Author Topic: No Kasich Does Not Want to Be Trump's Running Mate  (Read 235 times)

Offline libertybele

No Kasich Does Not Want to Be Trump's Running Mate
« on: May 11, 2016, 08:27:51 pm »
Obviously then, Kasich stayed in to simply block a conservative; namely Cruz.  That in itself is despicable.  What I find truly interesting in the article is that not only has Kasich stated he would not be Trump's VP, but Portman has declined as well.  Let's see, that makes; Kasich, Portman, Rubio, Haley, Martinez and Scott who have all declined.  Looks like Trump has a VP problem ... don't worry jelly-doughnut boy to the rescue!   :silly:

No, Kasich does not want to be Trump’s running mate

It seems hard to bury the notion that Ohio Gov. John Kasich will end up as Donald Trump’s running mate.

Kasich, for one, has said there is “zero chance” he will accept the No. 2 position on the Republican ticket coming out of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. “Never. No chance,” his campaign spokesman said.

The governor and the presumptive nominee often were opposites in style and substance during the campaign — Kasich suspended his run a week ago today — with Kasich saying Trump cannot win come Nov. 8.

Yet, a small group of pro-Trump Ohio Republicans, as first reported by Bloomberg, apparently is promoting a Trump-Kasich ticket, saying the governor would bring executive experience to the ticket and help Trump carry all-important Ohio.

A couple of top state Republicans, who requested that their chuckles remain anonymous, laughed at the prospect.

While declining to reveal identities, Trumbull County Republican Chairman Randy Law said he knows of an upcoming meeting, which he will not be attending, at which some Ohio Republicans will talk about recruiting Kasich to consider a VP slot next to Trump.

“I think it’s a good idea once the dust settles,” said Law, who supports Trump. “If the Trump campaign is truly interested, and I hope they are, I hope (Kasich) is at least willing to sit down and listen.”

The New York City billionaire won 34 of Ohio’s 88 counties — largely across Appalachia — in the March 15 Republican primary, which Kasich won 47 percent to 36 percent statewide for his lone win. Trumbull County gave Trump his biggest victory over Kasich in the state, 53 percent to 34 percent.

Ohio Republican Party officials declined comment, pointing to Kasich’s statements that he is not in play as a nominee for vice president. The governor, who presided Tuesday over his first cabinet meeting since he left the race, frequently has said he already has the second-best job in the nation.

Franklin County Republican Chairman Doug Preisse, a Kasich confidant who campaigned with the governor, said, “He made a gallant effort to run for the top spot as president. We’ve been overwhelmed with positive messages from across the country. There’s an awful lot of buyer’s remorse out there right now.”

Trump himself expressed doubts to CBNC on Thursday that Kasich was his man. “I would say probably it’s unlikely that it will be John. I’m not sure that John even wants it,” he said.

One Trump insider said last week that Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, also was on an early short list for VP. Portman said he is not interested.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/11/no-kasich-does-not-want-to-be-trumps-running-mate.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: No Kasich Does Not Want to Be Trump's Running Mate
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 08:43:12 pm »
Obviously then, Kasich stayed in to simply block a conservative; namely Cruz.  That in itself is despicable 

Or perhaps he honestly felt he was the best man for the job.  I know I certainly did.   There are plenty of us seasoned folks who tend to favor Reagan/Kemp conservatives over TEA party conservatives.   That doesn't make us despicable - just old and nostalgic for what used to be (such as polls showing an old Reagan hand trouncing Hillary in the polls).

Kasich could have led a second Reagan revolution.   Instead we get to hold our noses and hope the country survives the next four years.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide