Author Topic: Running Unopposed, Trump Manages To Lose Almost Half of Nebraska Primary Vote  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/05/11/running-unopposed-trump-manages-lose-half-nebraska-primary-vote-cruz-rubio-kasich-carson/

Tonight, unopposed presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump still managed to lose almost half the votes cast in the Nebraska primary election. What a mandate!

Trump came in at about 61% of the vote, meaning the other nearly 40% voted against him, despite knowing that everyone else had dropped out of the race.

Ted Cruz got 18.5%, John Kasich 11.39%, and Marco Rubio got 3.63%. Amazingly, Trump supporter and lackey Dr. Ben Carson himself took 5% of the vote from the boss. And by “amazingly,” I mean bwa ha ha ha ha ha.

That’s Trump’s big win tonight. Unopposed. Do recall how he said it was really hard to get a high percent of the vote with so many opponents. Do recall he said getting just 60% of the vote in his home state of New York was only because he had two other opponents. And then realize he had ZERO opponents tonight and still barely broke 60.

Oh yeah, real popular guy. We’re super impressed, Donald. What a victory.

Offline LonestarDream

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

geronl

and the Trumpers will crow and celebrate this HUGE win. lol

Offline washi

How much early voting goes on in Nebraska?

You know, I may need to find a new disussion forum site. I got banned from TOS because I refused to stop supporting Cruz and continued to criticise Trump.

I may have to leave this site because I refuse to give Hillary the presidency.

Some of you "Never Trump"ers are just as batshit crazy as the slackjawed yokel Trump followers on TOS.

Trump may suck, but Hillary sucks much worse.
Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump

You know, I may need to find a new disussion forum site. I got banned from TOS because I refused to stop supporting Cruz and continued to criticise Trump.

Some of you "Never Trump"ers are just as batshit crazy as the slackjawed yokel Trump followers on TOS.

That's what is nice about this site. Nobody is asking us to toe any particular line. None of that "Support the nominee,"  or "support the lesser of two evils," stuff from on high. It's the difference between being a discussion forum and an activist site. I prefer the former.  TBR allows for freedom of conscience which is something the TOS does not allow. And my conscience is telling me I cannot vote for Trump.

Offline ThePatriotFile

• #NEVERCLINTON

To each their own......

I support Ted Cruz  and can't stand Trump and abhor Clinton (calling her by her first name is too nice)

I am still personally working out for myself what I will do in the voting booth come November.   I have voted for a Republican entire ticket since I was old enough to vote.  So that means I unfortunately voted for McCain and Romney.  I don't know if I can or even want to vote for the lesser of evils in November. This time I am not sure what that is.   We all know what Clinton is and Trump is a chameleon. Trump has said as many things I agree with as I don't.  The dishonest destruction of probably the most conservative candidate we have had in a long time is an unforgivable offense.

But what I like about this site is you can flesh out those ideas, that is what a discussion forum is supposed to be about. 
At TOS, that idea is completely gone, no discussion unless it conforms to group-think. 

I am #NeverClinton and am still holding out hope that some day we may end up with strong conservatives at all levels of the government.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:35:27 am by ThePatriotFile »

Offline libertybele

Please by all means, find another forum ... don't let me stop you! As the old saying goes ... don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out!  :silly: Trump is a LIBERAL.  Trump has NO CLUE.  Trump doesn't know how the government functions including the executive branch nor the Constitution and acts like a fifth grader. He is a narcissist who I view will be a danger to this country. For a very long time I have NOT voted for anyone whom I feel will continue this country on its current path of destruction, therefore I will NOT and cannot VOTE for Trump.  I will NOT and cannot VOTE for Hillary.  If you don't understand that and comprehend that if everyone voted their conscious instead of everyone that has an 'R' by their name regardless of their actions and core principles, then you are part of the problem rather than the solution. 

Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Not everyone on this site is NeverTrump who are also anti-Trump. I'm not.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

There is no doubt Hillary sucks.  She is corrupt and will do anything for money; including betray her country and young rape victims.   I have a very difficult time understanding how Trump is better.  In fact I think he's far worse because he's more charismatic and unpredictable.   Hillary doesn't give a crap about anyone unless you're in her way.   

Trump will go out of his way to punish you for disagreeing with him.  His rabid followers are the same.   

I possibly could have supported him after Cruz dropped out.  However he just wont turn the attacks off.  He demands blind obedience or he will kneecap you.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sinkspur

Hope you don't leave, but I won't vote for anybody who sucks.   And how are we, who warned and warned the Trumploos that we would never support their boy, crazy for carrying through on our promise?

You go ahead and vote for an unstable, authoritarian, incoherent populist demagogue. 

I will not.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Context matters.

Nebraska is a Caucus State where Cruz/GOPe ground game was already in place and had the advantage with Caucus voting. Even Cruz was hopeful what he had set up before would win him the State allowing him to restart his failed campaign. 

Bottom line, Nebraska was the last of the Cruz Ground game and its best effort to derail Trump. So all the chatter of how bad he did is BS.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

Here's another reason not to vote for Trump:

His gangster campaign boss--Manafort (he of the shinola hair)--said this:

"It's the ultimate reality show. It's the presidency of the United States."

Guess what you call someone who falls for being suckered?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Why would you have to leave here for not supporting Hillary?

And, why do you find it necessary to denigrate the never-Trumpers?  Just state your case and move on to the next topic. 

Offline plewis1250

Context matters.

Nebraska is a Caucus State where Cruz/GOPe ground game was already in place and had the advantage with Caucus voting. Even Cruz was hopeful what he had set up before would win him the State allowing him to restart his failed campaign. 

Bottom line, Nebraska was the last of the Cruz Ground game and its best effort to derail Trump. So all the chatter of how bad he did is BS.

Nebraska DNC caucuses, but the GOP was a Primary state. Closed Primary, but primary nonetheless. Your argument is invalid.
The results from Nebraska last night were the results of an EXTREMELY WEAK candidate. Running unopposed, and the man barely clinches a majority.

This should make it CRYSTAL CLEAR what we are up against in November with Trump as our candidate: defeat. Not just defeat, but defeat all the way down the ticket. Look at what happened in Indiana with the Senate race. A ROCK SOLID conservative was defeated by a liberal GOPe guy. Trump brought out supporters of liberals.

And look at their rhetoric. His supporters want to burn the whole damn place down. Destroy the GOP. Trump is the answer. How do you think they will vote down ticket? Straight Republican? Guess again.

We are looking at utter destruction of the Republican Party. All to appease a bunch of bomb throwers whom have no CLUE what they are doing or how they are voting. They are angry and just want results! Damn the results! Who cares what they are! At least we WIN!!!!

This is probably the most precarious position our republic (yes, republic, we are NOT a democracy) has ever been in. We are facing a monumental uphill battle, and we are putting forward a leader whom is weak, cowardice, and narcissistic. We are doomed to failure with Donald Trump leading the charge, and the only people who are to blame, are those that support him.

I know for me, I will not soil MY reputation with jumping in line with such an ineffective leader.

Donald J. Trump is not my nominee, and never will be.

#NeverTrump
#NeverHillary
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

Offline Mechanicos

Nebraska DNC caucuses, but the GOP was a Primary state. Closed Primary, but primary nonetheless. Your argument is invalid.
The results from Nebraska last night were the results of an EXTREMELY WEAK candidate. Running unopposed, and the man barely clinches a majority.

This should make it CRYSTAL CLEAR what we are up against in November with Trump as our candidate: defeat. Not just defeat, but defeat all the way down the ticket. Look at what happened in Indiana with the Senate race. A ROCK SOLID conservative was defeated by a liberal GOPe guy. Trump brought out supporters of liberals.

And look at their rhetoric. His supporters want to burn the whole damn place down. Destroy the GOP. Trump is the answer. How do you think they will vote down ticket? Straight Republican? Guess again.

We are looking at utter destruction of the Republican Party. All to appease a bunch of bomb throwers whom have no CLUE what they are doing or how they are voting. They are angry and just want results! Damn the results! Who cares what they are! At least we WIN!!!!

