Author Topic: Illinois: "Manhunt closes part of Shawnee Forest, Report"  (Read 603 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Illinois: "Manhunt closes part of Shawnee Forest, Report"
« on: May 12, 2016, 02:32:51 am »
Manhunt closes part of Shawnee Forest, Report

The manhunt continues in southern Illinois for a man suspected of shooting Mahomet police officer, authorities are searching the Shawnee National Forrest where they suspect 35-year-old Dracy “Clint” Pendleton is hiding.

An arrest warrant was issued for Pendleton by the Champaign County State’s Attorney, for the charge of Aggravated Battery with a Firearm. Pendleton was originally charged with Attempted Murder of a Police Officer. A Class X felony, Pendleton’s bond is set at $5 million.

After exchanging gunfire with the Mahomet officer, Pendleton fled the scene, and is believed to have received wounds, and was possibly shot, during the incident, but it is unknown how severe his wounds are.

According to the Illinois State Police, Pendleton is considered to be armed and dangerous, and is believed to be armed with an AK-47, and has also possibly stolen a 2007 white GMC pick-up truck that bears the Illinois Registration Number 165533B. The above photo is of the actual truck.

Statewide agencies have become involved in the hunt for Pendleton, leading to a car crash between an Illinois state trooper and a 26-year-old woman in Decatur that resulted in the woman’s death.

Read More At: http://canadajournal.net/world/manhunt-closes-part-shawnee-forest-report-47355-2016/

So, this manhunt actually involved a state trooper getting into a car accident where a civilian was killed.

Otherwise, the suspect, Pendleton,  sounds like he is wounded. I doubt if he'll be able to evade justice long.

There must be more to this story.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Illinois: "Manhunt closes part of Shawnee Forest, Report"
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 07:36:00 pm »
They found the suspect's truck:

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/story/31959687/police-find-dracy-pendleton-truck-no-sign-of-pendleton

Also, excerpted:
Pendleton's father speaks: 'I wish I could just put a blanket around him'
Thu, 05/12/2016 - 12:23pm | Michael Kiser

Pendleton, who lives in Bellflower, said he's nervous about his son's situation. He said there have been a lot of sleepless nights and stomach churning while hoping for his son's safe return.

Pendleton also said he wants to know why the initial Mahomet officer who gave his son a warning for a taillight being out wasn't involved in the second traffic stop as well.

Pendleton said he would like to help find his son and bring him to safety. But he said he would not be allowed to even get close.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2016-05-12/pendletons-father-speaks-i-wish-i-could-just-put-blanket-around-him.html