Author Topic: FINAL DRAFT: Petition to Deny Trump The Nomination at the Convention  (Read 7281 times)

Offline the_doc

Re: FINAL DRAFT: Petition to Deny Trump The Nomination at the Convention
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 06:25:11 pm »
Petition by Conservative RNC Delegates to party.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/Martin_A_Knight/2016/05/07/final-draft-petition-deny-trump-nomination-convention/

WOW!  Thanks! 

The only thing missing is the demand to rein in Reince.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 08:41:52 pm »
Here's your petition:

Candidate
Donald Trump

Home state
New York

Estimated delegate count
1,119[1]]

Contests won

Popular vote
10,994,897[2]

Percentage
40.6%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016

No one else is even close.

I notice that NOTHING in the petition got through to you.  The petition convincingly reveals that your boast that Trump got 40% of the popular votes is IRRELEVANT on the time-honored grounds of PRINCIPLED REPUBLICANISM--the only REAL kind of Republicanism.

The funniest thing about your unprincipled scoffing at the petition is that even if you are a populist (an anti-Republican Republican)--i.e., even if you  believe (wrongly!) that  our Constitutional Republic was somehow founded as a democracy--then your boast concerning Trump's popular vote glosses over the fact that Trump's "impressive" numbers are impressively low even if they look high to you.  A populist should be honest enough to realize that many of the poor, tired folks of the hoi polloi have made a terrible mistake in promoting a guy who has not even gotten a true majority of popular Republican support in the weird field of vote-splitting candidates during the primaries (many of which were open primaries, alas!). 

Heck, Trump is not going to do well in the remaining primaries even when running unopposed.  His numbers will surely go up, but Trump is still not enthusiastically supported by a majority of Republicans.  Some will hold their noses to support him [there we go again!].  My point here is that Trump's voter support actually discovers him as a crass, wheeler-dealer blowhard of a loser for all of the reasons covered in the petition that you are dismissing.

Running unopposed, Trump's delegate count will presumably push him over the magic  number of 1237, but even his delegate count is disproportionately high (despite Trump's whining about a system that is rigged against a guy like him).  I frankly assume that the GOPe will try to dismiss the petition, largely because the highest ranking members of the GOPe have never shown themselves to be PRINCIPLED REPUBLICANS in the first place.  My only remaining hope, humanly speaking, is that the extraordinarily worried down-the-ballot candidates and the exceedingly disgruntled Convention delegates will pressure or even force the Convention into a contest that blocks Trump.

An investigative journalist for the WSJ has said that she has privately learned that a huge percentage of Trump's pledged delegates would like to vote against him (or at least abstain from voting on the first ballot) based on what they now know.   I believe that many politically solid delegates have recently concluded that Trump is a loser in an election against Hillary and more importantly, perhaps, a pathetic loser as to his character.

if the RNC does not wake up and take the drastically principled and properly Republican step of blocking Trump's candidacy, the GOP is doomed, IMHO.  The warning at the bottom of the petition is deadly serious.  I could only wish that our threat to abandon the GOP was reinforced with the statement that we will do so under a pledge of our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.  (That's how serious I am in opposing the political and spiritual reprobates who are destroying our beloved America.)

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 09:46:10 pm »
Not going to happen.

Understand that  the delegates who go along with this scheme will be severely punished if they do what the tiny number of $neverTrump fanatics are calling for when they get back home. Almost all of them are local politicians and business men/women. They risk being destroyed politically/financially if they piss off the vast majority of the people where they live.

Understand this. The theft (Or even attempted theft) of the election by $neverTrump not only will destroy the GOP it will ruin many of the delegates lives back home who try it. They are known locally, how they vote will also be known. 

They will not risk it. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 09:57:54 pm »
Not going to happen.

Understand that  the delegates who go along with this scheme will be severely punished if they do what the tiny number of $neverTrump fanatics are calling for when they get back home. Almost all of them are local politicians and business men/women. They risk being destroyed politically/financially if they piss off the vast majority of the people where they live.

Understand this. The theft (Or even attempted theft) of the election by $neverTrump not only will destroy the GOP it will ruin many of the delegates lives back home who try it. They are known locally, how they vote will also be known. 

They will not risk it.

Ah yes, threats and intimidation.    I'm sick to death of Trump and Trumpsters.   Screw it, I'll vote for Hillary just for the satisfaction of seeing you mobsters lose. 

Mechanicos, you should be ashamed of yourself.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 09:59:51 pm »
Not going to happen.

They will not risk it.

