Author Topic: Commentary: One secret to Trump’s political success: Donald is a 'doer'  (Read 234 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Commentary: One secret to Trump’s political success: Donald is a 'doer'

Bill Schneider

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-elections-trump-commentary-idUSKCN0XW0AI

Trump triumphs. Clinton struggles. Who would have predicted that?

Soon it will be Donald Trump, who is now the presumptive Republican nominee, versus former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Clinton by a landslide in the general election? The great philosopher Yogi Berra once said: “Never make predictions. Especially about the future.”

Safer to talk about the past. So what explains Trump's astonishing political success? The best explanation was given in October by, of all people, the legendary rock star Alice Cooper, who said, “I know Donald, and I know he's a ‘doer.’ He's not a ‘sayer.’”

That's it exactly. Trump is a “doer.” Why are so many voters going for that? Because they are exasperated by President Barack Obama. They see Obama as a sayer and a thinker but not much of a doer.

Actually, Obama has gotten a lot of things done: healthcare reform, elimination of Osama bin Laden, economic recovery when the country was teetering on the edge of another Great Depression, Wall Street reform, rescue of the U.S. auto industry.

Nonetheless, his critics see Obama as ineffectual. They look at Washington, and they see gridlock. They expect a president to get things done. They don't want to hear, “Congress won't give me what I want.” Tough leaders like Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Ronald Reagan could get what they wanted out of Congress by twisting arms and turning on the charm.

more at above link.....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline montanajoe

Misread the subject line thought it was Donald is a "do her"

Must be getting old....

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
That's the problem, limited governments don't always call for doers, because blind action isn't always the best prescription. The constitution put limits on "do-ers" for a very good reason.