Author Topic: Hillary: The Conservative Hope  (Read 2485 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Hillary: The Conservative Hope
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 06:50:38 pm »
Suddenly I'm feeling extremely content to live in a state where "none of the above" is an
option when voting for a president.

Now, if only I could be sure that, somehow, some way, the country manages to elect
a Congress that will actually do what the past few good-for-nothing Republican
Congresses didn't do---stand up to whomever between Donaldus Minimus and
Hilarious Rodent Clinton wins the presidency, obstruct their most fanciful (dangerous?)
proposals, remind them firmly and without flinching about what he/she can or can't do
according to Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution (He shall from time to time . . .
recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient

---meaning recommend, suggest, but don't expect us to just roll over,
play dead, and pass every damn last damn fool thing you send to us
), and let them
know (in the case of the Senate) that we're not even close to kidding about the "advise
and consent" part, you don't just get a rubber stamp on every last Supreme Court
nomination and if we don't consent, tough-tiddy-boom-boom to you!
. . .

How's about we knock it the hell off with worrying about whom is going to be crowned
the elected monarch in November and start worrying about what kind of Congress
we have even an outside prayer of hoping will head them off at the passes?

Barring a reasonably palatable third-party candidate, my presidential vote will be "none
of the above." Because I'm not in the habit of sending arsonists to save the burning
house.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.