Author Topic: Newt Gingrich Tops Trump's VP List  (Read 5144 times)

HAPPY2BME

Re: Newt Gingrich Tops Trump's VP List
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 04:15:15 pm »
Newt has come a long way.

Trump still needs a minority VP though.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 04:21:52 pm »

Minority, woman or geographical.

Ohio may be that important and yes, Kasich said he'd never be anyone's vice-presidential running mate but a lot of people say such things.

I'm not plugging Kasich here.

I sure like Newt; so whatever is the best choice, go for it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2016, 04:28:24 pm »

He has come a long way from his rhetoric in the 80's and early 90's. John Boehner used to be a rocked ribbed Conservative until he wet his beak in the DC trough.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2016, 05:11:14 pm »
He has come a long way from his rhetoric in the 80's and early 90's. John Boehner used to be a rocked ribbed Conservative until he wet his beak in the DC trough.

As did John Cornyn.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 05:20:08 pm »
A presidential ticket consisting of two of the least popular people in the country with an average age of over 70?  What could go wrong?

Wingnut

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 05:47:18 pm »

Maybe he can dig up a Muslim for a VP.  A Saudi Muslum that is.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 08:38:07 pm »
Newt would be good. I think even Donald knows he's in over his head, but Newt is a solid conservative for the most part (save for some embarassing photo shoots with Pelosi). Plus nobody knows government, policy, or procedure more than him.

I'd feel better voting for Donald with Newt as the power behind the throne.

I figure King Trumpy would fire the Newt after about a year....... except..... Kings don't really fire people.... so I guess he'd have him drawn and quartered or something....... :)
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 08:40:46 pm »
Trump/Gingrich 2016: It Is What It Is!

Good campaign slogan.  :laugh:

They can chat about all their ex-wives  :silly:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline kjam22

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 08:45:39 pm »

They can chat about all their ex-wives  :silly:

Could be a record setting  campaign.   Between the two of them they have been married 6 times......  that might be a record for President and VP.....   
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 09:02:20 pm »
But it would be somewhat nostalgic to see the Democrats drag out all those Gingrich criticisms they used to spew around the clock.   I guess Team Tabloid Trump has forgotten that.

Nostalgic is right. Clintons and Gingrich in the news again after 20 years. Can't these DC people ever just go away and disappear?

Wingnut

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2016, 09:10:30 pm »
Nostalgic is right. Clintons and Gingrich in the news again after 20 years. Can't these DC people ever just go away and disappear?

Old politicians never die, they just get devoted...or join Law Firms.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 09:25:59 pm »
Old politicians never die, they just get devoted...or join Law Firms.
Can we give the big-government statist presumptive narcississt-in-chief the boot and nominate Newt instead?  :0001:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2016, 11:10:09 pm »
A presidential ticket consisting of two of the least popular people in the country with an average age of over 70?  What could go wrong?

Lots of things, and I won't/can't enthusiastically defend the idea, but Gingrich is the best name besides Bernie,  if Trump really wants to win that I've seen floated. Gingrich could very will bring some of the 30-40% of the Conservative electorate like me that are NeverTrump to hold their noses and vote Trump.  Bernie could bring some of the 20-30% of the Dims who are NeverHil to vote for Trump.

I don't think, even then, Trump has much of a chance but this might be his best shot..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:13:46 pm by montanajoe »

geronl

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2016, 11:30:09 pm »
did Bernie say no...

geronl

Wingnut

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 12:02:43 am »
Can we give the big-government statist presumptive narcississt-in-chief the boot and nominate Newt instead?  :0001:

Well, Someone has to win the lotto.  We might have a better chance buying a ticket!  :)

Offline Fantom

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 12:11:51 am »
Frank, I think he's running out of options.   But, I agree with you.

Yep, seriously.. what Conservative ...much less Tea.. up and comer would take a chance with this.. it is like calling to roll boxcars at the crap table.

I figured a fringe element or a washed out one would have to do. Buy Scam Wow needs someone who is .. or used to be a real Conservative.. Otherwise the Orange one goes with a Christy type...LOL.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 01:20:08 am »
Trump even considering Gingrich I find very interesting as Gingrich had several 'run ins' with Billy when in office and most recently stated that donations from foreign governments to the Clinton Foundation during the four years Hillary served as secretary of state were illegal under federal law and further commented "the Constitution of the United States says you cannot take money from foreign governments without explicit permission of the Congress".

Newt didn't even come close to winning in 2012 as the baggage in his past was brought to light, by both the DEMS and his opponents.   His qualifications to be Vice President based on his political experience and superior knowledge though is undeniable.

Some thoughts come to mind; the office of the VP doesn't really do a whole lot. Would Trump actually allow Gingrich to lead from the side lines as many think and hope he would do (Trump admittedly is in over his head)? Would Trump actually listen to Gingrich?? 

Perhaps the biggest question in my mind ... would Trump simply use Gingrich to only bolster his chances of winning?

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.