Author Topic: Lynch: States Can't 'Insist' a Man is a Man and a Woman is a Woman, If Person Feels Otherwise  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
(CNSNews.com) - The U.S. Justice Department is putting the feelings of transgenders -- men who think they are women and women who think they are men -- above the privacy rights of the vast majority of people who don't contest the biological facts of who they actually are.

"And what we must not do, what we must never do, is turn on our neighbors, our family members, our fellow Americans for something that they cannot control and deny what makes them human," Attorney General Loretta Lynch said on Monday.

"[N]one of us can stand by when a state enters the business of legislating identity and insists that a person pretend to be something or someone that they are not."

But Lynch was referring to people who, in fact, are pretending to be something that -- biologically -- they are not. A man "identifying" as a woman is not a biological woman. And likewise, a woman "identifying" as a man is not a biological man. Until now, that is, when the federal government has determined that biological facts matter less than wishes and feelings.

Lynch announced a federal civil rights lawsuit against North Carolina because of the state's new law (HB-2), which requires transgender people in public facilities to use the restrooms consistent with their sex "as noted at birth," rather than the restrooms that fit their "gender identity."

Read  more:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/ag-lynch-states-cannot-insist-man-man-and-woman-woman-if-they-feel
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

When I was in college, many years ago, we studied a book by S.I. Hayakawa called "Language in Thought and Action." What I remember from it is that "the word is not the thing" (he may not have come up with that notion, but he expounded on it).

The word is not the thing. I may call this object in my hand a pencil but if it's really the fruit of a particular tree, it has a red skin and seeds in the middle, then it's an apple - and I can't write with it.

Any mentally ill man may call himself a basketball, Pope Pius or a baked potato, but that doesn't mean he is a basketball, Pope Pius or a baked potato. He's still a man. You can't toss him through the hoop, he won't be living in the Vatican City anytime soon heading up a church, and he still won't be edible even when slathered in butter.

This is how I see the self-proclaimed transgender. You may say you is, but you just ain't.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

So it's OK to rob banks as long as I don't 'feel' like a bank robber.  It's OK to sell heroin as long as I don't 'feel' like a drug dealer.  And it's OK not to pay taxes as long as I don't 'feel' like a tax evader.

And what about those of us who do not 'feel' that Obama is our President?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bob434

so in her mind we can't insist that people who commit bestiality aren't animals themselves, or that people who have sex with the dead aren't dead themselves, or that pedophiles aren't actually little kids themselves- or that bank robbers aren't 'financial re-distributors  who are doing the public a service if they 'feel like they are innocent'

[["[N]one of us can stand by when a state enters the business of legislating identity]]

so a pedophile that 'identifies' as 'a sex educator' can't be legislated against huh? What? Trannies don't commit crimes like other deviant practitioners do you say? They don't commit crimes? First, they ARE# committing a crime by invading the privacy of women and children- Second- the following video puts the LIE that trannies are just 'harmless individuals who simply want ot feel comfortable in a bathroom of their choice' (WHILE ignoring the FACT that they make everyone else uncomfortable- How come 0.03% of the population's feelings are more important that 99+% of hte rest of the population's feelings? Why does 0.03% of the population 'get to feel comfortable' while 99% are forced to become uncomfortable?)

The following video is an eye opening video which proves that people are not simply fear mongering over this issue- Crimes ARE being committed already, even though it's now against the law for men to use women's bathrooms- IF we allow them free reign to use them- then it's only going to get worse- much worse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzwMJAFWLtQ

This is absolutely friggin unreal that we're even having to fight for a basic moral right to protect our women and children from this sickness spreading across this ocutnry and being encouraged by Godless liberals!!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When I was in college, many years ago, we studied a book by S.I. Hayakawa called "Language in Thought and Action." What I remember from it is that "the word is not the thing" (he may not have come up with that notion, but he expounded on it).

The word is not the thing. I may call this object in my hand a pencil but if it's really the fruit of a particular tree, it has a red skin and seeds in the middle, then it's an apple - and I can't write with it.

Any mentally ill man may call himself a basketball, Pope Pius or a baked potato, but that doesn't mean he is a basketball, Pope Pius or a baked potato. He's still a man. You can't toss him through the hoop, he won't be living in the Vatican City anytime soon heading up a church, and he still won't be edible even when slathered in butter.

