Author Topic: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already  (Read 33791 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2016, 09:56:20 pm »
Exactly. So here we are. Two "liberals." The question is whether either is tolerable.

You are too kind.

I think that what we have is a Populist/Fascist and a Marxist/Communist as the heir's apparent to the throne that the GOP and the Democrat party have enabled for the Executive.

We get a Statist-Dictator with no regard for the Constitution or the limits on power in both of them.

They are going to "save" the country, and/or make it great again for certain select peoples who bend the knee.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2016, 10:29:09 pm »
To insult Trump is to insult his voters.---Jack Cashill.

Wonderful. A writer for a publication calling itself The American Thinker makes a case that calling
him a thinker means you're speaking with a lisp. This isn't a thinker, this is a man making his
own small contribution to the contingency that would stifle, not sustain debate and dissent.

Many have been the most intelligent people around who have voted for charlatans unworthy of their
intelligence. This year we have two such charlatans. And hosts of intelligent people supporting them
who are far worthier than the charlatans of their choice.

#NeverTrumpOrHillary

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:06:31 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2016, 11:02:14 pm »

@EasyAce

Why are you attributing the quote to me?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 11:03:03 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Spook

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2016, 11:05:39 pm »
I'm sorry, but myself and millions of other Americans are not voting for Donald Trump.
He is an idiot, he has no plan, he is an obvious liberal and in no way shape or form does he represent me. When I see him and Hillary side by side, I see them as twins. They are the exact same.

geronl

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2016, 11:08:24 pm »
Trump is not above insults.

Trump should be criticized when he is wrong, which is very often.

Conservatives who find Trump to be unpalatable have every right to say it and to not support his candidacy.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2016, 11:50:40 pm »
That is absolute crap right there, and honestly, it's the kind of argument that really pisses me off because it is so damn disingenuous.

This guy is essentially saying that he is voting for Trump because he thinks Hillary is worse.  I can respect that opinion, and not look down on a person who votes for Trump for that reason.  But how does that preclude insulting Trump himself?  Heck, I might end up voting for him for the same reason, yet I can go all day ripping him up and down.  So am I insulting myself if I insult Trump?  Voters - especially voters in a general election -- are only presented with two candidates who have a realistic chance to win, and choosing one of those two candidates over the other does not mean that you agree with everything that candidate has said or done.  So it is entirely possible to insult/despise Trump without insulting/despising everyone who decides to vote for the guy.

I can't believe anyone is either 1) dumb enough, or 2) dishonest enough, to make that argument with a straight face.

And on top of that, it also means that everyone who insulted any other candidate during the primary was also insulting the voters who supported that candidate.  Hogwash.  Talk about a "safe-space" bit of whining....

One of two posters here I have on ignore. She ain't a he!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 11:52:27 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2016, 12:05:46 am »
@EasyAce

Why are you attributing the quote to me?

A mere editing mistake, my friend. I'll fix it now.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2016, 12:20:48 am »
A mere editing mistake, my friend. I'll fix it now.

Thanks .... appreciate it!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2016, 12:23:58 am »

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2016, 12:28:49 am »
Trump can't even get 70% in a one candidate race in West Virginia. What does that tell you?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:29:42 am by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2016, 12:41:37 am »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2016, 12:44:39 am »
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Oceander

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2016, 12:46:26 am »
#NeverTrump

A-Lert

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2016, 12:58:23 am »
I'm sorry, but myself and millions of other Americans are not voting for Donald Trump.
He is an idiot, he has no plan, he is an obvious liberal and in no way shape or form does he represent me. When I see him and Hillary side by side, I see them as twins. They are the exact same.

An idiot? The candidate who supports the 2nd Amendment, our military and secure borders?   :thud:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2016, 01:05:36 am »
An idiot? The candidate who supports the 2nd Amendment, our military and secure borders?   :thud:
He can say he supports all he wants.  He still has no policy papers or proven history. Even on ORielly tonight, he couldn't answer simple questions on whether he is against abortion. He would only say he would appoint justices. Wishy washy at best!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2016, 01:05:43 am »

There are people living off the grid in northern Idaho that believe in all of that. Doesn't make them Presidential material, much less intelligent.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

A-Lert

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2016, 01:12:01 am »
He can say he supports all he wants.  He still has no policy papers or proven history. Even on ORielly tonight, he couldn't answer simple questions on whether he is against abortion. He would only say he would appoint justices. Wishy washy at best!

You can say he doesn't support all you want. Does that make you an idiot?

Trump policy papers. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2016, 01:14:38 am »
You can say he doesn't support all you want. Does that make you an idiot?

Trump policy papers. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
I didn't say he doesn't support. I said that's all he says. No substance to is words.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2016, 01:17:46 am »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/anti-gun-control-rally-albany-brings-trump-article-1.1742627
http://dennismichaellynch.com/must-see-donald-trumps-position-on-the-blm/

Ignorance can be cured with knowledge.
Proof That Donald Trump IS THE REAL DEAL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmHwLaOloh4

I do not expect the Devote Cruzers to look at any of this. But if truth matters...

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Bill Cipher

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2016, 01:24:05 am »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/anti-gun-control-rally-albany-brings-trump-article-1.1742627
http://dennismichaellynch.com/must-see-donald-trumps-position-on-the-blm/

I do not expect the Devote Cruzers to look at any of this. But if truth matters...

Truth does matter, which is why only fools put their trust in a man whose main negotiating tactic is feeding his marks "truthful hyperbole" - more truthfully known as lies - and ignore his long history of liberalism. 

As far as position papers go, they're like plagiarized term papers: a dime a dozen on the Internet.  Does anyone seriously think he actually wrote those things, or even significantly contributed to them?  I don't, and I don't see any objective evidence that says otherwise. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2016, 01:24:11 am »
Trump is nothing more than a pied piper

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:28:10 am by mystery-ak »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2016, 01:26:11 am »

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:27:37 am by mystery-ak »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2016, 01:26:17 am »
Truth does matter, which is why only fools put their trust in a man whose main negotiating tactic is feeding his marks "truthful hyperbole" - more truthfully known as lies - and ignore his long history of liberalism. 

As far as position papers go, they're like plagiarized term papers: a dime a dozen on the Internet.  Does anyone seriously think he actually wrote those things, or even significantly contributed to them?  I don't, and I don't see any objective evidence that says otherwise.
Agree wholeheartedly. Trump can't even regurgitate any substance from his papers because there isn't any.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2016, 01:26:23 am »
No personal attacks...you know that A-Lert

RetBobbyMI.....I edited your post also
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:29:06 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2016, 01:54:32 am »

We've now crossed into a form of media even less reliable than the National Enquirer—YOUTUBE VIDEOS!  :silly:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024