This is probably the most precarious position our republic (yes, republic, we are NOT a democracy) has ever been in. We are facing a monumental uphill battle, and we are putting forward a leader whom is weak, cowardice, and narcissistic. We are doomed to failure with Donald Trump leading the charge, and the only people who are to blame, are those that support him.

I know for me, I will not soil MY reputation with jumping in line with such an ineffective leader.

#NeverTrump
#NeverHillary

BS #alwaysHillary. Cruz's ground game and people were still in place, so were his slate of potential delegates. He targeted voter-less places where the arm-twisting could nullify the people's votes. Cruz pac money was funded to the middle of the month.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

#NeverTrump
#NeverHillary

Welcome and well said.  This is a fight, for sure.  And there will be a fight right here in the coming months.  We will be pressured to vote for Trump, to "come along in friendship." 

Reminds me of a scene from "A Man for all Seasons."  More and his friend  the Duke of Norfolk are discussing Henry VIII's desire for a divorce:

The Duke of Norfolk: Oh confound all this. I'm not a scholar, I don't know whether the marriage was lawful or not but dammit, Thomas, look at these names! Why can't you do as I did and come with us, for fellowship!

Sir Thomas More: And when we die, and you are sent to heaven for doing your conscience, and I am sent to hell for not doing mine, will you come with me, for fellowship?

Offline GrouchoTex

Give it time, the election is 6 months from now, and this campaign was the ugliest I remember, since I started voting in 1984.
I've voted "R" every time and probably will again, but it took me quite awhile to get used to McCain and Romney being the nominees as well.
In 1996 I went as far as the district convention as a delegate, but couldn't commit to the time off to go further (Yes, I was attempting to be one of those people that "rigged" the system, LOL).
So, a lot of us, for better or worse, have been party loyalist.
It won't be as easy this time.
It is as if we have a choice between a loud democrat and a louder democrat.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Trump will go out of his way to punish you for disagreeing with him.  His rabid followers are the same.   

I possibly could have supported him after Cruz dropped out.  However he just wont turn the attacks off.  He demands blind obedience or he will kneecap you.

I have the same take on Trump. He is a vindictive crude man. He is also a big government liberal. I am struggling with whether to write in Cruz or vote Libertarian. The GOP is dead after the Trump coup fueled by billions worth of free advertising from the media.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline MBB1984

Hillary would be the worst nominee ever by any party.  Her leftist views, unethical and illegal behavior pale in comparison to Trump or any other candidate.  Unfortunately, she has many supporters on this site.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

@washi

No need to get personal...I guess you're looking for something akin to TOS with regards to echo chambers?

This site promotes open and civil discussion, even if there's disagreement.

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hillary would be the worst nominee ever by any party.  Her leftist views, unethical and illegal behavior pale in comparison to Trump or any other candidate.  Unfortunately, she has many supporters on this site.

Now, that's just obnoxious.  You know that's not true. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

Trump only took 60 something percent of the GOP closed primary vote.  That tells something in itself about how registered party voter think about the candidates.  The question now is which delegates are selected this Saturday. Sure Trump won the winner take all 36 delegates, but will he actually get Trump supported delegates? Maybe Cruz can pull out another coup and send Cruz in Trump/Sheep clothing.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hope you don't leave, but I won't vote for anybody who sucks.   And how are we, who warned and warned the Trumploos that we would never support their boy, crazy for carrying through on our promise?

You go ahead and vote for an unstable, authoritarian, incoherent populist demagogue. 

I will not.

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Bill Cipher

Welcome and well said.  This is a fight, for sure.  And there will be a fight right here in the coming months.  We will be pressured to vote for Trump, to "come along in friendship." 

Reminds me of a scene from "A Man for all Seasons."  More and his friend  the Duke of Norfolk are discussing Henry VIII's desire for a divorce:

The Duke of Norfolk: Oh confound all this. I'm not a scholar, I don't know whether the marriage was lawful or not but dammit, Thomas, look at these names! Why can't you do as I did and come with us, for fellowship!

Sir Thomas More: And when we die, and you are sent to heaven for doing your conscience, and I am sent to hell for not doing mine, will you come with me, for fellowship?

goopo