This is how I see the self-proclaimed transgender. You may say you is, but you just ain't.

Yep. If I can 'identify' as something, then why can't I identify as a cat, and demand litter boxes in public bathrooms? Or trans-racial to get that black scholarship to the Ivy League college? Why can't a 45 y/o pedophile man identify as a 'trans-generational' 12 y/o and bugger 10 y/o little girl? Or illegal immigrants saying they're American citizens as soon as they cross the border?

What's the difference between that and 'transgender'? None of it is based on facts and science. How can there be rule of law if one can say 'well I'm this' when they're not?
The Republic is lost.

Offline bob434

[[ The word is not the thing.

Any mentally ill man may call himself a basketball, Pope Pius or a baked potato, but that doesn't mean he is a basketball, Pope Pius or a baked potato. He's still a man. You can't toss him through the hoop, he won't be living in the Vatican City anytime soon heading up a church, and he still won't be edible even when slathered in butter.]]

Absolutely it's not the thing- which is why it's so freakin unbelievable that we are even having to fight to retain common sense- common sense is under attack- morality is under attack- the lie is becoming the truth- by force- our own government is forcing us out of an objective moral society where objective laws matter into a subjective society where only a person's immoral feelings matter-

Offline kidd

Thought penis = male. Thought vagina = female.
Real penis = meaningless. Real vagina = meaningless

Where have we seen this before?

In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense. And what was terrifying was not that they would kill you for thinking otherwise, but that they might be right. For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable – what then?

Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell

Oh yeah.
There

Offline PinkFlipFlops

AG Lynch ought to be retired to the looney bin. She knows absolutely nothing about the rule of law. This woman should be the laughingstock of the world and made to resign!

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bob434

Liberty Counsel's Mat Staver: Some of the Transgender Bathroom Advocates Are Pedophiles

[["This is a common-sense provision. The fact is we know sexual assaults occur, they are going to occur with or without these laws, there's no question about that,” said Staver on the “Faith and Freedom” radio show on May 9.  “People commit sexual assaults. They commit them in buildings. They commit them in restrooms.”

“But what you have now done -- knowing that sexual assaults occur, knowing that they occur in these places where women are trapped and they can't get out -- now what we've done, through these laws, is we've opened the door for every rapist and pedophile,” said Staver.]]

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/liberty-counsels-mat-staver-some-transgender-bathroom-advocates-are

Offline Charlespg

Liberty Counsel's Mat Staver: Some of the Transgender Bathroom Advocates Are Pedophiles

[["This is a common-sense provision. The fact is we know sexual assaults occur, they are going to occur with or without these laws, there's no question about that,” said Staver on the “Faith and Freedom” radio show on May 9.  “People commit sexual assaults. They commit them in buildings. They commit them in restrooms.”

“But what you have now done -- knowing that sexual assaults occur, knowing that they occur in these places where women are trapped and they can't get out -- now what we've done, through these laws, is we've opened the door for every rapist and pedophile,” said Staver.]]

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/liberty-counsels-mat-staver-some-transgender-bathroom-advocates-are
We are too law abiding my fathers generation and the proceeding ones would have have these freaks and their liberal SJW and enablers fleeing for their miserable lives
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"Lynch announced a federal civil rights lawsuit against North Carolina because of the state's new law (HB-2), which requires transgender people in public facilities to use the restrooms consistent with their sex "as noted at birth," rather than the restrooms that fit their "gender identity."

So, I take it, this is just for public facilities but that may well spill over into private facilities, gym clubs, workplaces, restaurants, I'm trying to understand this. So as of now, this would only be say, like governmental buildings and the like? Or all places?

I mean, civil rights in the '60s applied to everywhere, restaurants, etc.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
[[ The word is not the thing.

Any mentally ill man may call himself a basketball, Pope Pius or a baked potato, but that doesn't mean he is a basketball, Pope Pius or a baked potato. He's still a man. You can't toss him through the hoop, he won't be living in the Vatican City anytime soon heading up a church, and he still won't be edible even when slathered in butter.]]

Absolutely it's not the thing- which is why it's so freakin unbelievable that we are even having to fight to retain common sense- common sense is under attack- morality is under attack- the lie is becoming the truth- by force- our own government is forcing us out of an objective moral society where objective laws matter into a subjective society where only a person's immoral feelings matter-

DNA doesn't lie!  Y=male  no Y=female period.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline The_Reader_David

Legislation making distinctions on the basis of biological sex is not "legislating identity", just making distinctions on the basis of the objective categories biological sex, rather than the purely subjective categories of "gender identity".
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Legislation making distinctions on the basis of biological sex is not "legislating identity", just making distinctions on the basis of the objective categories biological sex, rather than the purely subjective categories of "gender identity".

:amen:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

This is not a minor skirmish.
If the State can tell you who is a male and who is a female, regardless of evidence to the contrary, the State takes one more step towards being the ultimate authority. The Statists so desire to be done with unalienable rights endowed by our Creator.

Offline verga

I did not think it was possible to find a person less competent than Eric Holder, but Obozo outdid himself again. 8888crybaby
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I have decided to self-identify as a government-resistant, tax-immune billionaire.  As such, the government has no right to deny me anything I am entitled to based on my self-proclaimed identity.  For now, I will accept exclusions from federal impositions such as taxes and TSA screenings.  In the future, as more and more politicians pander to my needs, i will expect the government to actually make me a billionaire so that i will not have to experience the deep mental anguish that occurs when people are not able to fulfill their deeply held and uncontrollable delusions -- um, I mean, identities.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obviously the people promoting this, such as Lynch, are idiots, so I will not go into that. However, I feel compelled to point out the unintended consequences these idiots are willingly or ignorantly unleashing.

The very idea that "Law" no longer has a legal definition of 'male' or 'female', could have profound ramifications on a far reaching group of settled and future legal precedent.

If the Law can no longer distinguish male from female except based on some whimsical amorphous "feeling", then they can no longer have a legal definition for a whole host of other issues.

Who is Black and who is not? The courts say, "We don't know?"
Who is American and who is not? "We don't know?"
Who is American Indian and who is not? "We don't know?"
Can a man and a woman have a marriage legally defined as a 'gay marriage'?
Can a gay couple have a marriage legally defined as a 'straight marriage'?

It all depends on how they identify.

If there is no longer such a thing as a man and a woman, then there can no longer be such a thing as a gay marriage, I guess? I don't know?

If this passes, it will have long lasting repercussions and will lead to chaos in the American legal system. If nothing is definable in objective absolute terms, then there can be no 'Law'. Law becomes irrelevant, and takes a submissive position to how the people involved "feel".
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:43:15 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Obviously the people promoting this, such as Lynch, are idiots, so I will not go into that. However, I feel compelled to point out the unintended consequences these idiots are willingly or ignorantly unleashing.

The very idea that "Law" no longer has a legal definition of 'male' or 'female', could have profound ramifications on a far reaching group of settled and future legal precedent.

If the Law can no longer distinguish male from female except based on some whimsical amorphous "feeling", then they can no longer have a legal definition for a whole host of other issues.

Who is Black and who is not? The courts say, "We don't know?"
Who is American and who is not? "We don't know?"
Who is American Indian and who is not? "We don't know?"
Can a man and a woman have a marriage legally defined as a 'gay marriage'?
Can a gay couple have a marriage legally defined as a 'straight marriage'?

It all depends on how they identify.

If there is no longer such a thing as a man and a woman, then there can no longer be such a thing as a gay marriage, I guess? I don't know?

If this passes, it will have long lasting repercussions and will lead to chaos in the American legal system. If nothing is definable in objective absolute terms, then there can be no 'Law'. Law becomes irrelevant, and takes a submissive position to how the people involved "feel".

The next step if we aren't there already is that one could take a shower wherever as well.  That would be rather wild at a gym. This is also just lunacy.

Offline WAC

I have an announcement:  I want to be called Loretta.

I 'feel' like a billionaire!...Make it happen Loretta.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Relic wrote above:
"This is not a minor skirmish.
If the State can tell you who is a male and who is a female, regardless of evidence to the contrary, the State takes one more step towards being the ultimate authority. The Statists so desire to be done with unalienable rights endowed by our Creator."

Right out of Orwell's "1984".

Fishrrman's credo:
"Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be."

The leftists' credo:
"Reality is what we tell you it is."