Author Topic: Clinton: I'd put Bill 'in charge of revitalizing the economy'  (Read 1217 times)

Offline markomalley

From The Hill:
Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton is beginning to hint at what role her husband, former President Bill Clinton, could have in her administration if elected president.

At a campaign stop in Fort Mitchell, Ky., Clinton said her husband would be "in charge of reitalizing the economy."
A truly scary thought.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:28:23 pm by markomalley »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Clinton: I'd put Bill 'in charge of revitalizing the economy'
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 10:35:14 pm »
Wow! The Clinton Crime Family is promising another two-fer.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 01:48:29 am »
It was George H. Bush that actually drafted NAFTA; Billy was responsible for signing it into law. He presided over the longest period of peacetime economic expansion in American history. The Congressional Budget Office reported budget surpluses of $69 billion in 1998, $126 billion in 1999, and $236 billion in 2000, during the last three years of Clinton's presidency.  However, that was then ... this is now:

Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch has issued a new report, NAFTA at 20:Some of the effects of NAFTA that are highlighted in the report include:

* $181 billion U.S. trade deficit with NAFTA partners Mexico and Canada,
   * one million net U.S. jobs lost because of NAFTA,
   * a doubling of immigration from Mexico,
   * larger agricultural trade deficits with Mexico and Canada,
   * and more than $360 million paid to corporations after “investor-state” tribunal attacks on, and rollbacks of, domestic public interest policies.

The data also show how post-NAFTA trade and investment trends have contributed to:

** middle-class pay cuts, which in turn contributed to growing income inequality;
  ** how since NAFTA, U.S. trade deficit growth with Mexico and Canada has been 45 percent higher than with countries not party to a U.S. Free Trade Agreement,
  ** and how U.S. manufacturing and services exports to Canada and Mexico have grown at less than half the pre-NAFTA rate.

https://ourfuture.org/20131230/nafta-at-20-1-million-lost-jobs-580-increase-in-trade-deficit
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 01:53:49 am »
Trump responded by saying John Miller would take charge of the economy in his administration.

So there's that.....
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 01:59:16 am »
The only economy Bill would be revitalizing is the trade in cigars, blue dresses, and dry-cleaning.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 02:05:29 am »
Or he will drag out Gingrich to take credit for Bill's economic successes.  That is not entirely unfair.  It's just that Gingrich comes with LOTS of other baggage and has since moved left left left.

Trump and Gingrich are 575 pounds, 143 years, and  6 marriages of old white dude.  God, what a disaster if he picks Newt to be involved at all.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 02:07:30 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 02:17:49 am »
Clintons economy.  You mean outsourcing and downsizing. NAFTA.  Hillary is going to hand over the reigns so that she can suck down the booze all day?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 01:47:20 pm »
From The Hill:A truly scary thought.

Will Hillary hire the entire House of Representatives from the class of 94 with their Contract with America too?

Because without them Bill Clinton will have about as much success with the economy as Barry Soetoro is currently having.

I cracks me up the way democrats are always crediting Bill Clinton with the economic resurgence on the 90s when he was dragged into the policies that created it kicking and screaming.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 02:08:56 pm »
Trump and Gingrich are 575 pounds, 143 years, and  6 marriages of old white dude.  God, what a disaster if he picks Newt to be involved at all.

Exactly.  Trump would be a disaster even without Gingrich.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.