Threats will not now and should not ever work.
There is no theft.
No one is stealing anything.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:02:22 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 10:24:07 pm »

Mechanicos, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Not going to happen to happen (LOL).

BTW, I'm a jazz fan, too!  (I'm a huge fan of live jazz--especially Big Band stuff--rare though it is in our day.) 

Offline Fantom

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 11:34:25 pm »

Done.. and I signed for Wrong too. I know he secretly wanted to sign...thus asking for Patriots to sign multiple times.  :tongue2:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline the_doc

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 11:51:03 pm »

At this point, tearing down Trump will only ensure the election of Hillary..[so] it is now time to accept what the wrongheaded majority decided to do.

Your approach is more pragmatic than principled.  But that is precisely what is wrong with the GOP, don't you think?  It's only the dead fish that always go downstream.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2016, 03:05:04 pm »

BTW, I'm a jazz fan, too!  (I'm a huge fan of live jazz--especially Big Band stuff--rare though it is in our day.)

I listen to stuff from Armstrong, Fletcher Henderson, Basie, Eliington, Goodman, through Parker, Gillespie, up to Monk, Art Pepper, Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Wes Montgomery. Joe Pass.
Every now and again, someone newer.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2016, 03:12:32 pm »

Welcome to the board, doc!   I love jazz from Bunk to Monk,  and there's nothing like the experience of hearing the raw power of a big band in full cry.   I was listening earlier this week to Ellington's 1955 show from the Washington Armory -  his band was always great, but it was lifted to an even higher level by Paul Gonsalves.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2016, 03:18:23 pm »
I listen to stuff from Armstrong, Fletcher Henderson, Basie, Eliington, Goodman, through Parker, Gillespie, up to Monk, Art Pepper, Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Wes Montgomery. Joe Pass.
Every now and again, someone newer.

All giants of America's original art form.   Always glad to meet a fellow jazzhead!    Favorites of mine include Dexter Gordon, Booker Ervin, and Joe Farrell (my listening project for the week has been going through Farrell's recordings - last evening I dug Skateboard Park and Sonic Text.)     

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »
Welcome to the board, doc!   I love jazz from Bunk to Monk,  and there's nothing like the experience of hearing the raw power of a big band in full cry.   I was listening earlier this week to Ellington's 1955 show from the Washington Armory -  his band was always great, but it was lifted to an even higher level by Paul Gonsalves.

I think it may have been Paul Gonsalves who did a solo to "Prelude to A Kiss" that really knocked me out.
It was live and from the 50's but I couldn't tell you where it was recorded.
There was a version of "A-Train"I have been looking for where Ellington plays a piano intro for about 4 minutes before the band comes in, but I cannot find it anymore.
I have heard Ellington play it solo and I've heard the full band, but I cannot find the combo of the 2 I used to have. I think it was on a Columbia records "Eliington's best" or something like that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 03:21:46 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 03:24:27 pm »
All giants of America's original art form.   Always glad to meet a fellow jazzhead!    Favorites of mine include Dexter Gordon, Booker Ervin, and Joe Farrell (my listening project for the week has been going through Farrell's recordings - last evening I dug Skateboard Park and Sonic Text.)   

I like Dexter Gordon's Go! album a lot.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2016, 03:42:07 pm »
Look folks, the Ruling Class Oligarchy that rules this post-Constitutional Fascist mobocracy will make up it's own rules as it goes along to ensure their power is never challenged.

There is no need for you folks to give them legitimacy by signing irrelevant 'pledges' and petitions.  They are not going to listen to you.

This bit of political theater is just to create an illusion that they are acting on the will of the people.  Nothing will be further from the truth.

They have already told us they hold you and I in absolute contempt.  This is all just kabuki theater.

They will choose to crown the Marxist Communist or the Fascist Populist - depending on which one they think will protect and expand their gravy train best.

Their job is to make it look like the crowning was a legitimate choice of the people… just like the Politburo did in the Soviet Union when they had "elections".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline the_doc

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2016, 04:02:50 pm »

My favorite Big Band was Basie's, but I liked Ellington a lot.  Also Dizzy, Woody Herman,  Buddy Rich, Maynard Ferguson.  My favorite trumpet player nowadays is Gilbert Castellanos--not very well known, but in my opinion, the best in the west.  Awesome technique, like Dizzy and Clark Terry and Freddie Hubbard.  Ballads as good as Chet Baker, IMO.

I have never gotten excited about Miles Davis since he broke out in Birth of the Cool.  Too dark for me in Sketches of Spain, for example.

