiocracy Part II must be made.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 12:24:38 am »
Follow up question should have been..."Mr Trump, can you certify that you do not suffer from delusions of grandeur? And related, have you been checked for Tourette's Syndrome"?

How about...

Mr. Trump, when did you first begin exhibiting symptoms of Alzheimer's???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 12:27:24 am »

What.. they changed their name to Buttwiper?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 12:41:38 am »
 :beer:
If only Bud would try to make the beer taste better, instead of this renaming gimmick.

:beer:
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Wingnut

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 12:46:21 am »
I'm planning to buy a couple cases and store them. In a couple decades will be worth some real money...

Along with all the "Billy Beer" you purchased when Trump was a Democrat, or was that when he was in the reform party?
How did that investment work out for you?
Hell,
Like New Coke, Orbitz, Crystal Pepsi and other colossal product bombs.

Even Billy Beer which you cant even give away will be woth more than this swill

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 12:52:39 am »
I'm planning to buy a couple cases and store them. In a couple decades will be worth some real money...

Do that with whiskey, not with beer.  The beer will just go bad.   

I was in the St. Louis airport last month, and had some fresh Bud on tap,  with a whiskey chaser.   Have to say it hit the spot.  That stuff tastes just like it did thirty years ago -  it's quality can't be denied.  The best lawnmower beer ever invented.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 12:56:37 am »
The best lawnmower beer ever invented.
That's what I was thinking - after working in the yard for a few hours on a hot day, I'd down one. Otherwise, not so much.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 01:00:54 am »
That's what I was thinking - after working in the yard for a few hours on a hot day, I'd down one. Otherwise, not so much.

I'm as much into the craft stuff as anyone,  but I appreciate a good lawnmower beer.   One of the best is Kenzinger, from here in Philly.   The craft brewers dig the flavored beers, the high octane beers,  the clogged-with-hops beers.   It's quite unusual (and difficult) to craft-brew a lawnmower beer that beats a Bud.  Kenzinger does. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Wingnut

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 01:06:15 am »

I thought he meant it was good to poor in the crankcase of the lawn mower not to drink?   :shrug:

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 01:29:04 am »
And Al Gore invented the internet.   :thud: :bs:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 01:47:48 am »
I'm as much into the craft stuff as anyone,  but I appreciate a good lawnmower beer.   One of the best is Kenzinger, from here in Philly.   The craft brewers dig the flavored beers, the high octane beers,  the clogged-with-hops beers.   It's quite unusual (and difficult) to craft-brew a lawnmower beer that beats a Bud.  Kenzinger does.

Schlitz.... The Classic formula they brought back about eight years ago. That is Beer for An average American day.

I was weened on it.. a toddler I remember rushing to my Daddy's knee as he sat on the couch.. a hot , tired Bricklayer. With a red beer.. tomato juice and Schlitz after work. I got one sip.... then sent off.

Buried Dad more than several years ago. Thank God they brought back the good Schlitz a few years before that happened. And I thank that the last OU-Suxet game I watched with Dad was a blowout. 

Ah, memories.  Here's to you Dad...  :beer:

Now my favorite beer is Guinness.. but only out of the keg. Chimay is awesome.... Loved a Rolling Rock  in Marathon Key with blackened Grouper... and Rainer... Beer of the Gods. 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 02:00:58 am »
I don't know if you have Ellicottville Brewing Company beer around where you're at (it's one of the big craft brewers in my neck of the woods) but they do make a beer specifically for that purpose.

http://www.ellicottvillebrewing.com/2012/06/01/mowmaster/

As a guy who seldom drinks I can't say if it's any good at what it says, but they do make it. (It seems they make a craft beer for just about any occasion these days, don't they?)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 02:07:10 am »
Schlitz.... The Classic formula they brought back about eight years ago. That is Beer for An average American day.

Ah, memories.  Here's to you Dad...  :beer:

My Dad was a Pabst man. His friends drank Schlitz, Hamms, and Bud.  Every Saturday he would make a run to "his" tavern.  We would park in the alleybehind the bar and come in the back door where he would drop off last weeks case of empty retunable bottles. Then head up to the bar and Dad would get a 7 oz draught and I would have a coke and a bag of beer nuts.  Dad would pay for our drinks and a case of PBR.  On the way out he would stop at the cooler garb a fresh case of 24 bottles and we went home. 
Now on vacation in N. Wisc he wouldn't drink Pabst.  He would have Fitgers or Grain Belt or sometime a  Leinenkugels....but never Rhinelander.  Said it tasted like deer piss!

Good times! 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 02:16:59 am »
I don't know if you have Ellicottville Brewing Company beer around where you're at (it's one of the big craft brewers in my neck of the woods) but they do make a beer specifically for that purpose.

http://www.ellicottvillebrewing.com/2012/06/01/mowmaster/

As a guy who seldom drinks I can't say if it's any good at what it says, but they do make it. (It seems they make a craft beer for just about any occasion these days, don't they?)

So the question is, then, what do you wash down wings with?!
+++++++++

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 02:44:33 am »
So the question is, then, what do you wash down wings with?!
I prefer good old-fashioned cold water most of the time. Once in a great while I'll have a little bit of beer (but it's kind of a vicious cycle—I don't drink it often, so unless I go to a bar I have to get a 6-pack, and because I don't have a need for that much I don't buy it, and I don't have it around when I might drink it).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 04:43:16 am »
If Trump changes his name to Budweiser, they'd both be tasteless lightweights.

Awesome. Top Notch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGp_1MOeOjc

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 04:50:58 am »
His platform is Americanism. A business sees the Trump America First movement and capitalizes on it. Not rocket science, its good business sense. And not a one of the #neverTrump can show it would have happened other then with the Trump America First movement.

Before you know it some airline, or a baseball league, or a credit card, or a girl's doll manufacturer, or a mutual fund will take up the name.

Trump should be receiving royalties on this American thing that is happening.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2016, 04:54:26 am »
I don't know if Budweiser changed their name for the summer because of Trump's slogan, but it seems to me more people will be getting drunk because of him directly.
LOL!