Author Topic: Donald Trump on Muslim Ban: ‘Sure I’d Back Off On It’  (Read 1310 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Donald Trump on Muslim Ban: ‘Sure I’d Back Off On It’
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 01:48:16 pm »
Clinton should just sit back and let Trump talk..or put him on the payroll.

When Donald Trump actually has the nomination in hand the only thing that will prevent them from unleashing the hounds of hell on him is the fact that they can't tell for sure what's going to happen with this FBI investigation.

It's a heads they win or tails we lose situation at that point anyway IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 01:52:11 pm »
The Muslim ban is gone.  Count on it.

It always was a bait and switch to help him win the primary.    Like Obama,   I think all his promises come with expiration dates.   

I figured Trump out when he was pushing the Obama Birth Certificate issue.    He didn't really care about the issue,  he just saw it as a vehicle to get him support on the right. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 02:00:54 pm »
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The US Constitution has no Jurisdiction outside of America. The Muslim Refugees are NOT American citizens when they come in they are foreign and outside the jurisdiction of Constitutional Protections. There is tons of legal precedent on this issue. Just like Shira law from Sudan has no authority inside the US neither does the Bill of Rights have any authority in Syria.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 02:03:21 pm »

It always was a bait and switch to help him win the primary.    Like Obama,   I think all his promises come with expiration dates.   

I figured Trump out when he was pushing the Obama Birth Certificate issue.    He didn't really care about the issue,  he just saw it as a vehicle to get him support on the right.

I'm still waiting for the records he claimed to have found.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 02:04:20 pm »
I don't see how it would be constitutional. Especially since the "no establishment of religion" clause in the 1st amendment is used to keep crosses off of public property.

Yeah,   but it never meant that until the last half of the 20th century,  mostly due to all the kookbags FDR appointed to the courts. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 02:09:26 pm »
The Muslim ban is gone.  Count on it.

It will end up being toothless and much like the TSA - Security Theater.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 02:11:09 pm »
So how will it work?  Will the screening be done at the point of origin for the flight destined for the U.S.?  Or will the weeding out be done once they get here?  And how will they tell the Muslims from the non-Muslims?
One of the ways the Israelies  do it I have heard is they have a women interview them. Devote Muslims (the dangerous ones) consider women to be be sub-human and slaves, it shows in their behavior to women.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 02:12:19 pm »
What part of "temporary" escapes ya. what happens when the Temporary ends? DUH.

Geeze the desperation to twist is strong here.

Frankly, I never felt a temporary Muslim ban was attainable anyway,.
You can ban people from a country, or a region, but it would be difficult to ban people from a religion.
They could simply say, "No, I am not a Muslim, why do you ask?"
Proving one is of a certain religion would be a lot harder than proving where they have come from.
People who believed that a temporary Muslim ban would happen just didn't think it through the logistics in just how we could make that happen, in my opinion.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 02:15:36 pm »

Yeah,   but it never meant that until the last half of the 20th century,  mostly due to all the kookbags FDR appointed to the courts. 

I agree, the original meaning was "The US shall not say that Seventh Day Adventists, Catholicism, etc. is the official religion of the US". Period.

Not that I don't think that further separation of Church and State isn't a bad idea, I do.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 02:19:36 pm »
Frankly, I never felt a temporary Muslim ban was attainable anyway,.
You can ban people from a country, or a region, but it would be difficult to ban people from a religion.
They could simply say, "No, I am not a Muslim, why do you ask?"
Proving one is of a certain religion would be a lot harder than proving where they have come from.
People who believed that a temporary Muslim ban would happen just didn't think it through the logistics in just how we could make that happen, in my opinion.
Banning all known Muslims from countries that have active terrorism in them support it etc is very doable. It has been done  in the past with ideologies, nationalities, race,  etc. The US Constitution has no jurisdiction in other countries so a ban can be by religion. 

Offline RedHead

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 02:22:21 pm »
Banning all known Muslims from countries that have active terrorism in them support it etc is very doable. It has been done  in the past with ideologies, nationalities, race,  etc. The US Constitution has no jurisdiction in other countries so a ban can be by religion.

Banning everyone from a single country, like Iran, or banning everyone of a certain race, like Chinese or Japanese, are comparatively easy.  But how do you screen every person coming in from every country and ensure that not a single Muslim gets in?

Offline RedHead

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 02:26:04 pm »
One of the ways the Israelies  do it I have heard is they have a women interview them. Devote Muslims (the dangerous ones) consider women to be be sub-human and slaves, it shows in their behavior to women.

Leaving aside for a moment the number of Muslim countries that have had female presidents and prime ministers, do you have any idea of how many people travel to the U.S. compared to how many travel to Israel?  And your scheme would take care of the devout Muslims; what about the rest? 

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 02:28:08 pm »
Banning everyone from a single country, like Iran, or banning everyone of a certain race, like Chinese or Japanese, are comparatively easy.  But how do you screen every person coming in from every country and ensure that not a single Muslim gets in?

SO all a Muslim will have to do is travel to a non-Muslim country, like any in Europe, and then travel to the US. And the ban would essentially be both useless and unAmerican at the same time.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 02:30:33 pm »
Leaving aside for a moment the number of Muslim countries that have had female presidents and prime ministers, do you have any idea of how many people travel to the U.S. compared to how many travel to Israel?  And your scheme would take care of the devout Muslims; what about the rest?
There are others? Last I knew the so called moderate Muslims supported Sharia law and all that encompasses.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 02:33:02 pm »
SO all a Muslim will have to do is travel to a non-Muslim country, like any in Europe, and then travel to the US. And the ban would essentially be both useless and unAmerican at the same time.
Not quite, For example the animosity where the Muslim Mayer of London threatened violence on America could be justification to restrict travel from there. Like I said, where Muslim Terrorism is active.

• Technical
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 02:38:03 pm »
Not quite, For example the animosity where the Muslim Mayer of London threatened violence on America could be justification to restrict travel from there. Like I said, where Muslim Terrorism is active.

So no travel from the US to London? Guess my brother is out of luck then huh?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 02:46:52 pm »
So no travel from the US to London? Guess my brother is out of luck then huh?
Does your brother follow leaders who chant "Death to America?" What part of temporary until a way to solve this problem is escaping your cognitive process?

• Technical
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 02:58:02 pm »
Does your brother follow leaders who chant "Death to America?" What part of temporary until a way to solve this problem is escaping your cognitive process?

No, but he'd be caught up in this travel ban wouldn't he? And I'd be prevented from seeing my new nephew grow up?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2016, 03:09:37 pm »
No, but he'd be caught up in this travel ban wouldn't he? And I'd be prevented from seeing my new nephew grow up?
Maybe for a temporary time. This is a problem that must be addressed or many more innocents will die.

• Technical
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2016, 03:11:51 pm »
Maybe for a temporary time. This is a problem that must be addressed or many more innocents will die.

That's comforting to know that I'd be prevented from seeing my brother for an indeterminable amount of time based on the whims of Trump. Temporary could mean a week, month, year or decade. That's the nice thing about non-specifics, you can stretch them however you'd like.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2016, 03:15:45 pm »
That's comforting to know that I'd be prevented from seeing my brother for an indeterminable amount of time based on the whims of Trump. Temporary could mean a week, month, year or decade. That's the nice thing about non-specifics, you can stretch them however you'd like.
Its called National Security and I for one am glad to see somebody at least talking about it

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2016, 03:16:15 pm »

Which is my point, to a degree.
Easier to temporarily ban people coming in from Syria, than temporarily banning only muslims coming in from Syria.
You can figure out they came from Syria easier than you can figure out if they are muslim or not.
If you can figure out both, fine, works for me, but it is easier to lie about your religion than it is to lie about what part of the world you came from.
Although, I suppose, you could lie about both.
So neither solution is 100% foolproof.
I'd go with ban from the region, followed by the religion.
Seems more logical to me.