Here's the real bombshell:  although you can see I know and love jazz (having listened to jazz since I was about 8 years old), my favorite music is actually classical music--the really good composers and musicians, not the obscure composers that are so often showcased on the average snotty college classical FM stations.  (Most of the obscure composers are obscure for good reason.)

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2016, 04:08:05 pm »

I have never gotten excited about Miles Davis since he broke out in Birth of the Cool.  Too dark for me in Sketches of Spain, for example.

I agree, but I still think that "Kind of Blue" and "Milestones" would be "stranded on a desert island" albums for me, no matter how often I hear it.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2016, 04:20:08 pm »

Their job is to make it look like the crowning was a legitimate choice of the people… just like the Politburo did in the Soviet Union when they had "elections".

You're probably right.  But since I agree with almost every word of the petition, I am still signing it.  (With enough signatures, we might even encourage a revolt on the first ballot.  There are reportedly hundreds of Trump delegates who now don't want him to be the nominee.  Even if it fails, I think it is important for America to see how widely Trump is disliked in the Republican Party--and that it is politically and spiritually stupid to fawn after such a conspicuously phony evangelical as Trump.)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2016, 05:04:23 pm »
If this petition were actually successful, here is what it would accomplish:

1) Trump supporters, both "believers" and "realists", would likely abandon the party in droves.

2) GOP congressional candidates would get crushed, with Trump voters likely voting for their opponents out of anger

3) the GOP nominee would get crushed by Hillary.

4) Permanent alienation/split in the party.

What if this was the plan all along and Trump is just playing his part to help accomplish that?

The GOP has already been morphed into the Democrat Party, we know this.   They are the ones who actually handed Obama his dictatorship and went to war on the Conservative base.  The Democrats went full Communist/Maoist, but capturing and merging both parties into a single Party has been a longtime Communist goal in America.

The Ruling Class playing this game of denying the nominee the nomination - would ensure it's elimination and the crowning of Hildabeast.

Because in a post velvet-coup mobocracy- this is how totalitarianism is permanently established.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline the_doc

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2016, 09:40:53 pm »

I agree, but I still think that "Kind of Blue" and "Milestones" would be "stranded on a desert island" albums for me, no matter how often I hear it.

I have heard good things recently about Milestones, so I will check it out.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2016, 09:45:12 pm »
I have heard good things recently about Milestones, so I will check it out.

Still some of the "modal" stuff like "kind of blue", but it also swings pretty good.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2016, 01:30:55 am »
Duh...that's because no one else is running!    :silly: :silly:

Quite right and ever so insightful, as are all comments by you anti-Trumpsters ("Screw it, I'll vote for Hillary just for the satisfaction of seeing you mobsters lose."). Of course, I do wonder if you realize "no one else is running" is the result of that very data I posted and you so very cleverly sought to ridicule. IOW, to make it, as I must, simpler for you to understand the reason no one else running is because he defeated the field, all 16 of opponents.

DUH!
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2016, 02:17:46 am »
Still some of the "modal" stuff like "kind of blue", but it also swings pretty good.

Milestones was just before the modal breakthrough of Kind of Blue.  It's the Miles/Coltrane quintet hard and pure.   Even better are the four Prestige records, Workin' Steamin', Cookin', and Relaxin',  all recorded in a day or two to satisfy a contractual obligation,  where five musicians jam their repertoire to mark forever a moment in time.   It Never Entered My Mind gives me the chills,  even now thirty years after I first heard it.   

It Never Entered My Mind
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:25:24 am by Jazzhead »

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2016, 02:43:03 am »
Here's your petition:

Candidate
Donald Trump

Home state
New York

Estimated delegate count
1,119[1]]

Contests won

Popular vote
10,994,897[2]

Percentage
40.6%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016

No one else is even close.
Looks like a rigged system!  :dx1:
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

A-Lert

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2016, 03:08:59 am »
As a strong, principled  conservative I would never spam a petition but it might be something a Trump supporter would do.

Nah, Trump schlonged the competition fair and square in spite of the GOP effort to denigrate and eliminate him.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2016, 03:37:29 am »
Milestones was just before the modal breakthrough of Kind of Blue.  It's the Miles/Coltrane quintet hard and pure.   Even better are the four Prestige records, Workin' Steamin', Cookin', and Relaxin',  all recorded in a day or two to satisfy a contractual obligation,  where five musicians jam their repertoire to mark forever a moment in time.   It Never Entered My Mind gives me the chills,  even now thirty years after I first heard it.   

It Never Entered My Mind

I have one of the prestige 4 (workin'?) whichever one has "half Nelson" on it. At least I think I do, I hadn't seen it in a while. LOL