Author Topic: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already  (Read 33800 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Okay, #NeverTrump, Enough Already
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2016, 05:27:56 pm »
"Say what one will, but Trump won fair and square."

So did Obama.

Twice.

I guess we should have all fallen in line behind him as well.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 05:28:22 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline bilo

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2016, 05:28:42 pm »
It's not just the GOP brand that Trump is obliterating, it's political conservatism.

Recall that he went into Wisconsin -  one of the spectacular and hardest won GOP/Conservative success stories in recent memory - and trashed the accomplishments of Scott Walker and the Republican Legislature in front of a Janesville crowd of spittle-laden UAW blue-fist monkeys. 

He's a cancer and his supporters are, by and large, arsonists and vandals.

:amen:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2016, 05:37:09 pm »
Trump would not be having the trouble he is having had he not won the Nomination by flinging poop at all the other candidates.  He failed to learn the lesson that McCain and Romney both taught.  That's the problem with politicians in general:  They refuse to learn the right lessons.  They learn only what they can accept, and they cannot accept that intelligent people of good moral standing will choose somebody else.  Therefore, they must be evil and consequently obliterated.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2016, 05:41:50 pm »
So did Obama.

Twice.

I guess we should have all fallen in line behind him as well.

Hi Luis!   :seeya:

That's exactly what the liberals have been hollering for the past seven, now eight, years.  "I won, so STFU and get in the back of the bus!"  I have no intention of falling into anybody's line, and I'd like to see them try and shut me up.  Heck, that would be the case even if it was somebody I actually liked.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2016, 05:43:07 pm »
Trump's crude insults of his opponents lead to Trump's supporters crude insults of his opponent's supporters.

It as if we went through a bloodbath to pick our team captain. Now the captain and those who supported him realize that they may have to forfeit, because they don't have enough team members left to field a lineup. Some have stayed with the team and the rest of them have all gone off to become free agents.
Half of the Captain's supporters say"Go ahead and leave, see if I care!", while the other half say "You can't leave or the other team wins!"

You're right. Trump's supporters mimic their leader.

It's pretty sad that we've come to the point where the only way to win is to not play.  Conservatives will remain a minority if Trump wins. If Trump loses there is an opportunity to rally around a real conservative in 2020, transform the GOP into a conservative oriented party, and win the POTUS. Hillary is a disaster, but at least a Pub held House will offer some resistance with Trump they will follow along if for no other reason than Trump would be the head of the party.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2016, 05:46:53 pm »
My initial reaction to Trump's crude insults of his opponents was positive. It was so unusual. As the primaries progressed I began to realize why candidates would go out of their way to avoid insulting their opponents. If they won the nomination they would need allies and making your opponents bitter enemies would make that pretty tough. Trump and his followers have created this mess. Now they are finding that a lot of the voters who supported other candidates are not going to jump on the "Trump train".

:amen: :amen:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2016, 05:49:35 pm »
If Trump loses there is an opportunity to rally around a real conservative in 2020, transform the GOP into a conservative oriented party, and win the POTUS.

The way I see it is this:  If Trump wins, then we are stuck with a Democrat for the next twelve years - four years of Trump followed by eight years of whoever the Dems nominate in 2020.  If Trump loses, then we are stuck with a Democrat for only four years, and an excellent chance of defeating the Dems in 2020.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2016, 05:51:16 pm »
You're right. Trump's supporters mimic their leader.

It's pretty sad that we've come to the point where the only way to win is to not play.  Conservatives will remain a minority if Trump wins. If Trump loses there is an opportunity to rally around a real conservative in 2020, transform the GOP into a conservative oriented party, and win the POTUS. Hillary is a disaster, but at least a Pub held House will offer some resistance with Trump they will follow along if for no other reason than Trump would be the head of the party.

I don't share your optimism.  If the House hasn't lifted a finger to stop Obama's criminal actions, why would they try to stop Hillary Clinton?  Answer:  They won't.  Meanwhile, Clinton will step up the attacks on conservatives, and make the IRS scandal look like a garden party.  There won't BE a conservative movement by 2020.

You are forgetting the GOP has not acted like an opposition party for the past eight years.  In private, they want the same things Obama wanted, and Clinton wants for the future.  Face it:  We don't have a party at all, in the true sense of the word.
I will NOT comply.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2016, 05:57:48 pm »
To insult Trump is to insult his voters

They insult themselves by supporting the buffoon. :chairbang:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Online libertybele

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2016, 06:07:10 pm »
The way I see it is this:  If Trump wins, then we are stuck with a Democrat for the next twelve years - four years of Trump followed by eight years of whoever the Dems nominate in 2020.  If Trump loses, then we are stuck with a Democrat for only four years, and an excellent chance of defeating the Dems in 2020.

