Author Topic: What Does Trump Teach Leaders?  (Read 312 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

What Does Trump Teach Leaders?
« on: May 10, 2016, 04:53:00 pm »
www.bradmontgomery.com/what-does-trump-teach-leaders/
Brad Montgomery

Drop your phones, keyboards, whatever you use to send nasty-grams.  I AM NOT WRITING A POLITICAL ARTICLE HERE.  I am not endorsing Trump.  I am not not endorsing Trump.

Today we are talking about leadership — not politics.  (I do have some ideas about Trump too…but you’ll have to ask.)

One of the most interesting things about the Trump campaign is that many of his supporters are willing to overlook (and even deny) his more controversial statements.  They are focused on the man, the personality, the outsider status, the general direction he wants to go; they are not super interested in the details of his message.

Many Trump supporters believe that Trump doesn’t really mean much of the really nasty things he says. When asked if about Trump’s ideas about Muslims, Mexican Walls and women, they say things like, “He doesn’t really mean that.”  And furthermore, they don’t agree with those opinions.  In spite of the fact that Trump has well-documented and REALLY controversial opinions, a large number of his supporters neither agree with the Trump’s ideas nor accept that Trump himself believes them.   Get it?  That’s big news.  They support Trump even though they don’t support his ideas.

{snip}

PS.  Don’t get me wrong. In the end, our ideas do matter. The details DO matter.  And Trump is going to have to prove that he not only has a plan for the details, and that it is a good plan.  But for now, apparently, the Idea of Trump is more important than any of his ideas.

As a note, I am not associated in any fashion with Brad Montgomery, who is selling his services as a motivational speaker on his website, and not attempting to 'blog pimp'.  (Do we have a humblegunner on this site, by the way??)  I just thought it was an interesting article.  Your mileage may vary.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra