Author Topic: Facebook hides conservative news from its homepage, former workers allege  (Read 506 times)

Offline Suppressed

Facebook hides conservative news from its homepage, former workers allege

Excerpt:
The social network has implied that the trending section that appears along the right hand side of Facebook's website is chosen by crunching data on a story's popularity and timeliness. However, a former contractor who worked on this team has said the stories are often filtered by human news curators, similar to the homepage of a news website.

The ex-journalist revealed that they would regularly exclude US conservative topics for the section even if they were trending on the social network.

Read more at
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/05/09/facebook-hides-conservative-news-from-its-homepage-former-employ/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Facebook hides conservative news from its homepage, former workers allege

Excerpt:
Read more at
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/05/09/facebook-hides-conservative-news-from-its-homepage-former-employ/

Doesn't surprise me in the least!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline CaliGirl

I know Face Book hasn't taken anything I have posted from the Drudge Report or anything else so far! However, I am pretty close of cancelling it. I have a problem with the head honcho who continues to blab to the American people that he is a LIBERAL!!! Wish I could tell him to keep his yap shut!!!