Author Topic: Amputee Marine's grit, determination making him an online sensation  (Read 290 times)

rangerrebew

Amputee Marine's grit, determination making him an online sensation

http://www.fox29.com/news/136264729-story

Josue Barron deployed to Afghanistan nearly six years ago. Unfortunately, he lost his left leg and an eye. They’ve been the few and the proud, but this Marine is also amazing!

Posted:May 03 2016 02:41PM EDT

Updated:May 03 2016 03:46PM EDT

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. (WTXF) - Josue Barron deployed to Afghanistan nearly six years ago. Unfortunately, he lost his left leg and an eye.

Last weekend, his unit – the 3rd Battalion 5th marine Regiment -- held a reunion at Camp Pendleton. Part of it involved a trek up a very steep hill, more than a mile straight up.

Video of that has gone viral and turned him into an online sensation.
Top fox29.com Searches

Amputee Marine's grit, determination making him an online sensation

"I can't let my amputation or my eye slow me down," Barron said.

His injuries haven’t slowed him down. He has his own business and a passion to overcome obstacles.

He explained, "If your mind is in the right place and you want to do something you just have to go for it."

Barron gave it everything he had on one leg and two hands to see crosses on top. He said they represent the colleagues who didn’t make it back.

"I had told myself I want to see those crosses and it took me five years to get up there. I had to get up there some way, somehow."

That meant going with Plan B: taking off his prosthetic leg.

"It wasn't working the way I wanted it to work, so I had to just take it off and just kind of crawl with my arms and one leg."

Fellow Marines helped with a push or two, but only until they got close to the top.

Barron remembered, "I had told my friend I'm just going to crawl and rush it, going to get up there, only had little bit left, need to push myself up there."

He said he hopes the video provides inspiration and motivation for fellow Marines, especially those who may be contemplating suicide.

Semper Fi!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 07:35:42 am by rangerrebew »