We are going to have much bigger problems...mark my words.  This country under Trump or Hillary isn't going to last till 2020.

#NeverTrump     Don't blame me I support Cruz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2016, 06:07:21 pm »
I don't share your optimism.  If the House hasn't lifted a finger to stop Obama's criminal actions, why would they try to stop Hillary Clinton?  Answer:  They won't.  Meanwhile, Clinton will step up the attacks on conservatives, and make the IRS scandal look like a garden party.  There won't BE a conservative movement by 2020.

You are forgetting the GOP has not acted like an opposition party for the past eight years.  In private, they want the same things Obama wanted, and Clinton wants for the future.  Face it:  We don't have a party at all, in the true sense of the word.

Hey, I'm just trying to hold out some hope that tomorrow might be a better day.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2016, 06:10:47 pm »
Well Trump took out the field of 16 with kill shots.  He never got a 'timeout' or penalty like in hockey.

Understandable in a season of war against 'political correctness', but the lingering distaste is there.

Trump continues to draw attention to his crass methods AFTER the primary is over by attacking people on his side.

Some of anti-Trump crowd hates Trump so viscerally that they feel justified in whatever approach they take. And they see a like response as being unreasoned, and unfair.

Just as another poster said, insults of Trump are meant for his supporters as well, and the insults won't stop.

To what end? What purpose does that serve, beyond trying to salve an irrational, emotional wound?
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2016, 06:14:00 pm »
Geez! Haven't we talked about his "hand size" enough?  :whistle:

Yes, but again, this was part of 'Lil' Marco dialogue....

Not going to stop, UNLESS Trump focuses attacking Hillary and liberals.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2016, 06:15:45 pm »
Yep.  Saw this after my last response.  Very well said.

When Trump stops his insults, we'll stop ours.  I have no doubt he'll never stop.

Not an emotional wound.  Every single day Trump presents an opportunity to ratify why I'm #NeverTrump.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2016, 06:25:23 pm »
Have been fed this Ricardian Trade rhetoric at elite institutions for too long.

Relative advantage only works when there is no income constraint .

The 'Wal-Mart' cycle breaks down when the chinese decides to sell to others due to our bad credit.

I disagree with Trump and Sanders.  Trade deficits are not a bad thing when those exported dollars end up being re-imported as investment dollars.

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2016, 06:37:01 pm »
Yep.  Saw this after my last response.  Very well said.

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2016, 06:44:59 pm »
Hey, Trump supporters, I'm not being critical, just analytical.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Online libertybele

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2016, 06:47:54 pm »

Except Cruz is no longer in the race nor is Rubio, Santorum, Christie, Fiorina, Bush, Graham, Kasich, Carson, Perry, Walker, Jindal, Paul, Pataki, and Huckabee .
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2016, 06:57:07 pm »

Yeah, but Cruz's father assassinated JFK.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2016, 08:08:27 pm »
Hi Luis!   :seeya:

That's exactly what the liberals have been hollering for the past seven, now eight, years.  "I won, so STFU and get in the back of the bus!"  I have no intention of falling into anybody's line, and I'd like to see them try and shut me up.  Heck, that would be the case even if it was somebody I actually liked.

Bingo.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2016, 08:20:43 pm »

Left off check boxes for:
Voted to negate the bill of rights with his vote for the Patriot Act.
Voted for the Corker Bill
Wrote an Op-ed with Ryan in the WSJ pushing TPP/TSA.
Supported abdicating senate power to Obama (TSA) until he was against it.
Supported Amnesty,
Married to an Author of the CFR's North America Union Plan, Etc.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2016, 08:36:21 pm »
That's exactly what the liberals have been hollering for the past seven, now eight, years.  "I won, so STFU and get in the back of the bus!"

Well, Trump's a liberal, so . . .

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2016, 09:35:02 pm »
Well, Trump's a liberal, so . . .
Exactly. So here we are. Two "liberals." The question is whether either is tolerable.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2016, 09:50:03 pm »
Exactly. So here we are. Two "liberals." The question is whether either is tolerable.

Which one will send us to Hell in the more comfortable handbasket?
I will NOT comply.