Author Topic: Trump: 'Everybody is getting a tax cut'  (Read 2271 times)

Offline kjam22

Re: Trump: 'Everybody is getting a tax cut'
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 03:49:05 am »
A simple search shows me quite clearly that these news articles are not from the Ted Cruz campaign.

Yep...

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/05/08/abcs-stephanopoulos-calls-out-trump-contradicting-his-own-tax-plan/210288

In a way some of the King Trumpy Worshipers are in denial.   I mean they are the type that died with Jim Jones....  it's crazy.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

geronl

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 03:55:40 am »

In a way some of the King Trumpy Worshipers are in denial.   I mean they are the type that died with Jim Jones....  it's crazy.

I want to see him move to Guyana and open Trumptopia...

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 04:12:45 am »
Yep...

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/05/08/abcs-stephanopoulos-calls-out-trump-contradicting-his-own-tax-plan/210288

Trump supporters have found themselves in a self-imposed, schizophrenic, identity crisis. Hearing it all the time now, "what is a conservative?" "I don't even know what that word means anymore."  All for the support of one political candidate. That is the end result of supporting someone who has no core ideology. To them, 2016 has become a year-long Monday Night Football game. And they bring the requisite level of depth that such a contest requires.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:14:01 am by The Jackal »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 06:42:25 am »
I'm so grateful you're around to let us know what we hear and read from Trump is not what Trump actually said.

It's nice.  I too have trouble following Trump's monosyllabic sentence fragments like..."I'm totally self funding my campaign"
I actually mistakenly thought that meant "I'm totally self funding my campaign."

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 09:55:48 am »
Yep...

Irony to be citing Soros media matters and left-wing Stephanopoulos to try to salvage your $neverTrump smear..
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline kjam22

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 11:49:25 am »
Irony to be citing Soros media matters and left-wing Stephanopoulos to try to salvage your $neverTrump smear..

Did you watch the video?  Are you denying the words that came out of his mouth?   You attack the source so you don't have to defend what he said?   Is that it???
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 11:55:50 am »
Did you watch the video?  Are you denying the words that came out of his mouth?   You attack the source so you don't have to defend what he said?   Is that it???
Are you claiming that a discussion about the details of how he would implement his tax CUTS would include a complete negation of everything he said before and after? The entire discussion was in how much could be cut not raised. The term raise was in the context of the bottom number of the proposed tax plan. But hey that does not help the Globalists does it? Hence, the out-of-context sound bite from the known dishonest media. If they had pulled this crap with your guy you could see how it is dishonest.  Stop letting the open borders crowd tell you what to think...
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline kjam22

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 12:32:33 pm »
Are you claiming that a discussion about the details of how he would implement his tax CUTS would include a complete negation of everything he said before and after? The entire discussion was in how much could be cut not raised. The term raise was in the context of the bottom number of the proposed tax plan. But hey that does not help the Globalists does it? Hence, the out-of-context sound bite from the known dishonest media. If they had pulled this crap with your guy you could see how it is dishonest.  Stop letting the open borders crowd tell you what to think...

Out of context...?    Sheesh.... He said his expectation is that the wealthy will pay more taxes.    We both know that the only real renegotiation with the dems is going to be in defining the wealthy and the middle class.....   

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2016, 12:44:54 pm »
Out of context...?    Sheesh.... He said his expectation is that the wealthy will pay more taxes.    We both know that the only real renegotiation with the dems is going to be in defining the wealthy and the middle class.....
2 separate issues being combined. 1 The over all lowered tax rates. 2 The fact people like him do not get taxed like us because of the crooked tax code has carve outs for the super wealthy tax manipulation vehicles to handle their wealth. You did notice he specifically mentioned hedge fund Managers.  Lo info people do not understand why people like Hillary who charges 200K for a 15 min speech pays NO income tax on that amount since its not "income" to her under the corrupt tax code. So yes the super Wealthy will have to pay like the rest of us at the lower rates but for them it will be more since they are paying much less now because of the crooked tax code.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2016, 12:59:37 pm »
The fact is the entire context of everything said was within the plan Trump had stated not outside it like its being presented but the dishonest reporting to get sound bites for the short attention span people is the only reason this is being discussed. The Media lied like they always do.

That is complete horse crap!

STEPHANOPOULOS: But bottom line, do you want taxes on the wealthy to go up or down?

TRUMP: They will go up a little bit. And they may got up, you know...

STEPHANOPOULOS: But they're going down in your plan.

TRUMP: No, no, in my plan they're going down, but by the time it's negotiated, they'll go up.

More context:

TRUMP: I don't mind paying more tax, I'll be honest with you. I don't mind paying more tax. I've done very well over the last 40 years.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But under your plan, you pay less taxes.

TRUMP: But under my plan, it's going to be negotiated. What I'm saying is I will be submitting something like what I did in terms of concept -- because it's just a concept, George.

And more context:

STEPHANOPOULOS: But in the end, will someone like me or Donald Trump pay more under your tax plan?

TRUMP: I have a feeling we may pay some more. But I'll tell you, the middle class is going to pay a lot less. And I wouldn't mind paying more, George. We've got to do something. I mean I wouldn't mind paying more.

Still more context:

STEPHANOPOULOS: -- you're saying you're willing to pay more.

TRUMP: I'm -- I am willing to pay more.

And do you know what?

The wealthy are willing to pay more. We've had a very good run. You know, we hear all about Obama. We hear all about -- we've had a very good run.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So that would be a big change from your plan.

TRUMP: No, it's not a change, George. It's a negotiation.

Nobody lied about the context. Trump is not talking about taxes going up within the context of his plan. He said point blank that he's willing to pay more and he suspects that the wealthy will pay more than they currently do.

Stop the damn spin.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 01:08:06 pm »
Why should rational  people feel the need to defend a made up hit piece. We were not taken in by the deceptive MSM here.

No, you were taken in by your own desire to believe your lying ears. There was no hit piece. I posted the  ABC This Week transcript for you on that other thread and also included part of the CNBC Squawk Box transcript.

There was no stated or implied context about taxes going up from the lowest level defined in Trump's plan. He said that he's had a very good run, done well for himself, and doesn't mind paying more taxes.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle