Author Topic: Warren won't rule out VP possibility  (Read 357 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warren won't rule out VP possibility
« on: May 12, 2016, 12:01:27 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279540-warren-wont-rule-out-vp-possibility

May 11, 2016, 12:45 pm
Warren won't rule out VP possibility
By Jesse Byrnes

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) won't rule out the possibility of being picked as Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton's running mate.

“This is something that, right now, we’ve got to get all of our nominations settled on the Democratic side,” Warren said in an interview with Mic released Wednesday.

“For me, I’m going to keep doing my job every single day, and I’m not thinking about another job," Warren insisted, adding she hasn't spoken with the Democratic front-runner recently.

Democrats are openly hoping Clinton picks Warren, a liberal icon, as her running mate following a tougher-than-expected primary season against Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

“I love my job," Warren insisted in her interview with Mic. "I’m here in the United States Senate doing exactly what the people of Massachusetts sent me here to do."

Some think a Clinton-Warren ticket would gin up enthusiasm among Democrats heading into a likely showdown with Donald Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee who continues to command attention.

Warren and Trump have sparred in recent days, with the Democratic senator ripping the businessman for having "built his campaign on racism, sexism, and xenophobia."

Trump responded by calling Warren "goofy" and mocking her old claim of Native American ancestry, saying he hoped Clinton picked the Massachusetts senator. He again tweeted about the prospect Wednesday afternoon.

Donald J. Trump ✔ ‎@realDonaldTrump
Goofy Elizabeth Warren didn’t have the guts to run for POTUS. Her phony Native American heritage stops that and VP cold.
12:12 PM - 11 May 2016
  3,215 3,215 Retweets   9,794 9,794 likes
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34